SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad arrested in India

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
soylent green
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A lad by the name of Shaba Abdul Razak has been arrested in Kannur, Kerala, India. He is said to be a Nigerian national.

News: http://www.hindu.com/holnus/004200908081301.htm

Quote:
Regional
Nigerian national arrested in email fraud case

Special Correspondent

KANNUR: A Nigerian national was arrested here on Saturday in connection with an investigation into a case of email fraud that cost its victim here huge sum of money.

The 34-year-old Nigerian, identified as Shaba Abdul Razak, was arrested by the police here at the end of a month-long probe into what is commonly referred to as '419 scam' or Nigerian email scam following a complaint from its victim hailing from Valapattanam here.

Disclosing the arrest of the Nigerian national, Inspector General of Police (Kannur Range) Tomin J. Thachankary said that the arrest followed an elaborate investigation with the co-operation of police officials in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry. The investigation also revealed that more people had fallen prey to the fraud by Nigerian racket in which the arrested was a member, he said adding that the racket had fraudulently extracted an estimated Rs. 3crore from its victims who hail from these States.

So if any of you have emails with IP India send them over to the LEOs so that this guy does not walk free due to lack of evidence.

Rs. 3 crore is 3,00,00,000 = 600,000 $ approx.

eta: updated story: http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200908081410.htm
Black Dog
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

can anyone here claim that scalp???

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

SafariVcameraTattooTattoo Lagos > Accra - Smith "i have to sell my shoe"
SafariTattoo Lagos > Accra - Stanley "I SLEPT IN THE CAR AND WAS BITES BY SO MUCH MOSQUETO AND I AM NOW FILLING SICK"
SafariSafari Accra > Lagos - Dr Omo "have not eaten and bath even my tooth is dirty"

Random lad pain:
Safari X14 more & TattooGoatSand Timer

Team Mr Bigg's
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The IG said that Shareef had sent total 80,000 euro

I don't think this scammer's going to have a happy time in India. Normally the scammers are a lot more careful to distance themselves from any chance of getting caught. I presume that the fact that he had got such a large amount already, and his greed, got the better of him.

The wheels of justice in India grind exceedingly slow (but very effectively in this case) so he'll have a lot of time in jail, and that's before he gets sentenced. Very Happy

Quote:
He also said that many Nigerians living in Mumbai and New Delhi were suspected to have been members of the fraudster racket. They also use their Indian associates to open bank accounts. As soon as they reached India, they use fake passports and ID cards, he added.

That's true. Nigerian scammers in India, when they offer bank accounts, invariably offer ones with Indian names, which is why it's important to report them, as it cuts down scammers ability to do their work.

Anyway, it's nice to hear of one getting his just desserts. Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
soylent green
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
He is involved in cyber crimes in six more states and those who have been cheated by the Nigerian includes a district judge from Andhra Pradesh. Mr Thachankery added that many including the distict judge has stayed away from registering an official complaint and the depth of the crime would be high considering these factors.

This is from http://www.asianetglobal.com/ShowNews.aspx?NwsID=3100

Most people who got cheated are reluctant to confess that they had that much money to spare. An investigation into the source of that income would snarl them up as well.

The person who complained was working outside India and probably invested his entire savings and that of his friends and could legally account for the cash.

=
O
<|\/
|\
// s.t.
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He certainly chose India's most beautiful state to reside. Kerala is fabulous.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kerala is probably better experienced outside jail though. Very Happy

One recent report of a Westerner's experience of an Indian jail.

Quote:
"In the first three months of his incarceration, he lost 30 kilos. He suffered a prison riot, he [saw] this one murder. He's been contaminated by the water. He suffered food poisoning. He slept on the floor; he suffered rats and scorpions all around, sewage, he suffered a lot.

Sounds like the holidays I used to enjoy the most. Very Happy

If you read this link you'll understand that a spell in an Indian jail is something to avoid at all costs. If you're a foreigner found guilty of defrauding Indians I imagine it would be a very unpleasant experience.

http://www.hrdc.net/sahrdc/hrfeatures/HRF142.htm

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
stereomonkey
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got a bait going where the IP is from Delhi,

is this worth reporting?
I wouldn't even know how to go about it...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic