SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Not sure what happened to my thread

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I’m not sure what happened to this thread. I started it and now it’s gone. I have not received a message from any moderator saying it was going to be deleted or any warnings from any moderators so I’m going to assume it was some technical glich.

If I did something wrong, please let me know. I’m going to have to assume I didn’t since I didn’t receive any messages from anybody

Also, doesn’t this forum software allow the moderators/admins to delete posts instead of whole threads?????

My comment “this might be my last post….” wasn’t a threat about me leaving because of what happened.

I wasn’t sure if I would be banned or not for starting the thread….

I am new to this forum but I am not new to forums. I was 1 of about 10 paid moderators for a corporate support forum for over 2.5 years. I spent over 40 hours a week reading through thousands of posts, responding when necessary, moving threads from one board to another, locking threads and posts, deleting posts as well as threads themselves. Warning members and even banning them. Then the “behind the scenes” stuff like working with other groups in the corporation in deciding which boards to include, which to lock or just remove. Tracking trends, complaints and reporting that stuff to the appropriate group. Then the economy changes and corporations make changes. I’m out of a job.

A forum is a community and as such, the members become friends who want to discuss and hear what others have to say. The moderators are the community leaders. But here we have a situation where the community leaders are not being neutral. Our leaders are posting their opinion but not allowing those who oppose to speak.

There was more than one member who posted something negative about that subject. These citizens were told publicly to keep their negative comments to themselves while the rest could say whatever they wanted.

If a subject is going to cause problems, like this one did, maybe it’s better not to let the subject be discussed at all. Yes, I know that Freedom of Speech doesn’t apply to this forum. Yes, the people who maintain the site can do what they want.

I promise I enforced this “rule” probably more times than any moderator on this forum. There it was “The Corporation owns it, we say what goes”. I understand this rule way too well. We had to decide what constructive criticism was and what garbage was. It’s really tricky. I know this rule, please trust me...

For the longest time I avoided forums, any forum. When you spend 8 hours a day doing nothing but reading posts, you get tired of it. Then I discovered this forum. Not only was the purpose something I supported but the members themselves were great. I’ve had a wonderful time discussing everything from scams to chicken fried steak.

I don’t want to leave…

But why can’t the leaders look at both sides. We’re not talking about who’s better, Manchester United or Chelsea / New York Yankees or Boston Red Sox

We talking about somebody who can be considered one of the most talented entertainers of all time by some, a loathsome pedophile who used his money to keep himself out of jail by others.. There are two valid and important sides to this subject.

The community leaders are held to a higher standard than the citizens. The leaders shouldn’t take sides, allowing one point of view (which happens to be their own) while disallowing an opposing point of view…

Again, my comment that this may be my last post has nothing to do with me getting mad and leaving. I’m worried that I’m going to be banned.

remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1) You aren't going to be banned
2) The old thread had gotten out of control in pretty much every way imaginable, in a way that you might not have seen. It wasn't your fault the thread was deleted.
3) I don't believe either point of view was being 'singled out', controversial posts on either side should be deleted, but a 'RIP' thread specifically and this entire forum generally is not the place to make your opinion known on Michael Jackson's personal life. Sorry.

This thread is probably going to die too, and that's probably a good thing. The subject has run its course IMO.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well said, remu. Thumbs up

The mod and admin team request that discussion of Michael Jackson's personal life and troubles, from any viewpoint (in defense of or in objection to) be kept off of Eater.

@Jack: The thread got very heated and was locked and then deleted. You also posted a variation of this same post yesterday. That was locked and ScamPatroller posted on it for you to please continue on the other (now gone) topic rather than to start another.

I apologize if you weren't notified about the deletion of the thread. That was an oversight. I believe the moderator who removed it assumed you had seen it. You'll not be banned for asking questions.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The leaders shouldn’t take sides, allowing one point of view (which happens to be their own) while disallowing an opposing point of view…

Don't assume that you know what my view is. In any event, our view is irrelavent to any decisions we make as mods, particularly when it's all kicking off.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Members please note that I am leaving this thread intact so that Jack Pump may have a chance to read our replies and respond. Should posts take any turn toward the direction of yesterday's thread, it will be locked immediately. Please be respectful of Jack.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by Ima Baeder on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackdaripper
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nicely said Roy.. It doesn't really matter what anyones viewpoint is.. Its a subject that has been asked not to be brought up.. That should be good enough Smile

Cheers

Pardon me while i go edit one of my posts..

Closed lad accounts

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
— Arthur C. Clarke
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Exactly, proprietary rights kick in here. I tried to post this on the last thread. For those of you who insist the U.S. 1st amendment counts in this matter is wrong. The Consititution is meant to be a document to establish rules for Government and Government only. The first ten amendments (aka Bill of Rights) are there to ensure against Govenrment controlling the people. What we have here at eater is simply a business entity. What happens on its pages/forum are up to the Owner,Administration,and the agents thereof (mods). Simply stated it doesn't apply here.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't got a clue what Jack Pump is trying to achieve here.

@ JP: You want to make a statement that MJ was a prick? Or are you just educating how 'real paid for moderating' is really supposed to be done, and teach the Eater mods a lesson? Rolling Eyes

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Jackdaripper
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Badger i get a kick every time i see someone on a internet forum claim they have any "Rights" Whatsoever lol The majority of people who do this are from the USA

your right of course .. On internet forums like this the only "Rights" a person has is those the owner says you have.. If the board owner says no one can use the letter A in any post he can enforce that rule any way he wants.. The same with topics etc

Sometimes i think it would be nice if the internet had specific "Rights" but in reality that would really only serve to stifle speech.. Considering how many trolls etc there are out there who like nothing more then to spam the hell out of forums etc.

To those people who complain about free speech etc.. Think about this just for a second. IF everyone was afforded the "Right" Of free speech on the internet (Or lets just say here) How long do you think it would take before this forum turned into nothing but spam? Or lads just cussing everyone out.. Or people posting Gotese or bathing-lady pictures 24-7 ?

Next time you don't agree with a particular forums or websites policy's think about that for just a second.

Closed lad accounts

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
— Arthur C. Clarke
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Dutch: Let's try to keep this polite. Wink

doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack Pump-please just let it die.No one really cares if you favor one team over another.But posts about politics and extreme controversial subjects are not allowed.My personal opinion of Mr Jackson is not favorable.But this is not the place to vent about it.Whether we like him or not,none can dispute his influence on popular music.I've seen some of your posts in "What Music are You Listening To".You and I are about the same age,and share some musical tastes.Suppose we started an appreciation thread for the music of Jerry Lee Lewis.While we were discussing his music,we kept getting bombarded with people who were tweaked about him marrying a 13yr old cousin.Before long it would degenerate into a flame war with nothing acomplished.The mods here are not in favor of pedophilia.They find it as loathsome as you or I.
I have seen forums where anything goes.It sounds enticing,but trust me they are no place you wish to hang out on.They resemble one long flame war,where nothing gets done,and everyone is pissed at everyone else.
The mods here are not perfect,but they do a pretty good job with a bunch of diverse,creative,slightly unbalanced individuals.You did nothing that any of them would ban you for,you just asked questions.
Please just let it die,no good can come from beating this dead horse.Hang around a while longer,and you will discover this is damn good place to be.
Not perfect,but what in life is?

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012

Last edited by doc holliday on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madhatter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ My hat is off to you, the most sensible contribution to this thread

This forum will have many diverse culture's and people, who only have one aim, to nail a lad, so who NEEDS controversial topics to start with.

If we start a topic discussing our own views on a person/subject, we detract from what this forum is about.

Closed lad accounts X 3
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack Pump wrote:

A forum is a community and as such, the members become friends who want to discuss and hear what others have to say.

I totally agree with that sentiment. And I am as opinionated as anyone on this forum. Just like you I have had many posts simply disappear in a puff of green smoke because a moderator disagreed. Piss me off - you betcha!

But that's the way the game is played here. The question of whether or not it is fair or democratic is irrelevant. That's life! I challenge anyone to give me an example of something that is "fair" anywhere in life.

Jack Pump wrote:

But here we have a situation where the community leaders are not being neutral. Our leaders are posting their opinion but not allowing those who oppose to speak.

You are totally wrong on this last point. It was decided that no negative comments would be allowed in that particular thread. End of story! The mods were simply enforcing a decision - not giving their personal opinions. That's what they do - you should know that by now.

JP - as I mentioned in my last post in the "disappeared thread", let it go man - there are so many other important things around here. Stay long enough and you will more fun than you ever thought possible.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Finally! Thanks, Corona Very Happy Very Happy Now, let's get back to 'bidness' or at least chattin' more about it Wink

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here! Here! Although would it not be grand if we could have the bathing-lady pics 24/7? (as per Jackdaripper) Laughing

I know save it for the pic...uh er PWT!

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I love you. Very Happy

doc holliday wrote:
Jack Pump-please just let it die.No one really cares if you favor one team over another.But posts about politics and extreme controversial subjects are not allowed.My personal opinion of Mr Jackson is not favorable.But this is not the place to vent about it.Whether we like him or not,none can dispute his influence on popular music.I've seen some of your posts in "What Music are You Listening To".You and I are about the same age,and share some musical tastes.Suppose we started an appreciation thread for the music of Jerry Lee Lewis.While we were discussing his music,we kept getting bombarded with people who were tweaked about him marrying a 13yr old cousin.Before long it would degenerate into a flame war with nothing acomplished.The mods here are not in favor of pedophilia.They find it as loathsome as you or I.
I have seen forums where anything goes.It sounds enticing,but trust me they are no place you wish to hang out on.They resemble one long flame war,where nothing gets done,and everyone is pissed at everyone else.
The mods here are not perfect,but they do a pretty good job with a bunch of diverse,creative,slightly unbalanced individuals.You did nothing that any of them would ban you for,you just asked questions.
Please just let it die,no good can come from beating this dead horse.Hang around a while longer,and you will discover this is damn good place to be.
Not perfect,but what in life is?

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

doc holliday wrote:
The mods here are not perfect...

Doc, please leave JMRazor out of this, he hasn't even posted in any of the threads in question. Laughing

Does the individual in question's life/death really affect anyone here on a personal level (ie. close personal relationship)?

What does affect everyone here is strong opposing viewpoints on certain topics, some of which are clearly stated in the forum rules, and some of which are determined to be no-no's on the fly.

We are all here to share ideas and information with the intent to cause grief, pain, frustration etc. to the lads. That becomes impossible when people become mired in ridiculous debates in which neither side will compromise one iota. "No one wins" is the best possible outcome. However, "everyone loses" is the more likely result and normally rational, intelligent and open minded individuals become irrational and resentful of those who would/will not accept their opinion as solid fact.

It disrupts the omnipresent supergalactic oneness of the forum and rather than focusing efforts on the lads, multiple members aspire to become permanently like SOOI. And believe me, nobody wants that. Shocked

I really have no idea what all that drivel I just posted means, I'm just here to suck up to Ima

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Jackdaripper
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a FYI.. what i said and what the forum censor changed it to are totally different things....

The subject is a bit gross and makes me want to puke even thinking of the picture. (Nuff said) kind of glad the censor bleeped it out because i wouldn't want anyone to google it and wind up loosing their lunch.

On a side note.. i am flattered (Not as in Flat) that someone mentioned my name Razz

Closed lad accounts

— Arthur C. Clarke
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:

I really have no idea what all that drivel I just posted means, I'm just here to suck up to Ima

Jose, my mentor, sir. <--- You used to make me call you that, if I remember correctly. I think the very first thread I ever started here was "Go ahead, call me a suck up" thanking you for your excellent mentoring. Laughing

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gold Hat wrote:
Just like you I have had many posts simply disappear in a puff of green smoke because a moderator disagreed. Piss me off - you betcha!

A good example - actually I've deleted posts of Gold Hat's that I 100% agreed with. Smile
But they were still political.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
I've deleted posts of Gold Hat's

Yeah, dude. But not enough of them.

I, on the other hand, can't ever remember having one of my posts deleted.
Probably because they're so good.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Nurse Nasty
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fortunately this is a internet forum where we've ousted that silly democracy crap and replaced it with something that works. Gold Hat, stop whinging! Very Happy

No-one needs to take this too seriously. We remove stuff all the time. Nothing personal, just keeps all the rubbish in one place. Plus some people really do say the darnedest things and live under the assumption they have a point to make. There are more important things to worry about. Like, what do I do with my red leather MJ outfit? I can't wear it without being mobbed.

Smile

vv Nasty Predicaments vv
Porno-Lad
Musa Crocodile
Comic Lads

Starstarstarstarstar Easter Egg 2012
GoatPurple FlowerMc FryGolden PithGolden Pith
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nurse Nasty wrote:
some people really do say the darnedest things and live under the assumption they have a point to make.

That's a little unfair, NN. That was a damned fine cookie recipe I posted there, and now it's been deleted. I can't re-post stuff from a deleted thread, or I'll get banninated. So nobody will be able to make the most excellent cookies in the whole world. Crying or Very sad

Wink

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What kind of cookies? Where can I get the recipe? We enjoy a tasty cookie at our house!

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic