SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

This smells so Naijelian

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ramsey
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KUALA TERENGGANU: A 28-year-old woman who fell in love with a “cyber Casanova” lost RM19,000 after being duped into parting with her savings to help him start a business.

The woman had never met the stranger, purportedly from Ireland, and only corresponded with him via e-mail.

She had believed that the cyber love affair was genuine after he asked for her hand in marriage and pressed her to part with a sum amounting to thousands of ringgit, said to be for capital to set-up a textile business in Malaysia.

State commercial crime chief Supt Azmi Adam said the man had told the woman that he planned to have the business in the country to secure her future after they got married.

“The woman received an e-mail from the man on June 23 asking her to deposit the money into a bank account,” he said yesterday, adding the money was said to be for Customs clearance to enable textile materials to be brought into Malaysia.

Later, the man asked for more money, claiming that he had to pay a penalty of an equivalent of £7,000 (RM40,869) to the Irish authorities due to flaws in export documentation.

“The woman continued to deposit more money into the bank account, believing that the man really loved her and the business deal was genuine,” Supt Azmi said.

However, when the man keep pressing for more money, she realised it was a scam and lodged a police report at Jertih in Besut yesterday.

Supt Azmi said police traced the e-mail address and discovered that it originated from Naiigelia. The woman had deposited the money into a local bank account.

Closed lad accounts x11
AL1VE
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read about this. Hope they can do something about it, seeing as the cops have the local bank account information.

Safari Magnus: Lagos --> Cotonou
Safari Benjamin: Accra --> Monrovia
Safari Mustafa: Banjul --> Dakar
Safari Steve & Santos: Johannesburg --> Maputo
Safari Gift & Ubochie: Johannesburg --> Maputo
Safari Gift: Johannesburg --> Harare
Safari John: Accra --> Abidjan
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You've got the wrong TV chef there, ramsey.
ramsey (didn't) wrote:
police traced the e-mail address and discovered that it originated from Nigella.

(yes, I know it is a local rendering of Nigeria, but it was too good to resist.)

They should be able to trace the bank account. Let's hope it's an accomplice and not an innocent mule. Unfortunately they will never get the lad himself or recover any of the money she sent. Unless the accomplice is a cousin or something, it is likely that he never met the lad and only knows him by his scamming names.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic