SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Never got this far, what next?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
filthmeister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll summarise the story a bit here.

I was selling my car, and got the old "I have a client in the UK who wants to buy your car" email, and then they accidentally send a cheque for too much and now wants the excess returned by WU.

So, here I am, he thinks I got the cheque, even though I told him I live at 123 Fake St. and he thinks I've lodged it to the bank. I've been stringing him on since Wednesday about sending the funds back with WU, and today I finally told him it's been sent.

He's asked for the details he needs, sender name, MTCN, amount, so he can collect it. I've told him my receipt is at home, and I'll send the details later. Now, how should I best prolong things? As soon as I give him an MTCN, he'll be able to check the WU site to see that it's fake.

I was thinking maybe I'll get his name wrong the first time, then spell my name wrong, then maybe have a digit in the wrong place in the MTCN. That'll get three goes out of him, but I want more. This is the first time I've gotten a lad to this stage, and after 3 weeks now, I'd like to waste his time a bit more.

He's starting to get aggressive, he thinks I'm playing games with his money, to which I replied it wasn't his money, as the "buyer" is a third party, and the lad is just a go-between, and the money belongs to "the buyer". I thought that had annoyed him into leaving, but he's back now looking for the details.

I did manage to get a scan of a passport too, a British one, which is either fake or maybe a stolen passport. I also got a real address, correct post code and everything. It's a hotel in London.

Any ideas what approach to take?
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

off to Eater University my lad

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150757

and a lovely lad pain machine by MrMe

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125626

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
filthmeister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, Payment Delaying, 101. Excellent.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could fess up, and tell him you drank and gambled most of it away, Embarassed but will forego your next three commissions if he will send you three more checks. Smile Honesty is always the best policy.

edit; oh, yeah..you accidentally threw out the receipt out the window of the car on your way home from the wu. Why would he need that, anyway? You sent the money. $2.45...

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Hyperkill
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had a similar scam pulled on me before. It was one of those things where he wanted me to cash a check for my tutoring fees and then give the extra cash to a nanny. He sent the check and had given me a Chicago address that was supposedly where the nanny was staying. However, he wanted me to transfer the money via WU. So, I decided to make his life miserable and sent him an email saying that I just got done MAILING the check to the Chicago address. He called me yelling and everything, I was yelling, it was great Smile. This was also my first attempt at playing with one of those people and also helped me find this website.
filthmeister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good ideas, I especially like the one about mailing the cheque to him. I was thinking about that, was going to say I didn't trust westrun onion, and sent a cheque to the hotel address he gave me in London.

Anyway, I sent a fake mtcn, and he got back to me within minutes, not a happy bunny. All caps, asked me if I was an idiot, and why am I wasting his time. I think the jig is up. I replied and called him the idiot for sending me the wrong amount of money in the first place. He's gone quiet now.

Ah well. Next....
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like your lad may have been given a fake WU or two in the past. Very Happy

Couldn't you have made a simple typo? The lad should not be getting all worked up over something this trivial. He needs to apologize.

If he doesn't, there are many other lads out there waiting to be tortured. Twisted Evil

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

filthmeister wrote:
Anyway, I sent a fake mtcn, and he got back to me within minutes, not a happy bunny.

You know, I recently found out that MoneyGram doesn't offer a way to check your reference number online. Since then I've been "sending" tons of money to lads through MG. Jolly fun.

Suffice it to say, you'll be getting the same response, except he'll be getting back to you within hours not minutes, and probably pretty red-faced too.

Just a thought.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seeing as you're having all these problems why dont you ask for his bank details
see this thread for next step
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic