SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Now,two possible scams,two cases.. like to hear your view

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, I got two cases with two possible scammers or golddiggers,Id like to hear your opinion wether its scam,golddiggers or what you think in general.

The first,a man Ive known one year,but already after one month romance blossom online. He told me he lost his job in the it business in Uk, since he worked on contract and it ran out,he didnt get it reniewed.
He didnt ask me for money otherwise he wanted me to save as much as I could, in order to move together at some point. He did mention joint account briefly in one sentence but nothing ever happened.
All the time I heard his financial problems. No requests.
When it was time for me to visit him he told me take all the money with me,in cash,which he burnt on a expensive phone,that Ive promised him as a gift,because his own phone didnt work. It was stupid but it was only a gift and not meant to continue. He did got obsessed with that new phone after a while but when I wanted to come, he told me to save more money first. So we burned the money on clothes-for me-and his phone.

He got mad with me for some other stuff and we didnt talk that much afterwards, but he did kept the money that was over after our trip.
He wrote me once in a while about his problems financially and to find a job,thats what he just recently did now. After all Ive known the man in one year so I said if he wants to come over here instead,maybe he could look for job here since the sit is better here. He said we talk later.

Now is this gold digger,scam,or what?

The other case.

Weve talked briefly online and kinda observed eachother talking to others, and he told me how much he use to sacrifice himself to help others in expense of himself,and I made some comment it could happen for me as well. Then,next email,boom! He had lost a contract and was out of job emediately and financial problems. But would have money for half a year,but not after that,so to speak. Now, I know the sit is bad many places, but doesnt it sound weird to say things like this,right after I gave green light to get to know eachother better? The first thing he say,so to speak. It makes me wary.
what do you think?
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do I understand that you have actually met the first man face-to-face? Where did you go to see him? It is possible that he is an opportunist, looking for someone to be a "sponsor" so he can get a visa. But we really can't be sure without more concrete information.

The second one sounds more like your common garden-variety scammer. Do you have headers for his emails? Where does he say he's living right now?

ETA - Welcome! Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I have met the first man face-to-face over in Uk,Im from Scandinavia not far away. (one hours flight)
You dont need a Visa to get to our countries from Uk. Its free just like european Union, you only need to get a job,thats the terms.
So I mean,he could easily do that without my help,so to speak.
Everything was fine when we met exept the issues with the phone and the money there and that he chose to burn them instead of saving,but the phone is well.. on the other hand he needed one and I had promised,on the other hand he could just got someone cheap but he didnt want to. He is tech freak and wanted t h a t phone. He replaced it as soon as it arrived to him at home, and I dont know if he still got it,or not.
After what I understand,he still thinks we got something half something despites he more or less made it over, like he sounds now it seems like he wants me to save and possibly hes coming here. I dont know,what he is?
I got a message from him once in a while,and one of them he wanted me to put all my saved money into his bank account in Barclays bank in Uk.
I got the name,the account number etc. Do you think I shall contact the bank and ask them if someone with his name is on that account?
I didnt do it, and I told him Ive lost it and asked him again-just to get more information.
when we were about to meet he got mad because I wanted his adress since we didnt met, just in case. for safety and I told him he could have mine as well. He got mad but gave me an adress at last,but he was very mad. I still got the adress.. I cant find it anywhere and the little I find shows many ppl on that adress. I dont know. It was not family after what I could see but ppl in different ages.
it was very strange. That was in Heathrow, but his email ip from his latest mail goes to Feltham,far away from that.
In the beginning I got to know him it was also same,Feltham. Later it wasnt to trace. Now its back there. So what do you think?

All he would need is to look for a job here basically,he doesnt "need" anything,a visa or so. So.. what do you think?

The other one we are talking on a dating or something site for likeminded interests, so its in there,so I dont think I can trace emails there?
He is apparently living in Edmonton Alberta U.S.
working something with trucks.
He sounded so nice and I told him about how disapointed I had been in the past etc, and he was so understanding and all and he talked down on other idiots and scammers and so on. Then he asked me if I would like to get to know better and then-boom! That I find very suspicious.
well I intend to say to him Im on a very straight budget myself and only live very very small. But its true he would need a Visa.
But after what I understand he has helped "so many ppl " that he know and are very good friends so it would also be strange to ask me for something. But it IS strange to tell this right after that.It makes me mad.
The other one I really dont know about,since Ive met him. what do you think?
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi MonaLiza

Welcome to Eater's romance department.

As Titania said we really need more information to make an informed judgement on these people, but I do agree, the first seems more like a no hoper who wants to live his life sitting on his arse and getting looked after by those who are willing

The second may turn out the same way or it may be a more standard fall in love, need money desperately type scammer

Either way, you should not be financially supporting these people, if the first one was so down on his luck and so poor, why would he need an $800 phone, my phone cost me $50 and it works just fine, sure, I would like to have a $800 one but I cant afford it.

Emails and email addresses should reveal the truth here but personally, you need to be looking for a man who can support himself and who doesn't have sudden mishaps needing your urgent money, a responsible man would never be in a situation like that and why would you want anything less.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think they're both scammers...

The first one may be a gold digger, but the second is definitely a scammer. Either way they both want your money for their good lifestyle.

Just because you met one face to face doesn't matter - he asked you for an expensive gift while you were supposed to be saving - he wants you to save for expensive gifts for him (he's just saying he wants to save money to buy a ticket to see you)...

I would drop him right away - no more contact - he may beg and plead and promise to be better, but you don't want a man who places material items over your welfare.

The other ones may be using a white man's picture, but they sound awfully like a nigerian scam...one trouble after another with only you to turn to for money...

hint, they manage to make it through and don't want to talk to you about it anymore...I had one tell me his brother was in a bus accident and then died - he didn't want to talk about his brother when I enquired how he was doing & didn't want sympathy when he died, he was moving onto the next scam...

if either of them have your real life details - name, address, phone number, etc. drop them IMMEDIATELY and have no further contact with them - AT ALL

You may have to put a block on his number or change your phone number...they do get persistent

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN

Last edited by Ivana on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

that is hard for me to see through since it was in the beginning,right after he had finish his job the first one got obsessed with that phone(500 p)
His old phone constantly was problem with and I witnessed it when I was there many times. He was very hard working when he had a job and ever since then hes been running around looking for job or trying smaller jobs.
Hes it educated but tells me he cant find a job in Uk.
Told me he had to move to his parents because of his sit.
The only time he asked me to put money in was that time on the bank account. All the time the meaning with that savings was for our future.
In the beginning he talked loose about me save here and put into account over there,and asked me if we had any Uk banks here,I said no. And asked why,he said why not,you will live here soon anyway.
but when I didnt had any Uk banks here he dropped it for a long time and the incidents went on.

The other one I have very little on but since he said like he said..
what information do you need then?
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the first one is just gutter scum and best avoided but some information on both will help

The early emails and email address are the main things

It may also help to have phone numbers

Please make sure you dont post your own real name or anything about yourself, only the details of these vermin who have found you

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think youre right,Ivana.. this first Uk man didnt even talk further with me,he said he will discuss the other things later.

Its just strange,because he also seemed so normal in all of it,when I was visiting. He didnt want to come to visit me,at first,back then,oh no, and he was so specific about which hotel it had to be, if I had took another hotel,he wouldve scream. It was just an ordinary hotel in Stansted Uk.. nothing special..
we ended up anyway not having anything to do,because it was ten min from the airport and all there were shopping centres.
He even told me next time it would be London instead and took the last money for the next hotel(he did gave me some but that didnt save my but,when the flight was canceled for two days,and I got no contact what so ever from him, since I needed the money I gave him. when I got back home he was angry about some other stuff and not a sound about it)

This man do have my phone number,but its secret so he cant find me there but since he gave me his adress back then I gave him mine, for some other reasons he got my account number also,I cant remember but I had valid reasons back then,its long ago. He has never used it. And he has only the account and register numbers. Nothing more. No password or security code. He doesnt know my full name. My bank have been informed since long ago and they told me if you dont have the passwords and security code you cant really go in a bank in Uk and transfer. And they told me to check if somethings happened and they got to know.
So nothings happened.
So.. I dont know?
oh! I got his car registration number in Uk! yeah! the car he was driving.
but I couldnt get any information. what could you possibly do there?
can you trace a person where they live and family and all with that?

The other one Im disapointed with since he was acting so nice at first. but at least hes got no information about me.
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have checked on whatismyipadress.com with the first guys email,it shows clearly Feltham in Uk,but hes told me hes living in Heathrow,that is the adress I have. Now hes apparently back in Feltham,the ip adress he was writing to me many times,at first for a long while. can you do more with that? since I know already its Feltham?
His phone is secret,anonymous. at least I havent been able to find him anywhere. what can you do there?
its strange because he didnt looked like or acted like scum when I met him.
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have his account number and names in barclays bank.. and his car reg number.. and the adress in Heathrow.. I suppose the two first would clear up about his family and adress,but how do I do that?
his phone number is very likely dead beat.
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh and I also have an adress on a house he claims he own and its rented out,what I have been told. Thats in Farnborough.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
he didnt looked like or acted like scum when I met him.

He did to me, he insisted that you needed to save your money and then had you pay all expenses and buy him a phone.

I dont think he is the usual scammer we deal with but he is trouble, steer well clear.

The best thing for us to have is email addresses and early emails from each of them, then we can give you more information

monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont have the early emails from him since my computer from that time crash, but I did a search and it was from Feltham,a loong time,then it changed to nothing,untracable,and now back in Feltham. what could you come up with other than that?
The other one is on a dating/forum site.
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just told the last one that Im on a veryy strict budget and live veryy small Very Happy so he might disapear now Laughing

The other one well wondering what he might say if I tell him I lost my job Laughing
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Monaliza, we need something to go on here, can you at least give us an email address

monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

But can you trace more than city Feltham? Im scared to death I will have probs with him
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We cant trace anything because you have given us nothing to trace.

If you are worried he will find you and harm you please feel free to send it to me in a Private Message.

I still maintain the fist one is best to steer clear of but not a scammer as such.

monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes since he knows my real adress and bank etc and others I need to be careful,I dont want to get trouble with him,in any way,he is very suspicious person and the first person,if somebody calls him and they dont get through or calls more than one time,I was to blame before,and so will happen with emails,requests etc.
I tried mail you but it wont work,I guess because Im not payed member or something?
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

what will you do,if you get his email? can you trace car reg and bank as well? adresses?
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Monaliza
I am beginning to wonder if you are playing with us, actually I wondered that earlier but given the benefit of the doubt.

An email address will not reveal car registration numbers, address or bank acount numbers, nor will it tell us what he looks like or what he ate for breakfast.

We can however do some searches to see if anybody else has complained about him.

If you do not wish to give any more information, we can be of no more help to you

LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first guy in monaliza's post sounds exactly like the lowlife that lured me away from my home to another state. He's too lazy to work and take care of himself, so he's looking for someone gullible to save all their money and support him and give him the toys and lifestyle that he seeks. The job that he normally does isn't thriving. He's waiting for things to pick up, to get better. But until things do (and they never will since he refuses to do anything to help himself), someone else is supposed to support him.

I'm with Murry - I'm wondering if she's playing. But if she's legit, she needs to stay away from both of these jerks.
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, you will not be able to reclaim any money you spent on the 1st one -- and nothing can be done by the law. As one of my romance scammers pointed out there it's not a crime for a guy asking his girlfriend for a gift.

So the bank account, car license, etc. are of no real use.

If you can post the HEADERS from a couple of his e-mails, and the e-mail you got from him, it would help other possible victims search for him & find him and not be taken in...phone numbers can be searched too...

And in general, when you meet a man, get his number - don't give him yours. At least at first. That's a good safety precaution.

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive sent you a pm murry
IrwinFletcher
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Edmonton, Alberta is Canada, not the US.

- let if sink into your nerves that, R3V J0HN 4BUL3 is not a cheat and God Almighty whom I serve will not let me be
monaliza
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well not beeing from either Us or Canada.. Rolling Eyes

Him I told Im on a veryy strict budget myself and live small etc.
Laughing Do you know what reply I got, that he is a courier,small parcel pick&deliver. That he would have something soon again and not really worried about it Laughing Then he just said take care,talk soon. That was almost funny if not for him trying,apparently. Talk about SHORT reply!
Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic