SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A REAL email from PayPal!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I saw I had an email from PayPal, I thought, "Yeah, right - another phishing attempt." But, imagine my surprise when I opened it and found a message from [email protected]. Of course, I had to go through the process of telling Hotmail to go ahead and open this "possibly unsafe" email - which I've never had to do with the spoofed PayPal emails. Confused

Just so everybody knows - the real PayPal addressed the email to me by name (well, first initial and last name), and it was my email address in the To: line. And there wasn't a link to be found in the whole thing - which was a long reiteration of their privacy policy. They didn't ask for my information, either. Wink

So, PayPal does send out emails to their members, even when a transaction is not in progress, but they don't look much like the ones the lads send out. Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
MilkyWhite
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, I think that the paypal address in the UK has just been changed, recent email (legitimate) from paypal have found thier way into my spam box.
Phisher Price
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup it has changed, here is the email.

Quote:
We're changing our email address - please update your address book.

So that you continue to receive all the latest news, updates and exclusive offers from PayPal, we wanted to let you know that we're changing our email address from [email protected] to [email protected]

To make sure that you keep receiving important PayPal notifications, please update your address book or contact list with our new email address: [email protected]

How do I know if an email is really from PayPal?

Emails from PayPal always only come from a paypal.co.uk

address. We will also only address you by your first name and last name. You can report any suspicious emails to [email protected]

If you have any concerns about this email, please contact PayPal Customer Services.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Nurse Nastys Audi TT

Join the most elite club in town and find a business partner: http://www.emillions.net.tc - spread the word Wink
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been known to inform them of suspicious emails to their spoof@ address and got a reply telling me that it wasn't a phishing attempt
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've received Email's from Paypay before. Not too often but it has happened. The first thing I learned is paypal addresses you by your name and not "Dear Customer" and no, they don't ask you for information.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My bank also addresses me by name when it emails me once in a while. Besides a three step log in process for my online banking I now have a swipe card machine that I have to enter my pin number into to confirm online transactions with my bank. I like it!

So come on Paypal send me a gadget! Rolling Eyes
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Paypay Hell-
I got one of those and opened it up and it said my Paypal account was locked. Yeah, right. It turned out to be true. I had been on one website and purchased three items. Since shipping was free, I just used the back button on the mouse to do the Paypal thing repeatedly. It turns out that three transactions in under a minute sets off alarms. The last two were canceled and my account was frozen. The reason for three transactions was I did not want two items to wait if one item was on back order. The Paypay screen said to use another credit card, but that got frozen too. I tried variations of my address but that was a no go also. Some places only take Paypal now and so I had to suffer through a three month process of getting the offshore business to write Paypal a note on what happened and them verification of my account. I had to write to the business get ignored, rinse and repeat and got them to write a letter only after posting the story on their forum. To verify my account Paypal sent me a letter that had me phone in and punch in a code on the telephone twice. Something happened and their computer did not receive the tones correctly so I had to start again. During this time I had to FAX credit card information to businesses that would normally only take Paypal.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic