SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

US vs UK drinking culture?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys(or ladies as it may be),may I respectfully suggest that we keep firearms out of this thread.The original post is about drunkeness.If we start too veer to far off the original post,it will only get locked and stifle further discussion about a possibly interesting topic.And no,I am not some kind of PC animal.I have a good sized collection,and am a staunch supporter of the 2nd.But this isn't the time or the place.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Corona wrote:
I'm in the USofA, I only drink when I'm on this forum and I have a weapon. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, and I love Jesus! Very Happy

That's one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time... Laughing

guy nawaaa for you oooh
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

doc holliday wrote:
Guys(or ladies as it may be),may I respectfully suggest that we keep firearms out of this thread. ...
Just a friendly reminder, folks. Please don't stray too far from the topic Smile

SmokinKrabbs
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With regards to drunkedness, I'm originally from the UK, visited the US many times and lived in Canada for a long time. I would rather put up with all the alcohol rubbish then all the gang infestation that is in the community 5 minutes away from where I live. ugh!!

<a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/main/fx_images/SmokinKrabbs_a569b695c888.jpg">[Very First Trophy... I'm so proud!]</a>
"Oh my... that's a big one!!!"
No one knew what she was looking at, but she never took her eyes off it. (Fatespinner)

Blessed Be and Squishy O's

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Dabillder
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a drinker myself, and a US resident, I can honestly say I dont like the bar scene here in the states. Too many people get drunk and wanna fight, I just want to have fun and hang out. I went to school with 2 guys from the UK and I know they could drink me under the table even when they are already hung over. One of my friends from the UK said beer over there is much stronger and our beer tastes watered down.

look Bob i want you to quit from this transaction you are a complite fool. Don't ever mail me again --Rita Egobia

i have a question for you. Is there any alternative of helping me without me leaving my wife ? please i love her very much. -- Victor Kwasigha

I want to assur you that first time i will set my eyes on you..I will hug you...and give you.. a.. terible kiss

I am sorry I don't have naked picture also my name is not mugu -- Anne Mugan

if he hurt you i am going to keep his ass as soon as i arrive to the US. -- good ole Victor Kwasigha

Closed lad accounts - one lonesome piggy
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

British and alcohol been intertwined for a LONG time. Look at Hogarth's work. Read about Wellington's army. Nelson's navy. Its not a recent thing. But I think the OP was a bit harsh. I live in London and there's a big bar culture in west end and elswhere. I'm no shrinking violet but can honestly say I've only seen one bar fight in at least four years. And that was down to a son taking understandable offence to his mother being beaten by her new bloke.

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
Dabillder
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I usually drink at home or a friends house, of the probably 10 times Ive been to bars I have seen at least 6 fights/arguements. Its really sad that people cant have a good time without fighting, at least thats how it seems here alot of the time.

look Bob i want you to quit from this transaction you are a complite fool. Don't ever mail me again --Rita Egobia

i have a question for you. Is there any alternative of helping me without me leaving my wife ? please i love her very much. -- Victor Kwasigha

I want to assur you that first time i will set my eyes on you..I will hug you...and give you.. a.. terible kiss

I am sorry I don't have naked picture also my name is not mugu -- Anne Mugan

if he hurt you i am going to keep his ass as soon as i arrive to the US. -- good ole Victor Kwasigha

Closed lad accounts - one lonesome piggy
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I find it strange that you can fight and die for America aged 18, but are too imature to drink till you are 21

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I work/live in a pretty big university town here in the US. Actually rated by some magazines as top 10 party school. I have seen what happens Thurs, Fri and Sat nights. We get drunks walking out into traffice in front of drunks behind the wheel. The police force is actually recommending to not renew alcohol licenses to bars who fail a formula for allowing underage people to drink. There have been 2 bars shut down in the last 3 months all ready. Unfortunately, all the bars have to do is "sell" to a partner and apply in the other name, and viola, a license....

I have also seen Edinburgh on a Saturday night. Much different than our down town here. Maybe because it is so spread out.... It seemed more organized that the chaos that we have.
Just my .00002 cents
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I was in the UK 25 years ago, the pubs closed at 2pm and 11pm. Now they are around the clock; maybe that is where the rot started.

regardless, it's a shame because the british pub scene used to be really nice.

Now in NZ it is gangs and drunks. 25 years ago a tourist losing her handbag got in the news. Today the top four stories involve murder, murder, gangs and drugs, and assault. Luckily they are pretty slack on the gun laws so I can fend them off if they come a-knocking. And I used to be a gun control advocate..

Purple Flower
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in the UK and think there is more drunkeness in night clubs than pubs.

Young people in nightclubs have also to beware of getting their drinks spiked and on the streets fights are mostly from night club goers.

In so many places you don't go out near night club venues after dark.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Alan B'Stard
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I rather suspect Rorschach has it right - we British (as a race) have had an unhealthy relationship with alcohol for centuries. I wouldn't be surprised to find a 'drunkenness gene' in our DNA. Make alcohol cheap and readily available, and a lot of Britons will take advantage.

'Go to hell..baboom' W@ll@ J0nes
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Alan B'Stard

Speak for your self ladies and gentlemen have alwyas been able to hold their liquor, and some.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

alot of younger drinkers get `tiddled` before leaving the house at 5pm on a friday /saturday night.
they ger merry and `topup` at expensive clubs.
i lived in shared house for a few years. and it shocked me how much the human body can endure.

i lived with a nurse. who alcohol poisoned herself. she was caught at work in a store cupboard with a saline drip.

i rarely drink to get drunk, and havent been `hammered` this year.
for me a great time is port, £10 of walnuts, and some cheese.

crackin` !

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
Alan B'Stard
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

devil_woman wrote:
@ Alan B'Stard

Speak for your self ladies and gentlemen have alwyas been able to hold their liquor, and some.

Not sure it's a question of 'holding one's liquor', us Brits have a long and inglorious reputation for excessive aclohol consumption, dating back centuries. We would get tanked up then go off and win a war or battle somewhere. Wouldn't surprise me to find that there's a gene somewhere in our DNA that pre-disposes us to get hammered when the opportunity arises.

'Go to hell..baboom' W@ll@ J0nes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic