SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First timer, help me out

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
incredibad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Emailed someone about a craigslist apartment, got this in reply:

Hello,
Thanks for your response regarding my apartment.The apartment is much available for now.I want you to know that I am the owner of this apartment.But right now, I am in Africa on a Christian mission with my wife and we have the keys right here with us.I will like to inform you that it was due to my transfer that makes us to leave the apartment and also want to give it out for rent.I am looking for a responsible person or family that can take very good care of it.We are not after the money for the rent but all we want is absolute cleanliness of the apartment at all time.The apartment can only be rented by the person or family that will take care of it as if it were its own.So for now,We are here in West Africa,NIGERIA in our new house and also with the keys of the apartment,we are trying to look for an agent that we can give these documents before we left but could not see any.We don't want our apartment to be used any how in our absent and that was why we took it along with us here.We are only willing to give the apartment out to a lovely and caring family only, so if you know you cannot give the apartment the neatness it deserves please don't contact me.But if you promise to always take good care of apartment,get back to me on how you could take care of our apartment or perhaps experience you have in renting home.Hope you are okay with the price of $700 with hydro,heat laundry facilities,air-condition and so on.I look forward to hearing from you ASAP so that I can forward you an application to fill out and discuss on how to get the apartment for rent,also are you ready to rent it now or when?
Thanks,
Await your reply,
Fabian Donald

I simply replied with:

Are you available to show the apartment today?
Thanks.

lawl this is gonna be fun
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome incredi.

First rule of thumb we go by is to not bait scammers that have our real life information. The risk is small, but why take it? Our advice would be to drop the bait if he has your r/l info and then if you are interested, create a fake persona and bait from that angle.

Generally, these apartment scammers are not much fun to bait as they are only looking for you to deposit their check and wire money back. You can waste some time, but they will drop you pretty fast if no progress is being made.

Anyway, good luck.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Hyperkill
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check out the surplus section to get some lads that you can start playing with right away. You will likely get very bored playing with the craigslist lads.

Make sure you check out the Eater University to learn about how to be a better baiter. There is some really good info there. The most important thing is patience. Start out as a normal victim for a little bit so the lad has some time invested in you.

Rule of thumb when starting out...don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Try and get a few lads on your hook so if you lose one you have a couple more to keep yourself occupied.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic