SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Firefox 3.5

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I updated Firefox to 3.5 and find it much faster. There were some extension issues, but they were minor. Any other reviews?

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just switched over the Google Chrome, It's faster then Firefox, but doesn't have the e-mail handling capability of firefox.. But it comes close..

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Google Chrome for Linux is lightening quick and doesn't use half the resources of FF 3.5. I found that FF3.5 would steadily consume more and more CPU and RAM

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

weareborg wrote:
I've just switched over the Google Chrome

Chrome and Opera are great, and damn fast browsers. But I can't live without the FF extensions. (Read: AdBlock Plus!) Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Downloading now, I was still on 3.0.11 on my main machine and it's always been fast and stable and I can't live without Adblock Plus.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just installed it yesterday. It seems to take a bit longer to load for me, but once up, is noticeably faster browsing. No problems to report, as I haven't used it much yet.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got it - no difference in browsing speed for me, strangely.

Looks like Virgin Media will be getting a call again Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Google Chrome for Linux is lightening quick and doesn't use half the resources of FF 3.5. I found that FF3.5 would steadily consume more and more CPU and RAM

I'm a multi-tab user (currently got 16 open), and it's using 200 MB of RAM, according to the task manager.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Musicman on this one. FF 3.5 just used more and more resources on my system.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, it is a memory hog. If one is just browsing the web, and not using other memory intensive programs (ie: Photoshop) then it is really not a problem.

To give up Adblock for a bit of speed isn't worth it to me. But I really do like Google Chromes' interface, very slick and clean. I have also messed around with Opera and their new Opera Unite service, very interesting stuff.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been using FF3.5 for a while now. It's not my primary browser, I use it for stuff that doesn't work (properly) in Konqueror, and also to keep a few things separated.

I think it's quite nice, my only extension, the user-agent-switching-thingy, didn't work at the beginning, but now it was updated and works too.

I've got a installation of Opera, hardly ever see it. Didn't look into Chrome yet. Anyway, my browser is Konqueror.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Pastor Frank - I have Opera on both windows and linux pcs, and I love the speed as well. Speaking about Opera 10 and Opera Unite, I saw this article on PCWorld the other day. Since Opera Unite allows you to run a Web server from your desktop, criminals will soon be exploiting this feature, to spread malicious software on yor PC and turn your PC into a zombie bot for the botmasters. I think I'll avoid Opera 10 for awhile. http://www.pcworld.com/article/167070/could_unite_be_a_botmasters_best_friend.html

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm too a FF lover mostly bcause of the extension, beside of adblock I use flashblock - no annoying flash intros any more, and e.g. ImgLikeOpera. (I am on a relativly slow connection)

Chrome - there exist a version without data collecting, called Iron Browser.

Opera (last beta) has glitches with some pages on my system, so I don't open it often.
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

frank.lester wrote:

Chrome - there exist a version without data collecting, called Iron Browser.

Great tip, me likes ! Lean, clean, mean and fast. I 've got it as my new default browser now. FF 3.5 wasn't doing it for me, crashed numerous times, and eating 50% CPU after it crased.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Musicman is right. FF 3.5 has a memory leak problem.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^It always has unfortunately, and there are some rather annoying security implications. Obviously Mozilla aren't sure of the meaning of opt in
http://rixstep.com/2/20090703,00.shtml

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No memory problem on this end, running on Win7RC or Ubuntu 9.04. Opera uses considerably more memory on both, and Chrome uses just slightly less.

^^ And that location thing still is 'technically' opt-in since you do give each site permission before it sends the location data. Kind of a stupid feature though.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just switched to Google Chrome, after many years of Firefoxing. I find GC faster and not eating so much memory. And in FF 3.5 I noticed a lag between my actions and the browser's response. (well, I was having around 25 tabs open and 400 Mb taken by FF); It was annoying, I don't particulary like Opera so I tried Google Chrome. So far, I LIKE IT! No lag (same number of tabs) and less used memory.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FF 3.5 seems to have some serious issues. The problem I posted above is not just a memory leak, it just crashes every now and then, and afterwards firefox.exe takes 100% CPU on one core. Seems to be a known problem that has not been addressed yet AFAICT.

ETA: Here's an extensive overview of problematic extensions for FF. They also describe the symptoms. In my case it might well have been Copernic desktop search being the culprit.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic