SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Introducing myself

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scambuster2097
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'm new to your forum.

Is it possible for a scammer to identify you thru your IP address and match you up with recent online communications?

In other words could the scammer who tried to scam me identify me as the one he was trying to scam recently.....if he is smart enough to have kept any emails from me?

I'd like to get back at him if it were possible and play with his mind a little bit. Of course I would have to get a new email address, but could he trace it back to my ORIGINAL online origin? Are they smart enough to do that?
Or how can I hide my original IP address?
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi scambuster2097, and welcome.

your ip address is usually not enough to identify you - often it will resolve to a vague geographic area like a city.
but if you use a work pc, it could identify the company you work for, which you would want to avoid.

you can hide your ip address by using gmail / googlemail.
it will show Google's ip address, not yours, as along as you use the webmail version of gmail.
but if you link gmail to a mail program like outlook, then it will send your real ip address.

smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Further to the above, hushmail and fastmail also strip the IP from the outbound email.

Welcome to eater Very Happy

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
scambuster2097
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, thanks, guys, for replying.

I have another question...I have asked for a mentor, but until I get one maybe you could also answer this one for me.
If I am talking thru an online email to this idiot, as long as I don't click on anything he sends me, like files, etc, can he load my pc up with a virus or some kind of spyware or password/bank number collection program to get information from me to like, wipe me out financially?
I will NOT click to download anything he sends. I know not to do that. But can they still give you a virus or spyware just chatting thru email?

In response to r2d2, I will not do this at work. This is my own computer at home.
Jack The Tripper
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's where its again beneficial to get a more secure email account. AOL and Yahoo only have cursory anti-virus protection. Gmail, Hushmail, and Fastmail all have good antivirus and antispyware protection.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

scambuster2097 wrote:
But can they still give you a virus or spyware just chatting thru email?

Relax kid, if that were the case 99% of everyone here would have have Herpes.

Don't click on any attachments, don't download anything from them, have good AV software, read your Bible every night and don't touch yourself in an impure manner. Follow those instructions and you should be fine.

You may also want look into a Linux operating system, then you can pretty much do anything you want.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
scambuster2097 wrote:
But can they still give you a virus or spyware just chatting thru email?

Relax kid, if that were the case 99% of everyone here would have have Herpes.

Don't click on any attachments, don't download anything from them, have good AV software, read your Bible every night and don't touch yourself in an impure manner. Follow those instructions and you should be fine.

You may also want look into a Linux operating system, then you can pretty much do anything you want.

that's me stuffed then Crying or Very sad

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Star A Star wrote:
that's me stuffed then Crying or Very sad

Damnit, I hate doing computer support,

Here we go...

Download http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

Install and run it.

Then download http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Anniversary-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

Install and run it.

Next... download and install... http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

Get back to me after that.

Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ you forgot the tin-foil helmet. Wink

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't see how any of that is going to stop me touching myself in an impure manner. I doubt it will even read interesting bible quotations to me.

@scambuster2097: Whilst any form of IP stripping webmail and online security precautions will keep you safe from the -tiny- possible threat than an irate scammer might try to track you down or send you all manner of viruses, I think it's probably not a good idea to start baiting someone who was previously scamming you. Especially if you have any form of emotional attachment or worry regarding your communications with him. I think he is much more likely to recognise your writing style than your IP (That's if the scam got past the initial scripted stage and you actually were communicating)

Personally, I'd recommend getting a shiny new lad from surplus and learn to bait that way. It also means that when you mess up your first few baits, you won't be burning your chance with a lad you want to torture.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's a lad who scammed your or tried to scam you then I take it he has your RL info. If you send him mail now he can check the headers and see your IP to your new baiting address matches the other one.

This is not something lads normally do. Most don't know how and don't really care to learn. Doing this takes time and considering he may be Emailing dozens of victims, checking every header would be time consuming and lads usually use cafes they pay for I think by the hour. Checking headers just is not something lads do.

To be safe though, I'd use Gmail on this lad. Not that he would ever consider paying you a visit. Lads scam, they don't track people down to throw them a beating. For one, lads are cowards. Also tracking people down would cost them money and they won't be able to scam during the tracking down trip. Also, if a lad were to look for someone to beat up, he would be exposing himself and putting himself at risk of being arrested. Lads scam via the Internet because the risk of arrest is extremely low.

If he did match your IP all he would do is use it to insult you later when he figures out you aren't going to send him any money.

About wiping you out financially by infecting your PC. If he could do this, he wouldn't be bothering to send out his silly formats. He would be infecting people's PCs and wiping them out financially.

Viruses by opening an Email is not likely. Sending a virus through an attachment isn't as easy as you think. I open attachments all the time. Usually just jpeg and through the web based interface. Just don't click on any .exe files. Personally, I don't think a policy of not opening up attachments sent to you by lads is too extreme. If you don't know any better then it is always better to err on the side of caution.

Lads don't really mess with viruses. They want your money. It wouldn't benefit them financially to send you a virus so they don't do it. Why would he destroy your PC when he thinks he might be able to get money from you next month by sending you a different format? Also, to effectively send viruses they'd have to keep them updated to get past your AV. Again, this would be time consuming, cost money, and wouldn't get the lad free money. That is all he wants. Just keep your AV up to date and scan your PC often.

I am glad to see you are asking questions. Better to ask than remain in the dark. However, be aware, if you continue to ask safety questions someone will answer you not based on their knowledge but based on their own paranoia. That is just something to keep in mind.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
scambuster2097
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Newdonym wrote:
I don't see how any of that is going to stop me touching myself in an impure manner. I doubt it will even read interesting bible quotations to me.

@scambuster2097: Whilst any form of IP stripping webmail and online security precautions will keep you safe from the -tiny- possible threat than an irate scammer might try to track you down or send you all manner of viruses, I think it's probably not a good idea to start baiting someone who was previously scamming you. Especially if you have any form of emotional attachment or worry regarding your communications with him. I think he is much more likely to recognise your writing style than your IP (That's if the scam got past the initial scripted stage and you actually were communicating)

Personally, I'd recommend getting a shiny new lad from surplus and learn to bait that way. It also means that when you mess up your first few baits, you won't be burning your chance with a lad you want to torture.

Ok, this sounds like a very good idea. Get my feet wet on someone else first. I would, though, like to torture the one who tortured me. I could change my writing style up so he wouldn't recognize me. We did chat for about a month. I want to scam him back so bad, I can hardly wait to do it to the little bastard.

I still have his email address, so in time, I'm going to email to that address and see if he is still using it, and if he responds. I'll get my feet wet on someone else first.

Thanks so much for your advice.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eaterland, scambuster2097!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
However, be aware, if you continue to ask safety questions someone will answer you not based on their knowledge but based on their own paranoia.

And since when is paranoia a bad thing, negative Nancy?

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being paranoid is mankind's natural way of keeping us alive Smile

Closed lad accounts

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
— Arthur C. Clarke
scambuster2097
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to everyone for replying and thanks for the welcome.

I AM reading all over the site and gaining information daily.
I'm not ready to bait anyone yet, but I will get there eventually.

Sure is an interesting site.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic