SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

sorry;a quick question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
vonfalk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

reading the letters from the 419ers, i've noticed that some are almost literate while others (supposedly from the same person)are almost unintelligable. Is there any reason for this? also scambaiting has obviously been going on for a while,havent these scammers caught on by now to the various baiting tecniques or are they just so greedy that dont catch on? thanx
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vonfalk

If one thinks for a moment or two, one will remember that English is not everybody's first language.

Another thought concerns the pot and the kettle! Laughing

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some scammers start with very well prepared intro letters, and scripts that are already written for the first couple of responses, but then have to work on their own (and in many cases, they don't write so well).

Other variation can be explained by the fact that scammers have an extremely wide range of education - ranging from hardly any, up to serious academic qualifications.

When it comes to baiting techniques, some of them fall out of favour as it becomes known to many scammers that some kind of request is a sign of a time-waster. A good example is "take a picture holding a sign". It can still be done, but to many scammers is a sign that the requester is a time-waster due to the large number of baiters who took this approach over the years.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Ana
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a big problem for me... sometimes i write like a Nigerian LOL because english is my "second" language.. and im still learning a lot....

You are a crook and we want no futher communication with you, Rgds ----> Luc4s Mb3k
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's not even a bad thing Ana, at least they won't be learning english from you then Smile As long as they suck at english, the less likely victims are going to fall for them. Most of us even type mistakes on purpose, it also makes them think they are smarter than you.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vonfalk wrote:
also scambaiting has obviously been going on for a while,havent these scammers caught on by now to the various baiting tecniques or are they just so greedy that dont catch on? thanx

Advance fee fraud has been going on for a long time to, yet they find new victims every month, despite some very widespread attempts to educate the public, and the obvious fact that these are scams. It's like chasing the elephant with a shovel; the smart folk just can't keep up.

Likewise, there are probably plenty of scammers who don't know that victims ask for pictures.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
Ana
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caligula wrote:
That's not even a bad thing Ana, at least they won't be learning english from you then Smile As long as they suck at english, the less likely victims are going to fall for them. Most of us even type mistakes on purpose, it also makes them think they are smarter than you.

Oh... well... you make me feel better ... Embarassed

But.. i think they can understand me ... i hope Lol

You are a crook and we want no futher communication with you, Rgds ----> Luc4s Mb3k
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Here's some examples of what my lad is having to read from me.
Quote:
wi r u doin tihs to mi david sai u r teh thef he sai he has reset to prov it he show me reset it got stams on an evrythik

i got ur mail. wot r we gon do bowt david he has stol 300 from us i
still have 375 from ebay an i ask my nurs to send but i need to now
wot we do to david

i not sai nurs send it i sai i wil as nurs i did giv a da

wot iz 375? i touht it woz 300?
If he can read that, (and it seems he can,) you shouldn't worry about your English Very Happy

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several

Last edited by thud419 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Ana
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Hehehehe ... thanks Very Happy

vonfalk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wi r u doin tihs to mi david sai u r teh thef he sai he has reset to prov it he show me reset it got stams on an evrythik

i got ur mail. wot r we gon do bowt david he has stol 300 from us i
still have 375 from ebay an i ask my nurs to send but i need to now
wot we do to david

i not sai nurs send it i sai i wil as nurs i did giv a da

wot iz 375? i touht it woz 300?

lol i actually can understand that
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

vonfalk:

As Firehouse said above, often the well-written emails are a copied script. They may have been borrowed/bought/stolen from a scammer with a better grasp of English, or they may have been corrected and improved based on feedback received from English-speaking victims or accomplices. In some cases (especially romance lads) parts of the emails are copied straight from a website (love poems/expressions of love are frequently pulled from love sites). Of course, the better scripts are the ones we want to pick apart and use to de-educate the scammer. The poor scripts deserve nothing but praise.

When you see the grammar and spelling rapidly deteriorate, you can be happy knowing you most likely have got your scammer off-script!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic