SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Success In Foreign Languages

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Akuma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys,

I am new to the whole scambaiting thing. I have been receiving emails for years promising me the world, I read some of the scambaits and always wished I could do it. I then hit on the idea of pretending to be Japanese (I can speak & write it) as a way to waste their time.

My first scammer told me I had won $1,000,000 and a car in some lottery which is a fairly common one. I responded to him in Japanese that I then ran through babelfish to make it really difficult for him to read. He has started corresponding in Japanese (put through babelfish by the looks of it) and I have managed to get him to make sure whatever he writes before putting it in the translator is 100% correct or I wont be able to understand. This has been going on for a while now, he has been sending what looks like painstakingly written emails in Japanese asking for me to send him money but somehow I keep on misunderstanding him.

My question is just for anyone who has done any baits similar to this, making them speak anything but English. Do they get tired quickly and bugger off or is it easy to keep them hanging on? I want to know so I can judge how shittily to write when I respond to them.

For example....

I sent

Quote:
こんばんはムサさん
私は元気です、お元気ですか?
最後のメールもいっぱいローマ字な単語があるけど辞書にこの単語がない、オンライン辞書を使うの?多分英語の単語は悪いスペリングかなー?次のメール単語全部慎重にチェックして下さい
とにかく、なんで五百ドルを必要ですか?チェックは簡単ですよ!紙にペンで書いてそれからメールしてください!私は日本に銀行の手数料を支払う。百万ドルを貰ったらあなたの小さい支払金を送る。レシートを送って下さい!

次のメール単語全部慎重にチェックを覚えていて

礎石こなぎ

which means

Quote:
Good Evening Mr. Musa
I am good, how are you?
Your last mail contained lots of words still in Roman Alphabet but these do not appear in the dictionary, do you use an online dictionary? Probably you are spelling the English words wrong, maybe? In your next mail can you make sure that you check every word carefully.
Anyway, why do you need $500? A cheque is well easy. Take a paper and pen and write the details then mail it to me. I will pay the bank charges here in Japan. When I receive the million dollars I will pay your trifling mail fees. Please send me any receipts!

Remember, please check every word carefully in your next mail.

Soseki Konagi

but when put through google translate comes out as

Quote:
Musa says Hello
I'm fine, how are you?
I do not have this word in the dictionary there are also full of mail last Roman word, use the online dictionary? Perhaps Na spelling of English words or bad? Please carefully check all e-mail the following words
Anyway, why do I need 105 dollars? Check it easy! Please write it in the mail from pen to paper! I have to pay bank fees in Japan. Send your payment貰Ttara a million dollars less. Please send a receipt!

Remember to carefully check all e-mail the following words

Cornerstone of this calm

which is pretty bad but judging by the Japanese this guy writes he is using babelfish which translates it as this

Quote:
It is dense, it is, it is multiple-unit steerable antenna me it is vigorous, it is vigorous? However the last mail all the way the alphabetical character there is a word, there is no this word in the dictionary, the online dictionary is used? The [superingu] kana whose English word is bad perhaps -? The next mail word it is prudently please check in any case, 500 dollar necessary entirely with something? Check is simple! Writing on the paper with the pen, then the mail please do! I pay the commission of the bank to Japan. When 1,000,000 dollar is received, the payment gold where you are small is sent. Please send the receipt! The next mail word all remembering check prudently Foundation it is dense the [gi

He keeps coming back for more though.

So anyone had any luck with foreign languages?

Abasio
w00tz3r
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm currently working on a lad in Spanish. He uses a translator too and for now we play along quite nicely (read more on the forum about this).

His last e-mail was horrific but that gives me an opportunity to ask him to rewrite his mail Wink. It's almost time to give him a call in Spanish to check if he really knows the language (99.9% sure he doesn't).

Since I'm new myself I don't have that much experience (yet), perhaps one of the more experienced baiters can tell more...
Akuma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be great to call, but I wouldn't spend my money on it.
Hope yours goes well too. Cool
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do the language trick in reverse - one of my catcher accounts gets a lot of French lottery scams, and I force the Lads to use English, and just about every time they babelfish their replies.

For example:

Quote:
We contact you by this present you to inform that you are one (E) happy (E) winner (E) of the lottery promotion Internet NATIONALE.Ceci LOTTO not being thus a spam nor a virus, want to find in attached file your various numbers winners and the sum which you have gain.
To enter in possession of your batch, please exclusively address by e-mail a mail to the bailiff in charge of the handing-over of your profit.

Quote:
We acknowledge receipt of your mail.
We inform you that we show delay in the constitution of your file.
Will know that my cabinet has the role of constituting your file and of once initiating the procedure of withdrawal of profit in possession of the certificate of act of recipient who will be delivered to us by the public prosecutor of dimension D '' ivory in order to be able to transmit your file to the bank for the releasing of your funds.
It is quite sour in direction that the financial institution in charge of the payment of your profit will be able in all safety to transfer of your funds on your account in your home country.
Consequently, award-winning please fill the formalities legal and administrative, in order to allow me to carry out the update of your files and to transmit them to the bank to finalize the transaction of your assets.

Quote:
following the very good reception of your mail I see well that you and I us sums not understood yet until there I will like to seize the occasion for you ask quite sour at the time of your first contact with me it was why to the Juste as I say it to you until now I am not to you. Otherwise concerning to me I am lawyer accredited for the complaint of profit of lottery of which you are for your information an award-winning because your enamel was chooses following an electronic pulling several addresses enamel of which your address forms of it obviously part. for what is claimed to you of my share it is right the form of withdrawal of profit which will enable me to open a file on your behalf of award-winning. Otherwise if you are not in possession of this document comprising of information on your handing-over of profit the gin will be automatically cancelled.
I believe well to have explained to you into good and of the form what put to me in liaison with you.
Ci those I wish you a very good end of the week hoping to have your news as of tomorrow

Laughing

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not all throughout but I regularly give my characters a migration background (French, Italian, Greek or Turkish), especially to excuse the misunderstandings regarding money transfers Smile
I know you are just showing us how it´s done Smile it´s very interesting to follow it.

There is a French scambaiting forum in existence (Eater member jerome´s siggy line), and I think they do some or most baiting in French. Normally, I think most lads use Babelfish.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
w00tz3r
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For sure mine uses Babelfish. How else could you explain wonderfull sentences like "YOU SO I CAN'T retirarse de él."

I really need to put attention in his answers, because they become more and more unreadable Smile.
Akuma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! His last Japanese was almost readable. Much better than I would expect from something like babelfish. Maybe he has shifted to google translate or has bought something better. Either way he must has spent the time at least getting his English spelling right Cool

On another note, he wants me to contact this barrister to talk about legal fees etc, the barrister has an email address at rocketmail.com! Yeah, rocket mail Razz Very official looking.

Oh and does anyone have a worse photoshop job than this

?? I mean seriously WTF? Laughing

Last edited by Akuma on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's a really bad photoshop. Very Happy

However, you should remove it from your post, write FAKE over it and re-post.
Lads do occasionally trawl here and we don't want to be handing them blanks they can use themselves. Wink

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's an excellent passport ... just don't tell the lad otherwise!

Commonly used baiting languages on Eater are English (of course), American (y'all knew that didn't you) and Orstralien (lots of them drop bear loving varmints infest this place, even more since they lost the Ashes). But I think one of the favourite and very successful languages is Pirate (Arrrrr!) Rolling Eyes
dutchkroket
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am currently baiting a love vlad in dutch. I know the person is in russia, but he/she/it is still sending emails in dutch, even after proposing to talk further in english. The emails clearly indicate abuse of the language by a translator. It is going awfully slow though. Average response takes over a week.

i decided to check not you just to make sure you are ok - Abubakar Hamza
is only an idiot will see a life opportunity and ignore it - Florence Jackson
YOU ARE VERY LOCKY THAT YOU GET BACK TO ME IN TIME - BALA
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For real foreign language success, translate your message 5 or 6 times from English to Japanese to Russian to French then to whatever. The Babelfish confusion compounds with each translation!

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It would be great to call, but I wouldn't spend my money on it.

Why not ? Just keep saying "Que ?" Laughing

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
Akuma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Calling from Japan would cost me my hard earned is why. Shocked

llamedos wrote:
That's a really bad photoshop. Very Happy

However, you should remove it from your post, write FAKE over it and re-post.
Lads do occasionally trawl here and we don't want to be handing them blanks they can use themselves. Wink

Done and done!

Got a mail from his lawyer and his fee for his services in sending a cheque is......$3850. Luckily my friend is a lawyer and can help me for free.

Was in two minds whether to tell them this as they will definitely brick it but will they just runaway from me?
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
More than likely the lad will try to convince you that your lawyer isn't good enough and you should use his 'lawyer'

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ sounds like an opportunity to introduce a second character, your lawyer, who can yell and abuse the lad as much you want while you are the compliant victim Wink

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Akuma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caligula wrote:
^ sounds like an opportunity to introduce a second character, your lawyer, who can yell and abuse the lad as much you want while you are the compliant victim Wink

I have been thinking about that, but finding a decent email address for the lawyer is hard. Free email accounts are not usually that official looking. Like his lawyer barristersomething at rocketmail.com, ahh that famous lawfirm rocket mail. I set up an account at goo.co.jp as it's simple. I was also thinking of introducing a fellow scammer, yakuza or triads to warn him off this gullible victim they have already gotten a bit out of already Smile
Beanish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All lawyers use accounts on free mail services to do business. It's a mark of authenticity. You would never want to hear from a lawyer that has, for example, an address in a domain that matches the name of her law firm. That would be weird. Spooky. Untrustworthy.

That is to say: convincing lads that it's normal to have "[email protected]" as an address is a good thing.

you are your guy took my money i will make sure you go to jail in nigeria
This is like a dream cone through to me.
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Inspired by signs in "Engrish" like this one....

I've recently started a few trial scambaits which reply like this example to a refugee orphan with a trunkbox lad:
Quote:

NiHao

I am must strongly urge your email reading. Much good fortune that you have so much money but sorrow abounds your death of family. I will prayers and incense making at shrine for them.

Much important read that making of hard-disk and computer part here in China we make very many and good invest of capital for business tumescence and great profit!. Model number and capacity please to be donating. We are having all breeds of hard-disk in many size from small to circus elephant.

I hope you have an interest. Money investment in China with Dragon economy is auspicious!!

The tentacle waves!

Celestial Dragon Computer Inc

(My english not good I sorry but new language for dragon. The translating machine is being used)

I'm not actually double-running this through a translator rather I'm just making silly word changes and occasionally putting in something completely nonsense Smile

Good excuse for not taking phone calls either as (a) I don't speak english and (b) as a Lung T'ien (Celestial Dragon) I find mobile phones a bit fiddly and small to use. Cool

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Akuma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's nice butchering your own language to try and put them off.

Somehow these guys now think my lawyer character is the brother of the victim Shocked Not sure how they got that but then again the garbage I have been writing is pretty damn hard to decifer.

On the other hand I am starting to think this might not be a scam, I mean look at this picture they sent me

look at the personalised number plate on that! It must be real Laughing Laughing
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I second Bruin's thought on translating multiple times. I like to make sure I mix in a Latin based language with an Asian one. It helps to disperse the confusion evenly.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Akuma, you're on the right track, the lad is doing more work than you Smile

On a related note, I haven't seen a mention of Multibabel for a while.

mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Seven of Nine, this are a narcotic place; it is a diamond without processing authentic of one!

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
Akuma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seven of Nine wrote:
@Akuma, you're on the right track, the lad is doing more work than you Smile

On a related note, I haven't seen a mention of Multibabel for a while.

Always fun, but with Japanese you just need to do it once to mess everything up

All you need is one translation on babelfish from English to Japanese and it messes everything up.

becomes

The fact that you need from English is just one translation of babelfish from Japanese, everything is made ruinous.

Shocked Imagine what it'll be like after 5 times
Akuma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I scared it off with my lawyer character, got an amusing email to his inbox saying how stupid I was for ruining it for her blah blah blah.

Any ideas how to get the scammer back in? I thought of sending an email thanking him for his help and that I received the money and if he wants a present like a cell phone or computer I would happily buy him something.

It might at least freak him out Razz and if he's dumb he might get back in touch Laughing

Better ideas are highly appreciated though
lil-whacka
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been desperately waiting for some scam in german, which I speak kind of well.

none appeared Sad

if anyone wants to fool em and needs help I am in (as well as swedish and danish)

Whacky

.... nah, no chance Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic