SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

THAT was close..

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
philcox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

have a mate who owns a company, he was letteing me use his fax machine to recieve faxes from mugus.. anyway all went quiet both fax end and email end then before i know it, i have a bunch of "forgien sounding" people asking for "phil mecrackin" ringing the companys ACTUAL number instead of the fax number....persistant buggers too... they were ringing every 5 minutes for an hour. After the worker there told them they had the wrong number, the next day a coloured man came to visit, asking for phil.... Confused Again the people there didn't know anything about it... My mate just let me know... that was about 3 weeks go and we have heard nothing since.

we did a 1471 on the line to get the previous caller.. and it was a london number.

Fortunatly the bait has died down, (i died) but that was a bit too close for comfort...
RedFox
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if i were you i would buy a gun Confused

Al Faqya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yikes! That's a bit too close for comfort. The Mugu Expiditionary Force is not to be taken lightly it seems.
Charlie Fake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it happens again, I'd have a word with the police about this.
xcaluber
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Must have been headed by usman bello ...

You can feel extremely lucky!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Forgo our heroic members suggestion about the gun and phone the police if they come around again. They can be cited for trespassing, and harassment if they continue with their phone calls and visits. Might be a good opportunity to land a lad in jail where he belongs. Smile

Biggum
dangaz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I find it better to stick to emails, and if they need to fax or call, use an anonymous number from k7 or similar, if you need to send them something, some of these anonymous systems will send faxes for you, but it's probably better to just use email attachments anyway.

Just seems better than anything that you can be traced back to.

The fact, state, or quality of being modal.
--
Modalities - The ceremonial forms, protocols, or conditions that surround formal agreements or negotiations: "[He] grew so enthusiastic about our prospects that he began to speculate on the modalities of signing"
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Oz_Baiter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this is a timely reminder for everyone to think a little bit about what info they give the lads.

stick to email, k7 fax and voicemail and please forget about trying to take money... leave that to the experienced and well setup baiters.

Last edited by Oz_Baiter on Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
philcox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i thought about the police, i still have the number, i phoned direct enquiries who told me the location of where it was coming from, when they said london i froze, then changed my underwear shortly after. - i have used the guys fax machine before quite successfully in my baits, and have a mobile phone for them to ring me on (one off the street as it were) but for some reason they got wise, i guess it's just a case of me baiting the wrong guy... i'll sort myself out for a K7 thingy i think..
Mountain Cat 1M
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Goes to show they are not always dumb...to be able to find the telephone number of your friend's company using only a fax number. Yikes.

- "I have send the tie with the address you gave me through Fedex courrier service. Infact i even add it one more to make it two"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
.. i'll sort myself out for a K7 thingy i think..

I think that would be a very good idea. Wink Smile

Quote:
Goes to show they are not always dumb...

The lower level lads are idiots, the Ogas (bosses) are not. They are sly and can figure a lot of things out. They don't reap millions a year because they are stupid. Smile

Biggum
philcox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just tried googling the number, comes up with the website straight away, with the companies address and phone number, it's a fairly plain number, i guess all you got to do is phone it and wait for the person on the other end to confirm the company name Crying or Very sad
1337Poster
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Never waste paper, use efax.com, for telephone calls, buy a cheapo mobile off ebay or a trading newspaper (you dont even need any credit to receive calls).
mirakl
Super Master Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a cheapy SIM card and put it in an old mobile, it's great, you dont even have to register the correct address so it's completely untracable.

10 dried ancho chiles, 6 dried pasilla negro (or negro) chiles, 4 dried guajillo or mulato chiles, 6 T black raisins, 1/2 cup almonds, 6 T raw sesame seeds, 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds, 1 slice French bread, 1 corn tortilla, One 3-inch piece of Mexican Canela (soft-bark cinnamon)
OR 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon, 6 whole cloves, 1 t black peppercorns, 1 1/2 t dried oregano, 1 round of Ibarra Mexican Chocolate (3.1 oz.)
Angus McOatupp
King of Modalities

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ho weasy is it to trace a registered mobile?
If I give out my Orange mobile, how easy could a clever Nigerian discover my name and address?

Or can they triangulate the signal, and knock on my door even if its unregistered!!!?

<a href="ref.php?url=http://www.geocities.com/angusmcoatupp"> Angus McOatupp's Racket Busters </a>
Mortar x 3
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
homerjay
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

try www.pumaone.com

its a pretty good free fax receiving service. you can even set your PC to send faxes and have the header as the one you have from puma one. DONT FORGET TO DIAL 141 BEFORE YOU SEND THE FAX THO!!!!!

No disrespect mate, but its a bit foolish to use a friends business fax where it obviously has their company name on the header!!!!!

business. Though I am very rich, I was never
generous
kanshi_ng
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Angus - triangulating a mobile needs a lot of expensive electronic gear, so that's likely to be outside of a lads capabilities. That said - if they have it and know how to use it, don't delude yourself, they can trace you to an accuracy of about 5 feet.

Technically, mobile companies are bounbd by law to respect the data that they hold. However, social engineering is effective, and it is entirely possible for someone to talk their way into getting any information that is moinitored by a human being. (And yes - you're info is part of your profile on Oranges computers, and every operator looks at it when you call them.)

Play it safe - shell out for a cheap sim card, and don't worry about the triangulation too much!

"I've got a black cat's bone
I've got a mojo tooth
I've got a John the Conqueroo
I'm gonna mess with you"
Mortar x7
Jezabelle
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So as far as I can tell there is no equivelant to a anonymous sim card in the US?

It must cost these mugus something to leave message after K7 message. If I could keep them on the line to run up a bill that might be something.

However I am only looking to do things that are 99.9% safe. (I know there is no 100% guarantee with any of this).

Any thoughts? And no way am I standing outside waiting at a payphone---besides most here dont allow incoming calls I believe.

Kisses

Jezabelle
pfiesty
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jezabelle wrote:
So as far as I can tell there is no equivelant to a anonymous sim card in the US?
I am only looking to do things that are 99.9% safe. (I know there is no 100% guarantee with any of this).

Prepaid cell phones?

I've got one that's through a major company (Cingular), hence my real name and address are in their records. However, since they don't need to do a credit check or mail you bills, I don't think it would be a problem to make stuff up.

EDIT: I wouldn't advocate this unless you actually need a cell phone, since you would need to buy a phone and pay signup fees and so on. Also, the rates suck if you use a lot of minutes per month.

Many... Togo Switzerland Hong Kong Czech Republic United Kingdom South Africa Flag Monaco Belize Nigeria Isle Of Man Bahamas, The Netherlands Canada St Kitts and Nevis Ivory Coast United States :flag_bb: :flag_iq: Jolly Roger Mugu Reseller

29: Cellphone Learn how to make a PhoneLad crying Exclamation
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's pretty scary. That's why I never give out any info that will link me to my baits. I was about scam these mugus for money, but Im going to back down after reading this. People should leave the money baits to experienced baiters. Always do a little research before baiting. Steps like running an IP check on the header to see where the mugu is located goes a long way. Cool

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Angus McOatupp
King of Modalities

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was only kidding bout the triangulation! Cheers for info though.
I suppose its a percentage game, 99.9% of baited mugus wont bother tracking you down and having you snipped. But that 0.01% will. Especially if they move to the UK, and happen to have triangulation equipment.

<a href="ref.php?url=http://www.geocities.com/angusmcoatupp"> Angus McOatupp's Racket Busters </a>
Mortar x 3
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
stubbywinkle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a tracfone I picked up at wallmart for $34.95. The airtime cards are $19.99 for 40 minutes and activate the phone for 60 days. If you let the activation lapse you just reactivate with another air card and get a new number. The one I have is actually a cingular number. I doubt it is tracible because I have used the ringtone download about a dozen times and have no idea where the $1.99 charge per was sent too Smile
dafad_ddu
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use http://www.flextel.co.uk, they have a few free numbers available every day. I route it to my mobile if I'm expecting a mugu phone call, at other times I leave it routed to a payphone.

"The night before I sent you that first mail, an angel of God appeared to me in my dream and advised me to stop worrying myself over how I can get this money out from Africa because God has already chosen someone to help me do so.The angel then wrote your names and contact address for me on a black board and asked me to contact you" (Mugu Tonnie)

Dafad Ddu (pronounced davad thee) = Black Sheep
Jezabelle
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw the TracPhone. They are having a special $30.00 for a phone AND 100 minutes. That might be worth it but I cant tell what personal info they look for to activate the phone. Can you shed some light?

Thanks
philcox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i got some of you guys to do a trace and they all came back nigerian, my only guess is that they had london links, or even part of a massive gang. i dunno all guesses for now. hasn't stopped me though!!! i'm all set up with a fake fax and ready to go.... time to make a a new email address and rebait....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic