SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First time bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi I started baiting for the first time on Saturday, the guy I am baiting has had a lot of money from others already (had a fraud warning email warning me he was a scammer and stating he has had a lot of victims)
I asked him to send me a picture of him holding up some txt and he has sent me this Sad

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ab3RpHOP4XpDZGY2NzI4MmpfMmM2c2M1d2cy&hl=en

Hope the link works, Its obviously a fake but I am getting slowly out of my depth Very Happy Should I slap him down and "try" and get a real one or pretend I belive it and carry on?
Knid
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater bob-bob,

Since it is fake, I might suggest telling him the file would not open. Change the subject for about a week and then ask for it again.

Also be sure to read the stickies, Eater U and always bait safe.

Have fun and give 'em hell!
Nap Olean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't want to educate the lads. If a victim would see right through it, thank him and move on to the next step of the bait, ie no slap.

Fake banks Waterlooed: x54 United Kingdom Netherlands Spain United States South Africa Canada Ghana Bahamas, The Nigeria Switzerland Italy Ivory Coast Serbia and Montenegro Belgium Australia Denmark Safari x4 Mortar x25 Closed lad accounts x4 Goat Easter Egg 2011
Alex Van Dijk: DEAR ASSHOLE, YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY TO VAN DIJK BUT YOUR LITTLE BRAIN THAT HAS MADE YOU A STUPID MAN DOES NOT CALCULATE WELL . I STARTED REACHING YOU ARROUND FEBRUARY AND YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY ON THE 25TH OF JANUARY. DONT U SEE THAT YOU ARE TOO DULL FOR THE FAST GAME YOU INTENDED PLAYING ASS HOLE F*** YA MAMA S PUSSYYYYYYYYYYYY HOOOOOOOO.
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the welcome and the advice Smile however I jumped the gun and slapped him! Lesson learnt about educating them as I had not thought about baiting from that angle. I will in future bear that in mind, sorry.
Still it will be interesting to see how he replies Smile

The following was the warning I received about this lad, I have not included the header, it was from fraudwatch:

I was contacted by a thief and unfortunately for him he also sent me your e-mails in the CC list. So I know you are being scammed by Mark the "Angel Investor" as well. There are no loans coming and he has no intention of sending you any money. The only intention he has is of you sending money to him each step along the way. Please do yourself a favor and do not send him any money! If there really was a loan there is no reason that the upfront fee could not be added into the loan like every other legitemate lending institution does.

The scam he is pulling is not new and many agnecies have been set up to combat his type of online fraud and educate the public. Go into google and type in "419 scams" you will get hundreds of pages on what these guys try and pull. Additionally go to these websites for further information.

http://www.419fraud.com/

http://www.secretservice.gov

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/.../nigeralrt.htm

Most importantly, DO NOT WARM THE SCAMMER THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ALERTED!!! As he will just change his e-mail address and begin to scam other before I have had a chance to warn them.

Thanks

A former Scam Victim
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi bob-bob!

If you only started baiting on Saturday, and already your Lad has gone to all the trouble of using a graphics programme for you, then I'd say:

1. He believes you are a genuine victim, who is certain to send him some money; and

2. You've got a good compliant Lad there.

So don't worry about 'getting out of your depth' - you must be doing very well!

Have a read of his latest email and imagine that you are not too smart. What is confusing to a not-too-smart person? Write and ask him what it means.

When he answers, thank him very much, and tell him you understand now, but what about that other thing he mentioned?

Throw in words like, 'I really want to make sure I'm doing this correctly' and 'I don't want to make any mistakes', and you should get on just fine.

And about your warning from fraudwatch: it'd be a nice gesture if you wrote back (from your character's mail account) and thanked them for their mail and tell them it's OK, you're baiting, so they can be reassured.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the sound advice Branwen, I will tone it down a bit and see how we get on, starting by sending a panic email apologising for the last email and begging that it does not ruin our business Very Happy

I did reply to the fraudwatch email at the time thanking them, although it did cross my mind it might have been the lad checking me out!! But i did get a reply wishing me luck in my endeavor hehe
Thank you again
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Finally got my lad to send a few proper pictures Smile
The picture I requested - http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ab3RpHOP4XpDZGY2NzI4MmpfNmNxc3pkOGdn&hl=en

And one more he sent - http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ab3RpHOP4XpDZGY2NzI4MmpfNGRtM21ra2M2&hl=en

Smile
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great job on the pics, bob-bob. Thumbs up Thumbs up

Your lad is either very successful at scamming or he is just seeing if he can supplement his income with scamming. I am hoping for the latter.

Do you have an IP address for your lad?

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Jose Smile
Yes he certainly seems very well off, and I had been warned by someone who thought I was a victim, that he has scammed quite a few people.....
He uses gmail so not got an IP yet, but to be fair I have not thought to try and get that yet!
Am getting a bit out of my depth now!!!
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ You seem to be doing just fine. Are you baiting him from a gmail account?

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
bob-bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I am using googlemail account, hope thats ok?!
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ Absolutely. I was just trying to figure out how to get him switched to another addy so you could get his IP.

If you feel comfortable baiting from yahoo or hotmail, you could set up another email account and start emailing him from there. After a few days, you could say that all of his emails to you are getting caught in your spam filter or just show up as "Blocked" and you can't open them. Suggest that he move to a like account (hotmail or yahoo) to avoid any delays. Smile

It's not really important that you know where he is, just convenient in the event that you have the opportunity to send him on a safari.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic