SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this how little we think of disabled

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was at work yesterday, Going between two stations on a local stopper (Thanks to schedualing who put me on a service arriving in Liverpool and one departing from Manchester) I was messing around on my new phone I snapped these two photos.

I mean how can a luggage rack be a spot for disabled passengers?

I don't work for that TOC Wink nor would I want to the way they treat disabled passengers

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I can see it looks like somewhere to put a wheelchair. I don't really see the problem. Where else can you put one on a train? What were you expecting a 5 star gold plated carriage??

The able bodied have to put up with just the same standards... Shocked

pony
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks to me like the lower photo has a place to put a wheelchair... but not the person using it, unless they have no head...

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Goldry Bluszco wrote:
From what I can see it looks like somewhere to put a wheelchair. I don't really see the problem. Where else can you put one on a train? What were you expecting a 5 star gold plated carriage??

The able bodied have to put up with just the same standards... Shocked

I work for another TOC, There are minium requirements laid out by ATOC this does not meet them. it states each train is to have room onboard the service for a wheel chair passenger, and onboard that service the luggage rack was that such space.

I don't expect gold plated carriages (3 other TOCS that operate from Manchester can operate a better rolling stock which meets all requirments)

You say able bodied people face the same least you can stand Wink

My MoneyGram form

HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps if they wheeled in feet first and then lent back a bit, so their head wasn't in contact with the luggage rack.

They might just fit! They'd have to have bloody good brakes to ensure they didn't head butt it.

Jay, agree with you, it's appaulling. I was a ski buddy for a guy who represents GB in the Paralympics (hopefully in the winter olympics he'll get us a Gold! Very Happy). It's not 'til you sit in a chair yourself or have to push someone in one that you realise how wheelchair unfriendly the UK can be.

Don't get me started on Kings Cross ticket hall (yes the new one). Whilst in France/Italy we got better service and attention than here. People were much more willing to help and more understanding.
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I am giving assistance as train manager, I have no quarms removing passengers from disabled spots (compared to the 0 on that train - mind you theres a minium of 2 required spaces the trains I work on has 4 in each carriage) if they are not disabled, It is designated priority under law, Ive never been in a chair, But I treat them as any other fare paying passenger, After all they are human aswell

My MoneyGram form

Free Pastor Frank
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking as a person in a wheelchair, I must say that pic looks outrageous. Evil or Very Mad

I am grateful that I live in the land of the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), where if accommodations are not to be had I can complain to someone and most likely get something done. Actually, merely invoking or quoting the ADA without getting huffy seems to work miracles - it's how I got a ramp installed outside our apartment building.

Now if we could just convince the selfish honyoks who abuse the handicap parking spaces to leave them for people who really need them, we'd be doing something. When my roommate arrived to pick me up from work the other day, both handicap slots were occupied by cars with neither placards nor special license plates. Not cool.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The ADA is the best piece of legislation to come out of Washington D.C. ever. I agree Titania! I have never seen the term "honyoks" before, origin please! Did you inform the store manager of the problem with the illegally parked vehicles? I don't know about your municipality but mine has recently done an enforcement drive on abusers. A very ruthless drive. Hopefully it will teach the "honyoks"!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Honyoks is a term my mother used to use. She would say something like "Some honyok opened his door too hard and put a little dent in our door." We'd say, "What's a honyok?" And she'd reply, "The kind of person who opens the car door too hard and puts a little dent in somebody else's door."

That's all I can tell you about them. Wink

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Titania- put the number of the front desk of the police dept on your speed dial. When you see one, give them a call, but do it discretely. Yesterday I arrived at a park where exactly 50% of the spots were temporary marked off with handicapped placards as there was a free concert that night. I had to wait about a minute for a spot to open up. When I returned 4 hours later, the concert was two hours away and two ladies were citing the car parked in front of me. I had a concerned look as last time that happened, I got a ticket for not having a front license plate. Crying or Very sad I knew that the parking meters do not charge on weekdays, only weekends but thought I may have missed a temporary restriction. They told me I was OK. I poke my head around to see the handicapped restriction and agree with the ladies that its terrible. A man next to that car comes running up and starts to give the ladies a hard time. One lady says he's OK as long as he moves the car. He continues to abuse them and I tell him "Sir, you are out of line!". He said muttered else and I told him I would love to dialog with him as his car got written up. I should have called him a honyok.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Preliminary research reveals the term to be related to honyak possibly of Baltic origin. A derogatory term for gypsies? I shall endeavor to crack this one!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.rsdb.org/search?q=hunyak

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Embarassed I'm glad I didn't.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Shrek the Quarter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking as a Brit wheelchair user - I'm struck by some of the very flippant responses on this thread...it shows how little some people regard this problem that the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) which requires access to all public buildings and transport is quite often openly flaunted either through ignorance or just plain idiocy.

I am not doing any of those as this is stupid and unimaginable

Mrs Van H0rn
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry if this offends anyone. But every bus you get on in London has a similar space for wheelchairs. Or for mothers with buggies.

Realistically how far do you expect any even vaguely commercial operation to go? Its a designated space. What else needed? Belts - what pattern and mounting points? Wheel chocks? Which position? Or a porter to tend to every need perhaps?

I travel twice a day on rush hour trains and buses with a small child. Its difficult. Inconvenient. Designated seats for people with handicaps or small children are only rarely given up by those who don't have them. Can't remember last time it happened actually.

I deal with it and don't waste my time b1tching and moaning about a relatively minor inconvenience. Life has harder challenges than that surely.

At the end of the day. parents with small children and wheelchair users - as well as other disabled - are a very small proportion of the public transport users. I'd love to have a nice soft seat with a triple point belt for my daughter twice a day. But I'm not a complete idiot so I know that's never going to happen.

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Having safe and accessible accommodations for those with disabilities is the LAW. Having a nice place to sit with your child is a nicety/convenience. There is a huge difference. And I think it is more than just 'a relatively minor inconvenience'. Confused

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Accommodations do not exist to make independent travel CONVENIENT for people with disabilities. They exist to make it POSSIBLE.

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can agree with the folks that support the ADA (DDA in UK) and in some instances agree with those that don't.

For any new builiding construction/public transportation construction it should absolutely be given 100% consideration and implementation. I don't have any patience for people that park in handicap spots if they are not entitled to use them either.

However, for older buildings/historic sites I think that unfortunatly it isn't either cost effective/practical to make them 100% handicap accesable. And although I empathise with those that are disabled, I don't think it fair to force them (buisiness owners) to spend large amounts of money to serve a rather limited audience. However, if they choose not to update their older facilites they of course will lose out on potential revenue.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Shrek the Quarter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rorschach wrote:
Sorry if this offends anyone. But every bus you get on in London has a similar space for wheelchairs. Or for mothers with buggies.

Realistically how far do you expect any even vaguely commercial operation to go? Its a designated space. What else needed? Belts - what pattern and mounting points? Wheel chocks? Which position? Or a porter to tend to every need perhaps?

I travel twice a day on rush hour trains and buses with a small child. Its difficult. Inconvenient. Designated seats for people with handicaps or small children are only rarely given up by those who don't have them. Can't remember last time it happened actually.

I deal with it and don't waste my time b1tching and moaning about a relatively minor inconvenience. Life has harder challenges than that surely.

At the end of the day. parents with small children and wheelchair users - as well as other disabled - are a very small proportion of the public transport users. I'd love to have a nice soft seat with a triple point belt for my daughter twice a day. But I'm not a complete idiot so I know that's never going to happen.
That's not offensive - I didn't think I was bitching - just making a point having worked in disability groups and charities etc. In practice I'm very laid back about it unless someone is objectionable but on principle I would either contact the company/transport etc to suggest improvements that could be made IF NECESSARY

I am not doing any of those as this is stupid and unimaginable

Mrs Van H0rn
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic