SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Oh, the memories

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PhlegmWad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The other day I randomly thought about one of my childhood favorite movies: a movie starring the characters of the Little Golden Book series. I watched it and though the tape is scratchy at the start, it was fun to watch after all these years to see what I remembered and what I didn't.

Anyone else look back on something from their childhood like that?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday I drove through an area where we lived before I went to my first school. It did bring back chunks of deja vu, when the trees looked the height of skyscrapers and the big victorian buildings were scary.

For some reason I can remember the way to the doctors, either I was taken a lot, or I was scared. The green meadows with the cows of terror (I was convinced they were going to eat me) have been replaced by an ugly concrete hospital.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All my memories now have a Tescos on them!

Purple Flower
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My younger daughter has not long moved to the part of the city where I was brought up.
The area has been subject to reclamation and redevelopment.
I embarass her by wandering around say" I mind when this was all docks, ships as far as you could see "
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never understood the saying "you can never go back." You can go back, but it's always....bittersweet.

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently discovered that a favorite book series from my childhood - The Borrowers - has a fifth book I'd never read. So I got a boxed set of paperbacks and read the whole series through.

The Borrowers Avenged was written quite a while after the first four books (probably why it escaped my parents' notice - I was a teenager by that time), but I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first four. And I won't say how long it's been since I first was introduced to them. Razz

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
El Nombre
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i still tend to watch some of the programmes i did when i was a kid, morph for exampe, good times those Very Happy

and i still play a few of the old games from those days as well.. infact, i still have some of those games today Razz

Saying trhat, i'm still only 18, so it wasn't all that long ago really :O

The new collection
Round 3: Back for more!
Closed lad accountsClosed lad accounts

"you are really a very disappointment to ladyhood" - michael agyekum boateng (standard AFF lad)
"my fetish man is ever ready to strike you deadly if only i give him the final go ahead." - the same Michael as above
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When we have elections,my voting place is where I went to elementary school.It really hasn't changed much,and I can clearly remember the first day I walked in there in 1966.It seemed so huge at the time,and it always amuses me that it seems to have shrunk.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In 1966, I stood on a clifftop and bellowed out Matt Munro's 'Born Free'.

Born free, as free as the wind blows,
As free as the grass grows,
Born free to follow your heart.

A few years ago, I returned to the same clifftop.

And sang it again.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not as far back as my childhood, but the 40th anniversary of Apollo XI is bringing back memories.
I went to Florida to see two of the later Apollo launches, and the first Shuttle launch. I'm currently digitising loads of old photos.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@MTM, I remember watching that on TV with my dad (born in 1903) and my grandfather (born in 1880). That was thrilling, being in the room with two people who had seen the explosion of technology in the first half of the 20th century.

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my aunts was born in 1899, and came very close to living in three different centuries.
It's hard to imagine that much change in one person's lifetime.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us

Last edited by Mr Tambourine Man on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just had one of those "ohh the memories..." experiences the other night standing in line at the ice cream stand. My sister worked there when she was in high school (probably around 1970). I would go with my mom to pick her up when she was done working, because I would always get some ice cream. It is one of the few places that has not changed at all in the past 40 years.

I had a hot fudge sundae with soft vanilla ice cream and maple walnuts to honor the memory. Wink

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^
Quote:
but the 40th anniversary of Apollo XI

I did spend that day/night watching this on tv in new york, on my first and only visit to the us of a.

at that times tv-program in austria did end around midnight.
after the anthem as last program was played - 8 hours of white noize and flickering.
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember hearing as a child that the last bugler boy from the American Civil War was still living.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nostalgia's not what it used to be Laughing

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Nostalgia's not what it used to be

the thingy is - those who could remember and tell us about will fade away.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
8 hours of white noize and flickering.

When we were students, we'd stay up and watch it, after a while you could see colours. On a black and white TV. It may have been due to , er , 'other influences', though, it was the 70's.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a child I thought that in the year 2000 I would live like the Jetsons. Very Happy

What a disappointment! Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Reminds me of the TV ad that played during 2000. The man says, "I was promised flying cars. I want flying cars."

blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I drive through some areas where I used to live when I was a kid. Used to ride my bike and build forts with my friends in all the endless desert areas.

Now they are all cookie-cutter houses and concrete.. Sad

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pamala Anderson.

Embarassed Just noticed the thread is about MEMORIES! Sorry! Laughing

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Somebody asked me where I was born. I don’t remember. I was pretty young when I was born….

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I was pretty young when I was born….

Board pet Dan Danino has a fully grown picture of himself on his birth certificate. Rolling Eyes

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic