SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam email appears to victims like it came from my email!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nigerian Nightmare
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is very bizzare, but I opened my baiter email account today and found a ton of replies to a scam email that was sent, seemingly from my email account. The scam email has my email as the sender, but of course I didnt send out a scam email as I am not a scammer. I got alot of out of office replies, some angry people and even a couple who gave me some info, who may be baiters but I dont know. i replied telling them it was a scam and to ignore it. How could this happen? I actually think its a guy I was baiting who sent out a email blast and accidentally used my email as the sender email address. I dont know how you do that but its the same script he sent me originally. Then I got a reply from [email protected] that just said "Hi." I traced the IP and its in lagos, googled it and it lead me to this thread here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147118. Anyway, just a little bizarre occurrence in the world of scam baiting!
dadeciple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is very easy to send out an email saying it is from whoever you want it to be from. It does not actually have to be from that email address.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my catcher accounts was closed down for a while after a cheque scammer spoofed that email address and got the account crammed with thousands of non-reply messagea and the occasional reply telling me to stop sending spam.

I had my revenge because the scammer had to give a proper return address and a bunch of baiters did him some real damage... Very Happy

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like you may have upset your lad a bit. Laughing

Do as the lads do and just open another addy. Forward all of your ongoing baits to the new addy and continue as nothing ever happened. Your lads will not notice or care.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Nigerian Nightmare
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Haha ok, thats what i figured. I just dont want the feds banging on my door thinking I sent out a scam email! Out of curiosity, how can you send from one address and say its from another? I know exactly the lad I pissed off too LOL. Ill email him now a nice paragraph of insults.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Several ways to do it, but the easiest is to set up a fastmail.fm addy, write your message and before you send it, change the from field to anything that you want it to read. Smile

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's about as easy as it is with a real letter. Getting the letter right is easy, getting the envelope right is harder, and getting the postmark right is very hard. And then there's fingerprints.

Everything you see when you read an email is just the letter. The mail system strips off the envelope before it gets to you. In this case I think he also fiddled the envelope, otherwise you wouldn't get the failure messages.

Spam usually has fiddled headers and envelope, because the spammers don't want millions of failure messages and hundreds of insults, and they don't want to be tracked down. Some lads are big enough to be able to afford spammer time or equipment for their bombing run.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
scamintelligence
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same problem.

But the sender does not send scam, it sends advertisement and it seems that it's a professional spammer using botnets and generating mail addresses with the domain name I use and own.

It generates a lot of delivery failure and out-of-office reply and everything come in my catch-all account (as most addresses generated do not exist).

Sounds like I have angered some bastards too Twisted Evil !!!

SI

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo says

Quote:
Forward all of your ongoing baits to the new addy

Sorry for being thick but this puzzled me

Quote:
set up a fastmail.fm addy, write your message and before you send it, change the from field to anything that you want it to read. Smile

Could I be sending emails from my 'lad's' email? and would an IP be shown?

It would be fun to muddy the Nigerian waters.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic