SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Australian man bursts into flames after being tasered

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/5874998/Man-bursts-into-flames-after-being-hit-by-Taser.html

The use of tasers in the UK has become quite controversial but I'm only posting this because it caught my eye as something quite bizarre. Apparently the man had been glue sniffing, which explains why there was such an extreme result.

On a side note, on checking all the records of discharges, one UK police officer even managed to taser himself with an accidental discharge, and after human beings, tasers were most frequently used on dogs, which puts some very weird mental images in my mind.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5602424/Police-Taser-themselves-sheep-and-pets-by-accident.html

Apparently even a sheep was tasered, and on another occassion an 89 year old man was hit too.

I know I shouldn't find it amusing - but sadly I do.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Apparently the man had been glue sniffing, which explains why there was such an extreme result.

Actually he'd been sniffing petrol, but it does explain what happened, true.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7

Last edited by Yastreb on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd really like to see a lad getting tazed that would be funny

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^especially whilst sniffing petrol. Twisted Evil

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ and smoking a cheap cigerette

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With more and more agencies issuing their cops taser guns, the number of officers injured while taking a resisting suspect into custody has dropped dramatically.

They are small enough to carry on the officers gun belt so he or she always has assess to it unlike a beanbag gun or a pepperball gun. Some agencies allow the tasers to be carried in lieu of a baton or PR24.

I am all for anything that makes the job of police officers safer.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They tasered him on the bridge of his nose? He's lucky he wasn't blinded.

I find this all highly unlikely. I would be surprised if a taser could ignite petrol vapour when used at range, but not very surprised.

On the other hand the head-shot and the pouring petrol on his face seem to be trying to explain what happened.

To my mind it is just as likely that there was enough petrol vapour around from random spillage and evaporation to cause the initial burn. It's just as likely that the lighter he was carrying started the fire. Maybe the muscle contractions from being tasered caused him to ignite it.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A police spokesman said a male police officer fired the Taser when Mr Mitchell ran at police with the petrol container and refused to stop when officers repeatedly told him to.

A 35 year old inhalant abuser? He was probably almost functionally brain dead, anyway. He probably thought he was running away from the cops.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Both my brother and father work in a jail. The chief asked them to come to the garage for a demonstration. They pepper sprayed a spot on the concrete floor, layed the two ends of a taser, and lit it up. It caught fire. The chief said, that if you have pepper sprayed an inmate, and you hear "Taser!", RUN!
Of course it could be the propellant that ignites, but still. They might have changed the composition so they don't light anyone on fire. This was about 5 years ago.
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

'The incident took place in the West Australian remote desert community of Warburton...'

Brings a whole new meaning to lightly toasted!
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Throw another junkie on the barbie, Sheila."

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Taser is a nice option to have available. It has received bad press, but sometimes, without that tool, the only other option would be a .45 caliber hole in the suspects chest cavity.

**Note to dipshits, don't soak yourself in gasoline, nothing good can come from that.

Edit:
bumsnacks wrote:
They pepper sprayed a spot on the concrete floor, layed the two ends of a taser, and lit it up. It caught fire.

99% of propellants used in chemical irritants is now non-flammable. There is still some old old stuff out there in the wild, but it is rare.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

You're right pfrank. Because of some isolated incidents involving alcohol based OC (pepper spray) deliver systems and tasers, most of the alcohol based systems have been removed. They have been replaced with non-flammable delivery methods which evaproate faster than the previously used alcohol. The evap factor is important becuase the OC is not effective until contact is made with the skin or mucous membranes. When the delivery substance evaps the oil makes contact.

Tasers are a great psychological deterrant. Often times the weapon only need be threatened or displayed to gain compliance from an active resister. There is a great example from the U.S. show "COPS" is two officers dealing with a very large, well muscled individual at a domestic violence call. The gentleman is easily two to three times bigger than the officers attempting to cuff him (one cannot even get his hands aroung the suspect's wrist!). The officers warn that resistance to lawful commands will result in the use of a taser upon the individual. Sure enough the big guy gets squirrely (no offense SOOI) and the taser is deployed. The big guy ccries like a baby and immediately apologizes to the officers for not listening! Allows himself to be secured in cuff and no further incident occurs. Post incident, the subject is amazed that a guy like him for his size was brought down by the taser.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm doing research now on whether or not I will issue TASERS to my Officers. There are pros and cons to TASERS. Over the last few years I have personally seen more and more people immune to the pepper spray. I have even had a "career criminal" tell me that he regularly sprays himself with pepper spray to help become immune to it. When you are a Police Officer in a rural jurisdiction you need the upper hand, one that works. Normally, backup for my Officers are 15 minutes away. A long time when you are confronted with a hostile perp that's immune to pepper spray.
If a proper Policy and Procedure are in place with the LE agency regarding the use of TASERS, you should have no problem, but still,doing my research.

Thanks Ghost, kinda had a feeling you would feel that way Wink
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
With more and more agencies issuing their cops taser guns, the number of officers injured while taking a resisting suspect into custody has dropped dramatically.

They are small enough to carry on the officers gun belt so he or she always has assess to it unlike a beanbag gun or a pepperball gun. Some agencies allow the tasers to be carried in lieu of a baton or PR24.

I am all for anything that makes the job of police officers safer.

Seconded. I felt it was so important to post this, I'm eating into my 22 minutes of internet time for 1 euro 50 Laughing

EDIT: Jumping Jesus fuck - loving the new tag Twisted Evil

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's all kind of subjective, I think. If you're the guy (or gal) having some 6ft 6 lunatic coming at you with a machete, I guess you'd see tasers as a nice idea.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PsycheDelia_Smith wrote:
If you're the guy (or gal) having some 6ft 6 lunatic coming at you with a machete

In that scenario, I would stick with my trusty Glock Model 21.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That'll do it, but the Coppers over here don't have that option (on normal duty).

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic