SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Queensland Australia action against scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI - sourced from www.thecouriermail.com.au

Esq.

====================================

NIGERIA'S financial crime watchdog has joined forces with Australian police in a world-first to catch internet mail and romance scammers.

It's estimated Queenslanders alone are swindled out of about $600,000 each month by internet scammers.

Under the joint venture, anyone receiving an email asking for money and pushing rich quick schemes can forward the letter to the Queensland police through their website, which would then be passed on to Nigeria's fraud squad.

Detective Superintendent Brian Hay said the service was available to every Australian.

He said it was a major breakthrough in the fight against internet fraud and also provides anonymity for those who are embarrassed about being a victim.

"This will give any Australian, not just any Queenslander, the opportunity to go online and dialogue directly with the Nigerian Economic Financial Crime Commission," Mr Hay said.

"This has never been done in the world before."

Nigeria's High Commissioner Sunday Agbi told reporters in Brisbane scammers were besmirching the reputation of the African country which had recently passed stricter laws governing internet fraud.

"Scams have brought a lot of slur on the image of Nigeria," Mr Agbi said.

"People should not respond to scam letters and the amount of letters coming here are reduced."

The website is www.police.qld.gov.au

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good for Queensland, shame this is not done in Europe.

One question how do you know the police in Nigeria are prosecuting?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ABC news had a report in which it was said that ten arrests of Nigerian scammers had been made (I know - drop in the bucket) and some victims had been repaid in part.

At the risk of being thought flippant - Sunday Agbi appeared in the report and made a comment about "greedy victims" - but I missed the rest as I was marvelling at the fact that he had (apparently) only about five teeth, and all of them discoloured.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Ophelia Dikki
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I read it in the paper today as well. Unfortunately, it wasn't a story inviting comments otherwise I would have asked is there a charge for the service (payment via WU of course!).

Proud member of the "Todger Club"
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Under the joint venture, anyone receiving an email asking for money and pushing rich quick schemes can forward the letter to the Queensland police through their website, which would then be passed on to Nigeria's fraud squad.
Rolling Eyes "Nigeria's fraud squad" will probably fund the project by selling the collected formats to lads.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
which had recently passed stricter laws governing internet fraud.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
anyone receiving an email asking for money and pushing rich quick schemes can forward the letter to the Queensland police through their website

The problem is, the idiots who become vics won't do this. Only people who have enough brain cells to realise it's a scam will forward the mails.

A TV ad campaign (shown at half time during State of Origin) with beaches and XXXX is much more likely to get through to Queenslanders.

Still, Brian Hay has been a tireless anti-419 campaigner, so all power to him. Thumbs up

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
create
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah /\

I was talking to an idiot victim the other week...she had been chatting with a man online for about 6 months,he sent her flowers ,presents etc and she was stupid enough to believe he loved her.He sent her a counterfeit check and she was silly enough not to read up the banking regulations concerning "clearing" and "available funds" etc!

She still believes that it was a business partner of his that scammed her so she is probably inline for another fake check.

Greedy idiot hey?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The unshakeable, trustworthy Nigeria Government Officials I'm sure wouldn't be gathering their own intel on how their, uh...err... the lads, schemes can be improved by haveing the Australian Govenment collect the info for them. Like anyone should trust a Government that wantonly allows 419 to continue while only arresting those who, no doubt, are not sanctioned or have connections in the said Government.

The best way to combat 419ers would be to put us on Gov't pay and let us get the lads so worked up through dolla chops that we can arrange meetings so they can fight (fataly harm) each other, leaving only "the chairman" as di chief 0ga!!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@create

Quote:
an idiot victim

Rather the unfortunate victim was speaking to an idiot. IMHO of course.

@Badgerbait

I like your idea, we could target one internet cafe at a time with that nice LOUD 'sniperkillsinsurgent' clip someone told us about, but I don't know how to post the link.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Tigbitties
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think there are many reasons why people fall victim to these crimes, including naivety or simply being too trusting of their newly found friend on the internet. I don’t think it helps to lump them all together and brand them as greedy or idiots. If a victim finds their way to this site, I’d be happier if they read supportive comments and signposts on where to get the best advice. Let’s keep our scorn for the scum who make their squalid living from the misery of others.

Click here for Singing Lads and listen to the back catalogue for talented lads singing. Includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Postman Pat, The Lumberjack Song, Nellie the Elephant, Old Macdonald Had a Farm, Money - That's what I Want and many more.
Black Dog
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<----- Queenslander here

SafariVcameraTattooTattoo Lagos > Accra - Smith "i have to sell my shoe"
SafariTattoo Lagos > Accra - Stanley "I SLEPT IN THE CAR AND WAS BITES BY SO MUCH MOSQUETO AND I AM NOW FILLING SICK"
SafariSafari Accra > Lagos - Dr Omo "have not eaten and bath even my tooth is dirty"

Random lad pain:
Safari X14 more & TattooGoatSand Timer

Team Mr Bigg's
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic