SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

de-educating lads about uk 070 numbers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

we all know that uk numbers starting with 070 (or +4470) can be redirected anywhere in the world,
and by anywhere, i mostly mean nigeria.
lads use them because it allows them to appear to be based in the uk when they aren't.

i challenged a lad recently about using an 070 number, after he swore he was based in the uk.
i told him it was common knowledge in the uk that these numbers are overseas numbers,
and that it is very expensive for callers to call them.
he became very embarrassed, and when i rebaited him later, his script had evolved to include convoluted excuses about the 070 number.

at first i was worried that i had accidentally educated him,
but the excuses were so convoluted and incredible that i wondered how a genuine victim might react to them.
i concluded they might ring alarm bells for a few victims which wouldn't be rung otherwise.

what do others think? is it ok to challenge lads about their 070 numbers?
if we all challenge 070 lads, they may have to start explaining in their scripts that they are actually overseas,
and that might help a few victims.

Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

r2d2, I'm with you. I always point out that a 4470 number is a redirect number, never used by UK citizens.

I've been told that I am 'wrong' to do this.

But I see time and time again right here on these forums that folk think that type of number is a genuine UK number. Victims must surely therefore believe the same.

I would like to see Lads stop using them. I thought I might be a one-woman campaign.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From my point of view, if they believe that they are heir apparent to a fortune in gold dust following the unfortunate and untimely demise of some poor chap in a plane crash, they will believe anything.

Still, there's no harm in making the lads work a little harder to come across as legitimate.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Branwen do you think r2d2 is in our galaxy?

In the UK we have ways, unknown to the rest of the world Rolling Eyes Razz Laughing Embarassed

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Setup or give my special 0871 number which tells them they are being scammed. lads will be wondering why they are loosing punters

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had Lads challenge me on my UK re-direct number. Laughing

If you can't beat 'em - join 'em.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It may be worth campaigning that 070's are *insecure* and are easily hacked by Mr Gomer's phone lads, which will explain lots of dollar chops. The more consistent the campaign the more trust will falter in the numbers and the more chance we have of getting the lads onto either expensive forwarders or +23's proving where they are instead?

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there any easy way of adding an 070 to a phone list somewhere, so it gets spammed into oblivion?

Something like this evil place, for example?

"YOU ARE FUCKING DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS PEOPLE AND HUMAN BEING." - International property tycoon

"Once again reset all your email informations in other to afford your box been stolen by the men of the underworld." - Chrissy, my phished friend
<br>
Chrissy's M7CN S3cur3 World Record is currently at: 167 + 1214 + 181 + 167 + 172 + 204 + 159 + 359 + 182 + 1 = 2806 clicks!
<br>
Mexican Flag United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x 5
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ 070's are as disposable as an email addy. The lads will just dump the number and assign themselves another one. It will be a pain in the arse for them, but not enough of a deterrent to discourage their use.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Scammy Scameroo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be a LOT easier to kill a phone with spam than it is to sink an email address, though. If we can find the right place to dump numbers, we could seriously damage the usefulness of an 070 number with a couple of minutes work- and I think that would be worthwhile. Also, it's not like killing an email- it's not going to break any baits, or help conceal any significant googleable information.

Also, ignoring a spam call isn't as easy as ignoring a spam email. If the lad's expecting a call for his scam, and he's getting calls throughout the night, he HAS to answer them, spam or not. I think that could do some serious damage to the lad brain.

"YOU ARE FUCKING DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS PEOPLE AND HUMAN BEING." - International property tycoon

"Once again reset all your email informations in other to afford your box been stolen by the men of the underworld." - Chrissy, my phished friend
<br>
Chrissy's M7CN S3cur3 World Record is currently at: 167 + 1214 + 181 + 167 + 172 + 204 + 159 + 359 + 182 + 1 = 2806 clicks!
<br>
Mexican Flag United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x 5
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell the lad that you know for a fact that Nigerian cell services are only carried by "professional" businessmen and that the UK-redirects are only used by bums and fraudsters.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Casual Occurrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I get bored, I'll grab a bunch of emails from my catcher account, find a phone number from an opening letter and include that with the message "I have sent the funds of $425 as you instructed, please call me for the MTCN".

After doing this a number of times, I found I get the most responses from using 070 numbers. I figure it's more expensive for the lads to call as well than calling a +234 number that's probably local. It doesn't take long for responses to start indicating that "I" am not answering the phone and I should send the MTCN through email.

"When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction." - Cathartic Kate

IF YOU MEET THIS MAN ON GROUND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RAIN ABUSES ON HIM...I WOULD ADVICE YOU READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS E-MAILS VERY WELL BEFORE YOU START INSULTING HIS PERSONALITY. - Rev. Niklas

Thank you for your Undiluted Assictance and we hope to have a Lasting business relationship with you. - Hou Weijun

YOU ARE A F***ING BASTERD!!! - [Account reported] Dr. John E. Telex/Foreign Remitance Department

<a href="/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159622">Getting into collecting accounts from ASEMs? For a breakdown of a simple example bait: Click Here</a>
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got caught by 07624 number until I immediately afterwards tried the 0233 number.

UK to Ghana in les than 60 seconds?

So I could use this 07624 number on lads? Now that sounds like real fun, and revenge. Twisted Evil

Quote:
The lads will just dump the number and assign themselves another one
But if we had a list of such numbers we could have some fun!

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Tigbitties
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe we should discourage lads from using these numbers because of the credibility it gives a scammer who is pretending to be UK based.

Whenever lads send me a UK 4470 redirect, I hit them with this standard reply.

Quote:
When I try phoning your number from here in the UK and all I get is a recorded message with some sort of warning. I have recorded the message and attached it to this email. Can you explain what all this means as I am getting concerned about this information in the message.

I made this short recording to send with my reply

Click to listen

They usually splutter an explanation by saying they had the warning message set up because their number had been hacked and then give me their real phone number. If they challenge me over the recording, I suggest that the warning message can only be heard if you are calling from the UK. It doesn't spoil baits because I act clueless and accept their feeble excuses after they have dropped the 4470 number.

Feel free to copy. If you want to use the link to the recording directly in your emails. here it is:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/626887957bc1ee22/

Click here for Singing Lads and listen to the back catalogue for talented lads singing. Includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Postman Pat, The Lumberjack Song, Nellie the Elephant, Old Macdonald Had a Farm, Money - That's what I Want and many more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic