SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Zip Bomb **Mk II** !!Downloadable!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
blackkats
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ana wrote:
^^ What can happen to my Pc if i open it?

I think is a bad idea... because if i see a link here, i think is a safe one.. sometimes people dont care about the post content... and just click the link. Or maybe you can open a new topic... maybe im paranoid lol but you have to be careful

The link itself opens to a new page. You have to download the file from the new page and then unzip it to have the bomb go off. Here, to make things easier, just google 42.zip and go to the unforgettable.dk website.

The zip bomb will expand to 4.5 Petabytes.
VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wow, i wasted all that time, Laughing note to self, don't fuckin bother in future.. Laughing

V

...A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world.

we do not condune such act, so you have to act like a mature man because you are dealing with a company. Mr Fr3derick W. Sm1th the FEDEX company

Closed lad accounts
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@blackkats:

I actually had to look up petabyte (even though I suspected it to be 1000 TB), but on the dutch wikipedia page there was this little gem that I'd like to share with you:

Quote:

Een petabyte aan informatie komt ongeveer overeen met:

* Een toren van 1,8 km hoog van gestapelde cd-romschijven zonder doosje

As most of you don't speak dutch, I'll translate:

Quote:

A petabyte of information approximately equals to:

* A tower of stacked cd-rom discs (without box) of 1,8 km high

bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That would be an impressive monument of faith.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Jonas Parker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent out the MarkII version to my lad's "barrister", and received the following reply:

Attention: BUCK A. R00BOB

I am so happy with the form you sent to me. I will wait to hear from you as you said by tomorrow to send the fee for their require documents bank demands for your transfer.

As soon as you paid the money through the name I gave you try and send the payment slip through e-mail attachment. I will wait for your update.

BARRISTER BIN J0HNSON (S.4.M)
(LAWYER IN-CHARGE

Looks like this guy is easy to keep happy... I hope he loves Western Onion as much... Cool

Last edited by Jonas Parker on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bohigal wrote:
^^^That would be an impressive monument of faith.

And also guiness record Very Happy
What about tower of DVD's? Very Happy If I am counting right, the rower would be high about 265 meters...

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

blackkats wrote:
The link itself opens to a new page. You have to download the file from the new page and then unzip it to have the bomb go off. Here, to make things easier, just google 42.zip and go to the unforgettable.dk website.

The zip bomb will expand to 4.5 Petabytes.

@ blackkats: I've been to the page and seen the description of the bad things that happen. How do I package it so that a lad will not be alarmed but will click the "THE BUTTON"?

Edited to add: Does the clicky on the webpage: "Click here to download 42.zip(42.374 bytes zipped)" just download the zipfile or does it set off the bomb? :yikes:

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
re-act
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Just downloads the file.

Unfortunately the final files are .DLL. So GMail won't let me send them... (or GMail has all wrong. Anyway my mailbox detected it as a .exe and would not send it. Why? Good question!) Anyone had any better luck?

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just learned about Exabytes - wow, if you thought Petabytes were big, these are chunkier.

Quote:
"As of December 2008[update], the global monthly Internet traffic is estimated to be 5 to 8 exabytes.[2] As of May 2009[update], the size of the internet itself has been roughly estimated to be 500 billion gigabytes, or 500 exabytes.[3]"

Mind you the Zettabytes and Yottabytes make them look dinky.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lets go for the top figure. Its called a Yotabyte.. 1000000000000000000000000 or 10 to the power of 24. I can't make the 24 smaller than the 1, but ye, its the largest confirmed number in the international system of units. For all you nerds here's the wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yotta-

If i use my zip creator, to make up a 10gig file, if I zip it, then copy the zip, and put them zips into a zip, wonder how many i could get into a 10mb file.. hmm

V

...A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world.

we do not condune such act, so you have to act like a mature man because you are dealing with a company. Mr Fr3derick W. Sm1th the FEDEX company

Closed lad accounts
KnottyPine
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@re-act: I have had the same problem trying to email similar files through gmail, too. Anyone know how to do it?

Why is it so difficult to receive money from you.I am having a hunch that you are delibrately making it difficult for me.I want you to remember all the problems you have put me through from your first bank transfer to the second one to our London account to this very western Union that you sent more than a week ago. You are putting me through all kind of stress just to receive money from you.

kindly please for God sake re-send it again in a proper way

you are making things so complicated for me...i can no longer condole all this stress you are making me pass through

Your are so honest i like the way you act.

you are playing games with me, but I still want to beleive in you because I have no much choices right now.
PG13
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Would it not be more useful to create a zip file that contain many many really small files (<1kb). So when the lad unzip it, probably on the desktop, it will create a mess. Or is it off limit ?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VForVendetta1605 wrote:
Lets go for the top figure. Its called a Yotabyte.. 1000000000000000000000000 or 10 to the power of 24.

Actually, in computing, a kilobyte is 2 to the power of 10 bytes (1024B), and a megabyte is 2 to the power of 20 bytes(1024KB), and so on. A yottabyte is 2 ^ 80 bytes, which is pretty much anyway.

And, back to the original topic, I tried creating a zip-bomb myself, and succeeded greatly - 87,7 MB compressed with 7zip format to only 12,9 KB. If you want to try it too, just get a hex editor (I used KHexEdit but if you don't use Linux you could see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_hex_editors), create a file with a loooong string of zeros, save it, use any name and file extension you want (photographs, documents etc...) and compress it - you have a zip-bomb. Don't be near when it goes off. You'll earn bonus work for your lad if you use some archiving format that is unknown to most casual users and decompressors, like StuffIt or UHarc.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's wonderful all this talk of peta and yottabytes, but what happens when the lad opens this? If it causes his machine to groan and keel over, then haven't we done the same thing as sending him some malware?

If however, his machine is guaranteed to accept the file and then go about downloading it without collapsing, then you have created a mighty application indeed. This app needs to be tested on some older machines to see what will happen.

Proud member of the "Todger Club"
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of mine's 80gb hard drive is just lying around. Am happy to test it on that if you like, it's pretty old, at least 5years old

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Jesperthegoth
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ophelia Dikki wrote:
It's wonderful all this talk of peta and yottabytes, but what happens when the lad opens this? If it causes his machine to groan and keel over, then haven't we done the same thing as sending him some malware?

If however, his machine is guaranteed to accept the file and then go about downloading it without collapsing, then you have created a mighty application indeed. This app needs to be tested on some older machines to see what will happen.

There is an invisible boundary. I'd say it's safe if you stay below 500MB and definitely safe if you stay below 100MB (uncompressed). The size doesn't matter - the extra work directed at the lad does. Make it cluttered with small files, if the lad bothers to check whether any of those 100 bitmaps or documents contained the information he wanted, tell him that the file was cOrRuPt and will have to be sent again. Of course, use even weirder modifications and different archiver formats, have him download new decompressors (WinZip didn't work? Try WinAce. That didn't work either? Why don't you get...). You could also waste the lad's money by telling him that registered versions of archivers have the ability to fix corrupt files. It's not about the size of your zip, but how well you use it. Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jesperthegoth wrote:
It's not about the size of your zip, but how well you use it. Very Happy

I bet you say that to ALL the boys Rolling Eyes

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ophelia: I'm not sure if this is able to do any permanent damage... I guess that as soon as the file fills up all available space during the unzipping (swapfile/-partition as well as all the RAM) an error will occur telling the lad there's not enough space...
Another fun thing might be making a file that exceeds 4 gb. On somewhat older computers (lad internet cafe's?) they might still use FAT32-partitioning (as opposed to the more 'modern' NTFS, that most of us will use by now). FAT32 is a method of information storage (to simplify matters) that allows for max filesizes of 4gb. If the file exceeds that limit it can't be stored, thus rendering the time spent on the (cpuhogging unzipping process) lost.

PG13
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an old Celeron 2 GHz wih 256 MB RAM and an 80 GB HD (might have to double check the HD tho). I am so tempted to try one of the bomb on it. Nobody is using it for at least a year now. Which one should I try first ?

The 42.zip is boring really. It won't unzip everything at once. You need to manually unzip all the files.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just had an idea. To test whether the zip bomb does any actual damage to a computer in case of a hard drive being filled, download a virtual pc machine and try it. I'd do it myself right away but I'm not at my own baitstation right now. If I manage to get any conclusive results I'll post them here. I'd suggest that the worst case scenario would be that the computer would only boot in safe mode until some hard drive space is released.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The reason there are fake .dll files in there is that an antivirus will scan them when downloaded and unzipped, making the scammer's PC pretty slow. Of course it should have been an auto executable unzip. But then gmail would have flagged it too... I guess Gmail is just too good for our own good.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic