SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Michael jackson appreciation thread +RIP+

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Billie Jean
I don't know this song as I don't know much of his other songs. I saw him in person once, back when he was part of the Jackson Five, at a state fair, they hadn't yet made it big. (no comments about how old I am!) I did enjoy his work with his brothers, am not that familiar with his solo stuff, my impression is that he led a very sad life.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

redshoes17 wrote:
Quote:
Billie Jean
I don't know this song as I don't know much of his other songs.

You're shitting me??!!! You have to be about the only person on the planet who doesn't know that one or about the rest of his catalogue.

How can you have been alive in the 70s and 80s and not know his music? I wouldn't say that I was a fan but I can near enough sing every damn song he ever came out with. There's probably no other artist who's music I know so well (even if I'm a fan of theirs!!!).

No denying, the dude had a massive impact on music. He's easily up there in the Top 3 with Elvis and The Beatles.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
soylent green
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

His music hit my place around the time I was able to afford to buy cassettes. Groups like Boney M and Abba filled the music stores back then.

His falsetto voice and rhythm provided a logical progression from that. His music shall live on.

=
O
<|\/
|\
// s.t.
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

R.I.P.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Redshoes: Billie Jean performed live. Listen to the reaction of the crowd when he does the moonwalk.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Awe...................to be able to dance like that. Cool

I could watch all day.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For you, Corona: Compilation video of Michael Jackson Dancing

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, GF! Very Happy

I'll have to check it out later, as I am getting dressed to go dinner and dancing. Cool

I'll get some practice on my moves. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
El Sid
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYx3BR2aJA4

One of my favourate songs of all time OOOOOOOOOO!!!

Shake it, shake it, baby!!

http:// mar mighty industries. webs. com/ (leave your baiter/catcher address in the guestbook)

Martin Shen: "I am convinced that you will not betray me immediately.."

Mansa Musa Kamara: "...you resemble the son a one pussy sucker and I think my guess is right. Yes, your name is bastard...the problem now is that no one knows if the gods will accept your blood for a sacrifice. Bastard you are and bastard will you remain..."

S0L0M0N Bo@tang: "Thanks for your response. The content is painstakingly understood." - yeahh lad-pain!!
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My favourite MJ song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEU9Q8NlOiY&feature=fvst

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

blah wrote:
I just dug out an old MJ doll that I have still in the packaging.

I'm pretty sure it's value just quadrupled.

How right you are. E-bay has gone raving mad with MJ stuff. I don't know about E-bay america, But there's heaps of stuff on the Australian version.

A vinyl copy of "thriller' went for something like $220. CD's are fetching $40 and $50. Where-as before you where lucky to get ten bucks There is talk that the recording companies will re-release all his old stuff. Which will ensure financial independence for his children

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Madhatter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you can Garruantee his back catalogue will keep making money for years, his children wont need money, just a parent.
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well....personally I find myself to like everything including "Bad" but nothing after that...he simply went out off focus in my world.
I still have the Single (7 inch) of "Black or White", one of the last singles sold then, that was in 1991 I think, it was down to 50 Pfennig (25 Euro cents) and it´s still standing upright in my bookshelf at my parents´ today.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Kryall
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

edited comment in support of personal life situation -Ima

What a major loss to the world. This guy was extremely generous and passive despite all he was subjected to in his life, and was very talented to boot. I'm sure we'll never see an entertainer of his unique caliber again. RIP MJ.

BTW, did anyone like the songs from his last "Invincible" album?

Mrs. Vickie Barnes -- "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE.YOU ARE PARISH YOU ARE DESTROY .GRAVE SIX FIT SIX FIT SIX FIT.SOON SOON SOON.YOU ARE MINUS FROM YOUR FAMILY YOU ARE MINUS FROM YOUR FAMILY.AAH AAH AAH LOSE LOSE LSOE."

Mrs. Ego Mgbada -- "To be frank with you, I never expect that I mrs Ego will get these shits from you."

pony
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
@Redshoes: Billie Jean performed live

I don't think I've seen him on stage before. Suddenly I understand what the Presley lass saw in him.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kryall wrote:
BTW, did anyone like the songs from his last "Invincible" album?

I liked "Cry" and "you rock my world"

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You may be interested in this...

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167629&highlight=

Now who's Bad?

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love/d and had everything up until 'Invincible' which was released I think, almost ten years after his last album. By that time, I was into other artists and just kind of lost track of his music.

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
You're shitting me??!!! You have to be about the only person on the planet who doesn't know that one or about the rest of his catalogue.
///
No denying, the dude had a massive impact on music. He's easily up there in the Top 3 with Elvis and The Beatles.

i don't know much about his music either - he never made an album i wanted to buy, or hear twice.

his shows and videos were ground-breaking of course, but his music was forgettable [in my opinion].
yes, i know he had lots of grammy's and #1's, but that's a mystery to me [or a demonstration of the power of mtv].

in terms of influence i might put him in the same bracket as the beegees and the saturday night fever fad,
but no way would i put a song&dance act close to any of the 'top 3' [beatles, stones, elvis].
long term i think he may be remembered as a showman and for his videos, like madonna, kylie and britney.

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Heh. Not my choice to put him up there in the Top 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

If you take a look at the sales figures there, you've got Elvis and The Beatles with over a billion and then MJ coming in 3rd with 750 million. The only guy who gets close to him before the next figure drops by 400 million is Bing Crosby.
You've also got to remember that he holds the record for the biggest selling album of all time - Thriller.

Influence-wise you've got to take into account MJ's international appeal. There are very few artists who have broken into the musical markets everywhere on the planet - MJ is one of only a very small select few to have done so. Madonna, Britney and Kylie are total minnows in comparison. Go to Asia and Africa and you'll find a few people who might have heard of those artistes but mention MJ over there and everyone will know who he is. You could even say that he is bigger outside of the US. And really, what kid on this planet has never tried to moon-walk?

Personally, I've never owned one of his albums and he was never really my cup of tea but there was just no escaping his music. I can just about sing every track he ever released. There's no other artist whose music I've never bought that I could say that about.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
create
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I loved the musician when I was a kid....loved his music and still listen to it sometimes...I even play his stuff on guitar...Smooth Criminal etc

My thoughts on the man,it seems wouldn't be appreciated.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, create. We're trying to prevent all discussion of his personal life from either viewpoint.

@R2D2: I think some of how you view his impact on pop culture, etc is determined by your age. I have no idea how old you are but think that anyone who was near teenage years during the height of his career sees the impact a bit more personally. Of course, the stats Slightly quoted are relevant as well. My entire teenage years were in the 80's. His music, dancing, fashion, and videos drove popular culture for us. (Madonna had a similar impact but not to the same extent).

The video for Thriller was also groundbreaking in many ways.

N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a nice way to go .... so publicly for a guy who was so private when he wasn't performing.

However I have head the actual cause of MJ's death has been narrowed down by the medics. A spokesman said :-

Quote:
Don't blame it on the sunshine,
Don't blame it on the moonlight,
Just blame it on the boogie ...."

I've heard far far worse! Sad
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

N N N wrote:
I've heard far far worse! Sad

I have far worse on my mobile, the first text arrived before he was cold. If I shared them, I'd have to suspend myself.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic