SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

quick question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leonidas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

how quickly is too quickly to respond to an email. If i respond to fast will the lad get suspicious, or if i take too long he will think im not serious.
KnottyPine
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As long as you do not send more than one email to a lad in a day, how quickly you respond should not make that much of a difference. The idea is to drag out the bait as long as possible. Ask questions (but just one per email). If he sends you a file, tell him to send it again because it won't open, etc.

And, as always, bait safely.

Why is it so difficult to receive money from you.I am having a hunch that you are delibrately making it difficult for me.I want you to remember all the problems you have put me through from your first bank transfer to the second one to our London account to this very western Union that you sent more than a week ago. You are putting me through all kind of stress just to receive money from you.

kindly please for God sake re-send it again in a proper way

you are making things so complicated for me...i can no longer condole all this stress you are making me pass through

Your are so honest i like the way you act.

you are playing games with me, but I still want to beleive in you because I have no much choices right now.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The way I decide when to reply is to ask myself, 'What would my character do?'

If my character believes they have won the Lottery - then they answer as soon as they see that mail. Which might be within seconds (if they are the type who sits at their PC half the day) or that evening (if they work full-time).

If it is a business proposal, or something possibly not-quite-legal, they think about it for a day or two before replying.

If they like penpalling, and this appears to be a would-be penpal (eg a Romance Lad, or a Refugee), then they will write the same day, or the next.

If it is a charity appeal, they might wait several days.

Basically: how urgent would this email seem to your character? What is their lifestyle/other commitments? Are they nervous that they might 'miss their chance' in this deal? Or are they a bit suspicious or undecided about it?

My characters usually reply fairly quickly (same day) at first. After a week or so, they slow down to next-day replies. Once it gets onto the Send Money stage, their lives get busier, and their emails fewer. After two or three months, they become most irritating, and have periods of ignoring several Lad-mails in a row.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How long is a piece of string? All lads are different and have different tolerance levels. If they think you are likely to be too much like hard work they will drop you fairly quick, especially lottery lads, who have a particularly low tolerance level in my experience.

What I do is to act fairly compliant to start with and reply promptly so that they feel confident that you are not just a Gmail jokker yanking their chain. Once they have invested the initial time (and minimum effort). Then I let things slowly unravel. through no fault of your own things don't go according to the lad's plan. I always apologize when I ask them a question...."Sorry, I'm not familiar with Western Union.. please explain. The money is here waiting to be sent." Always keep the money carrot dangling just out of their reach.

At worst they drop you. Plenty more fish in the barrel, sadly.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It can also be fun to reply instantly for a few days, maybe a week. Have them get used to that. Then, when things get exciting for the lad, stop mailing him for a few days and then send him a mail telling him you had an accident, family member died, pet died, you got sick, internet broke down or whatever you can think of.

It's more than likely that in the 2-3 days of not mailing the lad has sent you several panicky e-mails and spent quite some time F5'ing his inbox Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic