SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Pin Number Reversal?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I noticed this in one of those emails that gets passed around, on things you didn't know your mobile could do. Is this true? I wouldn't like to discover it's an urban myth with the Wallet Inspector looking over my shoulder.

Quote:
you can notify the police by entering your PIN # in reverse.

For example, if your pin number is 1234, then you would put in 4321.

The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine.

The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be
immediately dispatched to the location.

This information was recently broadcast on CTV by Crime Stoppers
however it is seldom used because people just don't know about it.
Please pass this along to everyone.

I presume CTV is Canada, does it work everywhere? Or nowhere?

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

According to Snopes it's a myth

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep! its a myth.

Actually it is the subject of a SPAM email that keeps doing the rounds every so often.

My view is, always check with site like Mcafee, Trend etc to see if the subject of these emails if true before sending them on to others. that way you avoid being part of the SPAM cycle.

Just do a Google on "Pin Number Reversal".

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think the Wallet Inspector would be very pleased as I dicked him around for 10 minutes, thanks!

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's true I tell you!

My pin number is 2112 and I keep getting arrested every time I use an ATM which is a real drag. Laughing

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

There's always one isn't there? Laughing

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
For example, if your pin number is 1234

A little over 10 years ago we used to do business with a local bank whose policy it was to have a computer generate a random PIN for your ATM or debit card instead of allowing the customer to choose one.

I received my first debit card with the randomly generated PIN which happened to be 1234. I had to have it replaced about 2 years later. I received it and my new randomly generated PIN was 3333.

Now we do business with a bank that allows the customer to pick their own and it can be 4, 5 or 6 digits. This is much safer. Now I can use numbers nobody will ever guess. I use my birthday, street address, last 4 digits of my SS#......

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I use the last five digits of the phone number our family had when I was a kid. I won't say how many years it's been since that number was associated with our family (my parents moved shortly after I flew from the nest).

And I couldn't tell you why I still remember it all these years later. But then, I still remember the number on my first driver's license. Some numbers just seem to stick with me.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have great problems remembering all my PIN nos, let alone passwords to gmail accounts, online banking, ebay, amazon Rolling Eyes

But I do mind my mums old Co-op divi number
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure the PIN numbers are encoded on the card using one-way encryption so you can't just pull the pin off the card with a reader. So yeah, the atm machine wouldn't check if you entered the pin backwards. Yay for the internets. Rolling Eyes

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
Damn you!* I can't remember my mum's any more ... but my Dad's was 3330 ... a very early member (and 40 year employee)

*Now I'll be mulling that over for the rest of the day ... get out of my head!!! Rolling Eyes
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:

Me too, after nearly 60 years. I even use it for the secret question and answer some websites use for account confirmation. With the possible exception of my brother, nobody else in the world knows the answer.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic