SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question for you folks

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
antiscammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I discovered an interesting situation and would like your input. There is a woman who is in love with a "Jack" who is supposedly illiterate. She claims that someone who you've already identified as a scammer, "Eddie," writes his emails for him. She actually visited Gambia recently, however, and did not meet this fine individual though she met "Jack." What are the odds "Eddie" even exists? If he does exist what are the odds that the person he is helping read/write isn't a scammer as well? I'm just curious what you guys think.
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack might need Eddie as an excuse for why money is needed ("Eddie needs it, for this-and-that"), so Jack stays a nice and decent guy while in fact he is the one demanding money all the time and Eddie is an invention.
Do they have identical IPs? Without any information, the above is only a wild guess...
Often scammers say their "child" or "mother" needs the money for hospital / school fees etc.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
antiscammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FrumpyBB wrote:

Do they have identical IPs? .

I am still in the process of gleaning more details. I didn't think of the IP angle but I will attempt to discover that. I just was curious what you experienced folks thought of the whole situation. It seems rather fishy to me.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's your relationship to the woman, AS? It sounds like you know her - is she a friend, a relation, etc? Lots of people visit The Gambia for perfectly innocent and enjoyable holidays, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
What's your relationship to the woman, AS? It sounds like you know her - is she a friend, a relation, etc? Lots of people visit The Gambia for perfectly innocent and enjoyable holidays, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

I don't know her personally, I just know she is apparently dating someone who is "friends" with a scammer. I noticed that she added the scammer to facebook so I began to do some digging. It just makes me wonder if the scammer doesn't even exist and her boyfriend or whatever is behind the scam as she didn't once see the scammer and they are supposedly good friends.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Something does certainly smell somewhat fishy about this, but if you don't know her, there's not really a lot you can do. Out of interest, how did you find out about it all if she's unknown to you?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Something does certainly smell somewhat fishy about this, but if you don't know her, there's not really a lot you can do. Out of interest, how did you find out about it all if she's unknown to you?

My prey is "Eddie" the scammer and I noticed he added her so I began to chat with her and eventually convinced her Eddie was a scammer. She revealed he has asked her for money which she did not provide. She also mentioned how she went to Gambia to visit Jack but she did not see Eddie though he supposedly helps Jack read and write. As I've never read about a situation like this I wanted to solicit feedback to best determine how I want to proceed.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To be honest, I'm not sure there's a lot you can do - you've told her of your concerns, and she insists she hasn't handed over any cash. She's also had a holiday, and I assume made it home intact. It may be that her Gambian friend is shy/uses multiple names/who knows what? Maybe Jack = Eddie, but how do we know Jack/Eddie is a even 419'er? Maybe he's a genuine lad hoping to find a foreign girlfriend (which is quite common)? If the girl means nothing to you, and you've warned her of your worries, and she's discounted them - walk away. Just walk away.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That´s right.
Or ask her to register on Eater if she is really concerned.
Or send her the link to this very thread.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We've been this route before with our friend antiscammer

As we said last time, First Ascertain it is in fact a scammer, Post a copy of the e-mails, and the e-mail header. And any links you have to other sites, that list your new found friend.

If your not prepared to do that, don't waste other peoples time.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
antiscammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

weareborg wrote:
We've been this route before with our friend antiscammer

As we said last time, First Ascertain it is in fact a scammer, Post a copy of the e-mails, and the e-mail header. And any links you have to other sites, that list your new found friend.

If your not prepared to do that, don't waste other peoples time.

The original person has already been proven to be a scammer. I just wanted to know what people think of this situation and what could be happening.
MayDay
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Send some details,we need more informations,otherwise it´s too difficult to find this person.
Headers will be ok,we can use them. Confused

Every day, we are assaulted by stories of stupid people -- many of whom use their stupidity for personal gain. From time to time, though, we hear of those who strive to achieve new levels of stupidity
--------------------------------------------
^^^^Are you there God? It’s me, MayDay, I’m from Bank of America. I’ve just received this check endorsed to you and I’m going to need to verify your signature. Can you give me a social security number and date of birth, please?
Thank you God!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic