SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Request help/bait - suspected scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
foobar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all,

I spent several hours reading this forum last night. I got quite an education and am fascinated with baiting now.

Here's the situation:

A friend talked to me because she is concerned about her sister. Sister is having an online relationship with a guy (we'll call him POS) who:

1. is a widower
2. single parent
3. U.S. Citizen (Connecticut)
4. Italian (to account for his accent, I assume)
5. works frequently in Africa as a gold buyer
6. says often that he is coming to visit but never shows up.
7. has asked for money.
8. using yahoo.com account

Sister and POS have frequent phone and e-mail conversations. Sister has not sent any money. He does have her name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.

Friend wanted to have me check the guy out. However, sister isn't willing to look any deeper, provide copies of emails, etc. Sister says that she will be careful and just wait to see what happens. She's having a good time and doesn't want to give it up.

After what I've learned from this site, I really don't have many doubts that POS is, well, a piece of sh!t. I just talked to Friend and told her of all I learned here. She said that Sister wants her to back off. So, I told her about this place and that someone here would probably be happy to keep POS busy. He may be on guard though since I think Sister told him that Friend was worried.

Here is the address he is using (masking, just remove the *) : la*rry.*wil*son*[email protected]

Any distraction of this POS from my friend's sister would be greatly appreciated. Friend may also stop by here since I gave her the url.
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If your friend could get a copy of an email with full headers and post it here, evidence may be obtained to locate the gentleman in question.

Although what you say screams scammer, I can't see any baiter taking him on until his status as scammer is established, beyond reasonable doubt.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you tell how your sister got in contact with POS? Through a dating site, or somewhere else? Really, an email from him and headers would be a huge help. Now, I'm still fresh here, and if what I'm saying next earns me a slap from my mentor, so be it, but I'm curious for the opinions of more experienced baiters: In cases like this, where we can't get emails from the victim, is it frowned upon to send a standard 'Hi, I am interested' start mail and see what comes up as reply? - This being the last option ofcourse.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Typical lad story.

Send her to romancescam.com and she may see the pictures he is using.

Demand that he shows his face on live webcam.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
foobar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all for the advice. Unfortunately, my friend's sister is not willing to provide any more information or copies of emails. She shared his e-mail address on Monday but had asked my friend to "butt-out" by the time I spoke with my friend today.

I did send a link to the photo area of romancescam.com maybe my friend's sister will get curious and go through it. I hope for her sake that she will be careful and just enjoy the attention (as she says she intends to do).

I've explained the risk of processing paperwork or a check, sending money, sharing personal information or otherwise engaging a scammer. I don't think that there is anything else I can do for them until the sister is willing to cooperate.

Thanks again.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

foobar wrote:

1. is a widower
2. single parent
3. U.S. Citizen (Connecticut)
4. Italian (to account for his accent, I assume)
5. works frequently in Africa as a gold buyer
6. says often that he is coming to visit but never shows up.
7. has asked for money.
8. using yahoo.com account

Everything you point out indicates a scammer.

The majority of scammers claim to be widowed with a child. They are always from a Western Country, but often work in Africa. They often are coming to visit, but need money for airfare, non existant BTA, visa fees etc. They may also be robbed and be held captive by the hotel manager for monies owed. They may end up in a nasty accident and will need money for the hospital bills.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you could get thru to her, send her to our sister site.

http://www.scamwarners.com/

Hope someone convinces her.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome foobar

unfortunately if your friend doesn't want to see what's going on, there's not a lot you can do about it, Except be supportive when she does finely admit to being scammed. This is the problem, No one likes to admit they have been taken for a ride.

As for baiting her friend, This will still not solve the problem, he's still going to be saying everything she want's to hear, and at the same time robbing her blind.
All we can hope to do, is find this creep, on another site or baiting thread, then it's up to you to convince her that it's a scam.

The ethic's of baiting are quite simply, Prove it's a scam first, or we would be no better then them if we baited an innocent person..
And w can't do that without information from your friend. Copies of e-mails , headers, photo's etc.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Where did she meet him? If we can verify his profile is characteristic of a scammer, then we have somewhere to start. Also, checking "his" photos on tineye and scamdigger are highly recommended.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You will find a lot of very useful advice here in our stickies, one that you should read is the romance baiting FAQ, there is a link in my signature line, while it was put togetehr to educate people on how to bait, it will also give you a lot of information on how to find things out about this POS.

I noticed it suggested above already but will restate, provide as much detail at Scamwarners as you can, they will be able to give lots of support to your friend and her sister who is being scammed, that is what they do there.

For those itching to get a piece of this POS, please coordinate what you have done in this thread and keep the details hidden so POS cant find them.

If nobody else is on this I can see where an ASEM takes me

@ Foobar, We will be needing a lot more info however so please provide as much as you can, sometime even the smallest detail may be the one that leads to evidence

Editing to add, I am doing a couple of searches now, could you please look through and see if any of them sound familiar, dont be too concerned about the location as they often change this, besides that however there is usually little variation

http://www.geocities.com/bourbonstreet/3076/scam_101.htm

Editing again

Also found this, it is in regards to an aupair scammer but it is common for scammers to try a variety of scams so it is possible this is in regards to the same scammer

Quote:
Hello all,

I read a few of the complaints made against the families on the au pair sites and found complaints about people that I am firmilliar with.Theo Johnson, Larry Wilson and Seth Brooks (They are all the same people). They are on this site and on other au pair sites. Thiese emails are almost exactly the same and they both referred me to THEIR travelling agencies. They wanted me to pay the money into an account in Nigeria but I said that I would like to use my own agency and they told me if I don't use their agencies I would have to look for another family. They all claim to be American but can hardly speak a word of english. PLEASE BE AWARE!!!

This is the first e-mail that I got from Larry Wilson wich is almost the exact same as in another complaint.
williams wilson wrote:
Good Day to you interested in u i need a aupair for my kid i want to
no more better about u, gets back to me with your details my kid is
inteligent and nice kid, his name is joe his age is 3 yea old i want you
to be with him and take good care of im for about 4 month ,All i need
from you is trust and honest because i will not be at home with the
kid and the kid stay alone with you due to my working status i could not
be at home to stay with him and as you know it there are lot of
achievement in uk ,A good sense of humour is essential and you will be
treated as part of the family from the minute you arrive. my boy like
playing game Our family is a little hectic at times but fun loving and
energetic Our house is 40 mins drive away from the South coast (Brighton
and Eastbourne)and 40 mins train journey to London. We are only 30
mins from Gatwick airport. The Aupair will have access to the internet
and a television and video in her room. She will have her own !
double room with ensuite shower facilities. I would expect the aupair
to work for 24 hrs per week Mon-Fri with weekends off.You can start
doing some other things in uk, as soon as im okay with you, you will
Have to do housework ,Till i hear from you. Here is my Contact Home
address here in uk and as soon as you arrive in the airport i will come
for the pickup

This is the first e-mail I received from Theo Johnson (suppose to be a doctor)
am a Doctor and i could be very busy at the hospital which makes me absent from home for days sometimes, i and my kids mother are divorced i will need an aupair to take care of them while am away.Therefore i will want to know where you are at present,your age
and if you can start latest by mid july.
My picture is on my profile and i will send them to you
through mail as soon as i am free.My kids are inteligent,nice, adorable,cute and fun to be with
i want you to be with them and take good care of them for about 6 months or above while am around and away.My kids names is Junior who is 4 yrs (male) and ashley who is just 6 yrs (female).
All i need from you is trust and honesty because i will not be at home with the
kids and the kids stay alone with you due to my working status
and for the fact that i work alot i would not be at home always to
stay with them and as you know it there are alot of achievement
in England and you will be treated as part of the family from the minute
you arrive.my boy likes playing and Our family is
a little hectic at times but fun loving and energetic..The
Aupair will have access to the internet and a television and
video in her room. you will have your own double room with
ensuite shower facilities. I would expect the aupair to work for
25hrs per week Mon-Fri with weekends off you can start doing some
other things here in England as you will have your working permit
as soon as i'm okay with you u will have to do some housework. I intend paying you �400-�500 per week depending on how much we appreciate you.
Till i hear from you, Here is my Contact Home address here in
England and as soon as you've arived in the airport i shall come
for the pickup.
This is my address below...
DR THEO JOHN
6 SANDYBROOK DRIVE
MANCHESTER
M9 8NY
UNITED KINGDOM
Make sure you contact me asap so that i could link you up with my Preffered travelling agency so as to help you with your visa,air ticket
and work permit in other to be available as fast as possible.
cheers
DR THEO JOHN

This is what Seth Brooks sent me because I didn't want to use his travel agency called (BRITISHTICKETAGENT) How dumb can you get!!
Hello,

Thanks for the mail.Well,i will like to inform you that it is only through my ticket agent that you can use in coming over here ok.Once you know that you can not send the money to them in Lagos Nigeria then have a nice day and look for another family.Or you can simply make the funds transfered to them through Money Gramm ok.So i hope all is well and hope to read from you soon....

Cheers....

Mr Seth Brooks.....

I always ask the families to send me a letter of confirmation that I will have the job, this letter must have their signiture, like a contract. And a form of identification, you can use these if it is a scam and you want to sue them! The suppose to be travelling agency ask that you send money to an account abroad through WESTREN UNION MONEY TRANSFER because that is the only way they can collect money without being traced. I have a friend that works with visa's and things and she said that you never pay money into an account abroad, it should be a company account at the bank. I always use my own agency or they can pay the money for the travel documents and you just pay the money back. I always look up their addresses but most of the time they don't exist or another family lives there. One of them even cut out pictures out of a book to use as photo's, just my luck we were buying the same magazines. lol.

I hope that this bit of information helped someone and if anyone of the scammers are reading this, remember what goes around comes around. If there is any questions please do email me or if you know about other scammers I would like to know.

Here is information on another scammer using the name Larry Wilson

Quote:
From Capt Larry Wilson
Day Friend, I got your contact via the internet during my search for a reliable
partner whom I can trust and requires such magnitude of confidence and honesty,
I came to conclusion after praying and fasting that you are a good fellow to
confide in even though we never met for the first time. Actually, I had 3 names
on my prayer list and in the end I have the confirmation and conviction in my
heart that you are more to be trusted, this was why I contact you for this
mutual benefit as I have gone through a profile that speaks good of you and it
interests me to contact via this medium.

I am Captain Larry Wilson, of the Monitoring and Peacekeeping mission in
Baghdad-Iraq. On the 7th day of August 2007, we were alerted on the sudden
presence of some Terrorists and Iraqi Insurgents camping in a suburb not too
far from Karbala here in Iraq.
After Immediate intervention, we captured three (3) of the Terrorists;
twenty-six (26) were killed leaving seven (7) injured.

In the process of interrogation, they confessed being rebels backed by former
Iraqi Leader Saddam Hussein, they were planning surprise attacks to retaliate
the killings of their Leader; they took us to a cave in Karbala, which
served as their camp.
Here we recovered several guns, bombs and other Ammunitions including some
boxes among which two contains suspected Chemical weapons, one filled with hard
drugs (cocaine) and the other one to my amazement contained Money
runs into Millions of United States Dollars after I and two of my junior
intelligent officers counted them. I have strong believed this funds where to
be used for the continued terrorist funding and insurgent killer attacks in
Iraq.

I however instructed one of my trusted officers to keep the Boxes of money in
high secrecy place while we submitted the other discovered items to our
superior command.
Now, I am in keen need of a "Reliable and Trustworthy" person who
would receive, secure and protect this boxes containing the US Dollars for me
up on till my assignment elapses here in Iraq.

Please
note that this is a golden opportunity that comes once in lifetime and more so,
if you are honest, I am going to entrust more funds in your care, as this is
one of the legacy we keep for our children, but In case you don't accept, do
not let me out to the international media as I am giving you this information
in total trust and confidence I will greatly appreciate if you accept my
proposal in good faith,, however feel free to negotiate what you wish to have
as your percentage in this business. Please assure me of your keeping this
topmost secret to protect my job.

Sincere
regards,
Captain Larry Wilson

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Sister and POS have frequent phone and e-mail conversations.

I bet she is paying for these calls, at least check a way to get the calls at a cheap rate!

Baiting this one might amuse one of our 'phone pimps' if they can talk smutty enough!

Murray if POS takes the bait let us know how you want to play him, too many cooks and all that.

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
foobar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all for the information.

I have sent a link to my friend for this thread and to all the recommended sites. She has seen the photos that POS sent to her sister so that may be a good place for her to start (even w/o sister's cooperation). Hopefully, she'll chime in here as I have already posted all that I know. If she doesn't, I may go have a sit-down with her and strongly encourage it! Smile

My friend had mentioned trying to bait POS herself (before she knew of this site) and I told her that someone from here would be better at it and that it wasn't safe if she didn't know the right way to do it.

@Murry Guru: I haven't seen the emails so can't say if these are a match for writing style or anything. I'm sorry that I don't have more information.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Foobar,

Dont be sorry, when your friend gets here some of it may look familiar.

I can also help with some information on how to find your scammer with some simple searches
That may help too if they wont give you info
dont push the vic too much as it could turn her away.

Allowing her to prove for herself with guidance is usually the best way to let her find the truth if she is denying that she could be communicating with a scammer

Editing to add that I have sent a PM and DW, I have not yet cast my line but seeing as it doesn't seem anybody else is yet I will check out the waters, please others keep off for the moment Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
loonybird12
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm the friend - Sister met POS on a christian dating site that was free. She said it was a free dating site. The POS is calling and re-calls at her schedule convenience.
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi loonybird12

Welcome, we are all hoping you may be able to guide your sister away from this guy.

Do listen to Murry Guru he is someone we all respect. He works tirelessly to help victims and their families.

loonybird12
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the sister shut down. No new information. Read the reply's. What a world they live in. I hope she keeps her head about her. I want to get this POS but until the sister opens up I can't do anything.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Looneybird

Did Foobar pass on some information I sent, I have a lot of information that will aloow almost anybody to find proof on most scammer.

If you could get it and take your sister through the same searches you may be able to find proof with her, if she is finding it herself she will be more likely to believe in it.

Dont approach her saying "this will prove he is a scammer" approach her tell her that the searhces may make you believe her, she will be craving for somebody to believe in her so that appraoch should work best

If you need it sent again please ask
I do want my carriage turns back into a pumpkin in about 40 minutes so please be quick if yoiu want it before tomorrow

foobar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just sent it to her. Loony, if you have trouble getting it, I can print it and drop it by on my next visit.
foobar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a note to let everyone know that Sister is free of this POS and knows him for what he is (a scammer). Thank you to all who helped with information and advice. It is greatly appreciated.
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

foobar

That is wonderful news.

Albator
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great news indeed!

United Kingdom x4 Filipino flag United States x7 Germany
Closed lad accounts x64 Mortar x11 Goat Nurse Nastys Audi TT
T.W.A.T(co-bait with MoP)
Sand Timer
-S4m 07/01/08-Ongoing
-An4st4s1y4 (Vlad) 11/26/08-Ongoing "I would iron your cock through trousers while it will not be firm"
-0um4r (Hitlad) 11/28/08-Ongoing
-Y4o 02/19/09-Ongoing
-Ver0nika (Vlad) 384d

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support 419Eater.com]</a>
<a href="http://scamwarners.com/forum/index.php">www.scamwarners.com</a>
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brilliant news Foobar

Now that she does accept it is a scam, she may get comfort by visiting and signing up at Scamwarners
we can help her to see she is not alone

Just as important, we can with her help, provide a useful warning about this piece of shit

weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great stuff Foobar. it's good that we win one, every now and again

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic