SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do I have to disclose cat urine when selling my house?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
riskyfreedeal
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a follow-up to my post below...

We are trying to sell our house. Over the past couple of years, our cats have at times urinated in the basement. I have sealed the cement parts of the floor and cleaned the carpets thoroughly. Some smell urine faintly, some don't. I'm afraid if I even bring up cat urine, prospective buyers will run the other way. How far do I have to go, if at all, to disclose the extent of the problem? My state's disclosure form doesn't ask any questions about pets, etc.

"It will be administered in acordance with strict rules and regulations known as "Rules of Incestacy." - Ian R33d

"LOOK MR MAN, WE DON'T HAVE ANY BUSINESS TO DO WITH MR. G0MER WHAT KIND OF HUMANBEN ARE YOU THAT WILL BE SO KEALESS AS YOU ARE."

"FOR CHRIST SAKE WE NEVER ASK YOU TO MAKE ANY TRANSACTION VIA WESTERN UNION S3CURE SH1ELD!"

"You are making the whole thing hard for your self"

"You call me for any other moral Discusion"

Closed lad accounts x5
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never bring up the subject of cat urine. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
riskyfreedeal
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Had the same problem? I don't have a problem telling the truth if asked, but I don't want to offer it. I also don't want to be sued later on down the line.

"It will be administered in acordance with strict rules and regulations known as "Rules of Incestacy." - Ian R33d

"LOOK MR MAN, WE DON'T HAVE ANY BUSINESS TO DO WITH MR. G0MER WHAT KIND OF HUMANBEN ARE YOU THAT WILL BE SO KEALESS AS YOU ARE."

"FOR CHRIST SAKE WE NEVER ASK YOU TO MAKE ANY TRANSACTION VIA WESTERN UNION S3CURE SH1ELD!"

"You are making the whole thing hard for your self"

"You call me for any other moral Discusion"

Closed lad accounts x5
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You might be able to get rid of the smell completely, depending on how much there is. That way, you don't have to disclose anything because it's taken care of.

If you dissolve baking soda into hydrogen peroxide until it's a saturated solution, then add one dot of dish soap (use immediately) and completely saturate the afflicted area, the smell goes away. The peroxide will bleach out some fabrics though, so test it first. I've used it on a carpet and it didn't bleach it.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our first home was owned by a dog person. Apparently it went in the basement. A LOT. We didn't notice it in the initial walkthrough as it had been a dry summer, and the basement was dry.

After buying, it rained and got a little more humid. About killed us.

I called ChemDry and they came out and applied a product that neutrailzed the oder. Never had an issue with it that afterwords.

Might contact a cleaning company and see what they can do and for what price.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm...I know a great flooring compnay if the household remedies don't work. Tile and hardwood flooring do wonders.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Still got to neutrilize the ammonia from the pee. BEFORE you tile/carpet.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am selling my place in California and I had to fill out a disclosure form.

It did ask about cat urine.

Also whether someone had died in the place in the past three years.

Smile

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you don't do as has been suggested above to get rid of the smell, cat urine pretty much discloses itself sooner or later. Wink

Better a few dollars spent to neutralize now than several thousand lost to litigation later.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of states do have a requirement to disclose hauntings as well.

@ Tastysnack - depends on your mud. If you seal the floor solid it shouldn't come through, but if it is ever replaced...

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Buy a bottle of Urine Gone and be done with it.

https://www.urinegone.com/

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As someone who got stuck with a house which cats used the heating vents (floor type) as urnals, do get rid of the smell before you sell, or tell the prospective buyer. We were (parden the pun) very pissed when we discovered the problem and it's location. Sadly, the smell of cigarettes covered the cat smell, until we rid the place of all of the smoke issues. Evil or Very Mad

I will have to look back and see if the seller disclosed the cat issue her (in CA). It was a rental, so they may have marked "don't know"... Confused

For me, cats + pee in the house = an outside cat

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The smell isn't the worst of it.

If you let your cats outsde then they most likely have cat fleas. The fleas don't bother humans as long as there are cats about, but once the cats leave it seems that a nice pair of hairy man legs are the next best thing. It was great going to the gym looking like I had bubonic plague.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ They like non-hairy woman legs, too. Wink

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Ouch!

I've never had a cat and never lived in a home with this problem.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try scrubbing with white vinegar.
It shifts just about everything and dries odourless.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^White vinegar is great stuff. Neutralizing odors, soaking feet in it diluted w/water kills athletes foot, soaking tools in it takes the rust off, kills mold, etc. etc. And it's dirt cheap Very Happy

Baking soda's good for a ton of things too!

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah... Gomer click

Yeah.. but for the record. My cat neither has fleas nor pees on the floor. She is very good about using her box and her box has a top. She's a proper lady.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just blame the smell on the wife Twisted Evil Laughing

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic