SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What happens to all the undelivered cheques?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Alan B'Stard
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just started baiting checklads. I'm using a false address. Just as a matter of inetrest, what does the PO do with mail it can't deliver because, well, the High Street doesn't have 456 houses on it? Or the postoce (UA5C4M) doesn't exist? Just wondering, like.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know about the UK, but here in the US if a letter is undeliverable it is returned to sender. If that's not possible, it will languish in the Dead Letters bureau for a long time until someone tosses it out.

How far will the USPS go to get the letter back to the sender? Well, a number of years ago a friend sent a check to another friend, but she dropped the envelope into the mail box with no address or return address on it. She got the envelope and check back because someone at the Post Office opened it and sent it back to the address on the check. I don't know if that's standard operational procedure, though. Opening someone else's mail is a federal offense, but it could be argued that as there was no name on the envelope it was anybody's guess as to whose mail it really was. Smile

FedEx and UPS require return addresses, so an undeliverable package would be returned to the address given by the sender.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Julian Sark
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If mail cannot be delivered it is returned to the sender. If there is no return address on it the post office will open the mail to find out who send it. In the Netherlands there is a special department which is authorized to open undeliverable mail pieces. I guess that could also be the case in other countries.

One of my job lads recently dropped me because the cheque was returned to the sender.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic