SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Android v. iPhone

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talking about mobile phones, not Alien v Predator....

For the last couple of years I've been using an Xda Orbit linky. It's been a wonderful gadget, the mobile internet & gps have proved invaluable, as have the regular pda type applications.

Recently, it's started to behave erratically. Switching off without warning, resetting clocks & alarms & generally being a bit unreliable. As my current mobile contract is coming to an end, I'm looking for a replacement. As an avid Apple user, the iPhone would seem to be my obvious choice, but I'm not too keen on the tarrifs being offered. So I've also been looking at Android phones, specifically this. I'm not too bothered about the camera, I keep a Canon compact handy if I want to take pics.

Wonder if anyone's had any experience with either? Heart says iPhone, but head says Android. Input welcome.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Something I came across recently, that put paid to any inclination I had to get an iPhone: it wont run Java, or any other application that allows it to run any code not downloaded from the Apple site. That includes the Commadore-64 emulator someone wrote for it.

[rant] Apple got big on the back of the Apple II, because it had a well-defined software and hardware interface. It was the PC of its day, and IBM succeeded because they followed the same model. Unfortunately, nobody at Apple seems to have understood that. Ever since then they have been paranoid about locking up their hardware and software as tightly as possible to prevent anyone producing anything for it unless Apple gets a cut. As a result they have kept control of the hardware, which IBM failed to do, but at the expense of sales volume; nothing they produce will ever be anything more than a niche product. [/rant]

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ive got the 3g(s) it has both flash and java.

And no i wouldnt bother going and buying it. If i hadnt been given it, i wouldnt bother.
over priced, over hyped, and if you follow the gps, over the river!
Its strong for video/images and with a 18/24 contract and something like 200 quid plus, its simply not worth it. get the much cheaper 3g version with the new software java problem solved.
(edit steve jobs illness has afected him in strange ways, you can now get softcore items from the apps store, dont bother tho with those either, lads send better images.)

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm leaning more toward the Android, but one thing puts me off a little - apparently bluetooth only works with headsets. The Orbit uses Windows Mobile 6 & won't sync directly with the iMac, but I've got some software which will allow me to back up contacts etc & it works really well with the mac's bluetooth. I hate messing with usb cables - I always seem to lose them. Sad

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic