SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Advice please (Cluckin Bell)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
urban-shakedown
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just looking for a little piece of advice

I am currently setting up a new bait, I am about to tell him my main client is a company called

( I am going to get him to make some banners for me)

is a real joke site set up by rockstar Games (for the game GTA4) would that be ok giving him the link to it? (Just incase he wants to research it?)

http://www. .com/

And yes! My whole theme for my baits are around the people of Liberty city!

Mod edit, added masking to your name and url as it will show up in Google in the lad Googles it Wink - SP

EDIT
In regards to the above MOD edit.... thanks!! forgot about googlebots
McBait
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a little bit uncomfortable with the idea of involving the innocent, even a joke web site...just learning all this myself, so I don't know exactly where the line is yet.

lad can't do any harm to it, I'm sure it's a professional site with reasonably good security, but check it out yourself, is there any information, fresh vics addy's it might pass on to him?

When lad gets pissed off will he go after your client?

I'm all for the banner idea, I'd LOVE to see what morons come up with.

Can I be a client too? I want banners for my new web site. PM me if interested. I'll have to set up a few things first, but it might be fun.
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure, give him the link. I don't see it this as in ITA any more than if you said you worked at McDonald's and referred him to the McDonald's web site.

In fact, if you get him aggravated enough, maybe you'll score a MAJOR safari if he goes looking for the Cluckin' Bell headquarters. That would be awesome.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
McBait
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for clearing that up for me...I do know it could be a problem if it were redirected to one of my personal or commercial web sites. I don't have the programming or "staff" to fend off attacks.

I'd be more than happy to set up sites that ARE prepared for the lads to see. Twisted Evil
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi urban-shakedown and welcome to Eater!

Since the site is a joke site and not a real legit organization (from what you posted and what I could see on the site), I think it is perfectly ok to give it to your lad. We have plenty of those type of baiter sites around, especially for those who donate and become Premium Members!

For future reference Main, Gen Chat, Love/Dating, Misc. Scams, and Surplus are googleable. However, the other fora are not. You don't have to worry about masking or leeting in the fora that are behind the login. (To check for yourself, see what you can read without logging in.)

As far as legit sites and whether it violates the ITP principle, I think it can depend on the circumstances, but most of the time, I prefer not to. Very Happy

And McBait, love the avatar! Laughing

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have your lad dress up as the chicken dude outside of each cluckin bell from the game and get his photo done holding a sign - that would be the holy grail of this bait Smile

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
McBait
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
And McBait, love the avatar! Laughing

I simply couldn't resist...I asked my daughters to go find me a sickly cute pic for an avatar for another character.

It took awhile to get through their screaming hysterical laughter, they were embarrassed to show me what they found on a legit Dora toy site for children. Someone CLEARLY didn't think this product all the way through...

The pic they found was SO good I just had to use it here for my main account, it would be wasted on the lads.

I disagree that "Cluckin Bell" site is a "joke" as we understand it (A man walks into a bar in Nigeria with a unicorn...) It is a support site to a virtual world created within a for-profit game. These folks are not making fun of the restaurants as much as they are trying to add depth to the game they sell. And that's what makes me a bit uneasy about using the site, it is designed to sell a product, the game owners are rabidly trying to pander a product in any way, shape or form their little minds can imagine, more power to them, but sending lads their way...I just don't know.

urban-shakedown I think you are clearly on the right path! Put the lads to work for you! IMHO: I don't see a clear violation of ITP, but still makes me uneasy.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While I agree with most of what you say, I think you might be over-thinking it a bit much.

I took a look at this site. As someone who has never played this game (whatever game it is!), I had no clue this site is affiliated with a game. I see no contact information on the site, nothing for the lad to mess with. I am pretty sure the worse that might happen is with some investigating, the lad might find out it is a site set up for the game and it might take some clever baiting to explain that. Otherwise, what could the lad do? Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
McBait
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DoraTheExplorer wrote:
While I agree with most of what you say, I think
I took a look at this site. As someone who has never played this game (whatever game it is!), I had no clue this site is affiliated with a game. Very Happy

I didn't say there were GOOD game programmers or promoters Smile

It just that I've run web sites and servers in the past...I know how dumb, no-brains-required tricks can hurt a web site, with or without contact info.

Certainly, I am over thinking it all. That's what I do Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic