SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

my wifes friend was scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
vonfalk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last year a 40 year old man my wife works with was scammed by a lonely hearts scam. I remember when she told me that R. (I'll keep his name anonymous) was sending at least 50$ a week to his future "bride" in Romania. At the time I wasn't very familar with spam scams but I know a hustle when I see one. I told her it was a scam and when she told R. he laughed at her. She (the romanian,not my wife)strung him along for 6 months. Now R. isn't the crispiest chip in the bag so this may very well still be going on. Any suggestions ??

thanx von
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless R is willing to share details - email addy, emails with headers, pics, money transfer details, and the like - there's not much we can do to show she's a scammer. Pointing him to romancescam.com and scamwarners.com might light a bulb in his chandelier, but infatuation can be blind.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Love scam victims can be hard to convince, especially without evidence which you don't have.
Without seeing the email correspondence, I don't see tha you can do much.
Paying a scammer weekly is rather unusual.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
vonfalk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe she was saving the money he sent her so she could eventually join him and get married, i'm a little fuzzy on the details I only know that after a couple months R. said she was coming to america in a coupla weeks ,Thats the last i heard about it. Maybe he realized at last it was a scam and didnt want to talk about. I'll ask my wife today when she gets home for any updates.
thnx von
vonfalk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got the complete story of R. and "alexandra" from budapest.
He met her through a mailorder bride website 3 YEARS ago. He works with my wife in a large supermarket and sends Alexdranda money through the western union in the front office. He has sent as much as $500 a week, but often as little as $50, this has been told to my wife by the front end manager, it's no secret and everybody in the store knows it.He sent her a cel-phone and pays the bill, She was supposed to come to America twice so far but something always came up,He carries a picture of Alexandra that looks like the sort that comes with the frames that you buy. The wedding date is in early september of this year but first theres alot of paperwork to fill out with the consulate.
After 3 years he still sends her money. I think there is no hope for him.

thnx von
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i suspect that many love scam victims are blind to their own situation.
i'm no expert, but does it help to show him case histories of others who were scammed?

scamwarners should have a few of those which he can read, if he can be persuaded to read them.
but i doubt it will be possible to help him until he acknowledges there could be a problem.

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Vonfalk.

It is unfortunate and sad that scammers often target victims like R.

The support team at Scamwarners can and will help him.

If you will PM me R's mail address I will get one of the team members to contact him.

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Isn't there an obligation of "duty of care" on the Western Union agents/staff??????

Quote:
Because we care about consumers, Western Union urges you to protect yourself from fraud by considering the following:

*Never send money to a stranger using a money transfer service.
    *Beware of deals or opportunities that seem too good to be true.
    *Don’t use money transfer services to pay for things like online auction purchases.
    *Never send money to pay for taxes or fees on foreign lottery winnings.

If you think you have been a victim of fraud, please contact your local Western Union Agent.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think so.
Quote:
The duty of care is a general legal duty on all individuals and organisations to avoid carelessly causing injury to persons.

Nothing there about a victim harming himself.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

N N N wrote:
Isn't there an obligation of "duty of care" on the Western Union agents/staff??????

No more than there is on sellers of lottery tickets to make sure you aren't recklessly spending your entire food budget and your own rent on scratch-offs. No more than there is on your bank to make sure you aren't writing checks so your deadbeat ex can go play the ponies when they claim they need it for rent. No more than there is on the postal service to make sure you aren't mailing cash to an unregistered charity.

In other words, none.

They kind of expect adults to be able to figure out what to spend their money on and who to send it to. It's your money. They can't tell you what and what not to do with it.

With freedom comes responsibility and all that.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic