SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A thought on fighting scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rabbit of Caerbannog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, all. Newbie here, I found your website and it is quite interesting. I had a thought last night, though. Why go after the scammers so indirectly? It seems to me that a faster (and possibly more effective) method of attack would be to go after their computers, rather than the actual people. A common, if cruel, internet prank involves sending what appears to be a text file to someone, which is actually a .bat file (most random people don't know about this, so not many catch on in time). Basically, when they open it, it gives the computer all kinds of nasty orders.

A common one has your computer reset several minutes after it is opened. Worse than that, however, is that it gives your computer orders to shut down upon startup every time, so unless the victim knows enough about computers to get in and remove it themselves, they must either go through the lengthy process of re-installing their OS (and thus losing all the data on their computer) or spending several hundred dollars on a new one.

This may not seem as effective as leading them along for several months, but consider it. During those months, you are not their only victim, and they spend only a small amount of their time dealing with you. This method, though it may not last as long, wil disrupt ALL of their current attacks. It can also be done much faster, as you must only talk with them enough to convince them to open what appears to be a regular text document.

Thoughts?
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

from up there ^ 419 Eater forum rules

We do not support the sending of viruses and “trojans” to the scammers, nor attempts to hack or hijack their email accounts and/or computers. Viruses and “trojans” will be unknowingly spread to the computers of innocent people and we are only trying to make it difficult for the scammers. On top of that, the spreading of viruses and hacking attempts is an illegal activity in the UK, where this Board is located, as well as many other jurisdictions. Please do not start topics on such subjects. Such threads can and will be deleted on sight

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
Scammy Scameroo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They mostly use internet cafes- all a virus does is screw over the cafe owner. The scammer just switches machines.

"YOU ARE FUCKING DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS PEOPLE AND HUMAN BEING." - International property tycoon

"Once again reset all your email informations in other to afford your box been stolen by the men of the underworld." - Chrissy, my phished friend
<br>
Chrissy's M7CN S3cur3 World Record is currently at: 167 + 1214 + 181 + 167 + 172 + 204 + 159 + 359 + 182 + 1 = 2806 clicks!
<br>
Mexican Flag United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x 5
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is very much against our rules as stated in the FAQ's.

Standard procedure ( whatever happened to him? - last logged in Dec 08 ) is for a moderator to lock these threads, but leave them up for others to see, so CLICK!

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic