SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newbe misstakes?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shamelless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi ive just sent my first response to a scammer. The scam is a love scam with a girl from russia called "Lilyia" from the town of Kazan.

Ive started scambaiting now because at my work ive started to get alot of these and they are REALLY annoying, and ive had enough. Also ive been to these forums earlyer and laughed my ass off!

But what i want is some tips on the most common misstakes the first few scams. Hopefully based on your personal experiences.

In advance thanks Smile
Parachute
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Shameless, if you need guidance I would say that you should apply for the mentor program. See http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306
Shamelless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh nice, il check it out!

Still if there are some classic misstaces id like to know them, unless that is covered in the mentor program to that is. But i would like to try to do this on my own the first time to see how it goes.
Parachute
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Then you should read certainly the tips on the website, and also the FAQ:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413

And there is also the scambaiting help hints and tips forum:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12
Knid
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Shameless, the first and most important thing you need to do is to bait safe. This means never providing any real life personal information. You also might want to look at what your IP says about you and make sure you are OK with that. There are email servers that strip your IP address, gmail and fastmail come to mind.

Everything Parachute said and:

Read the stickys and take a look at Eater U.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51

Being new to baiting you should focus on the straight bait until you are familiar with how the lads normally operate.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147262

Start your baits slow and simple. Ask the lads relevant questions based on what they have sent you. Only ask one question per email and only email them once per day.

While you are waiting for a mentor feel free ask for help here. There are loads of experience, creativity and lunatics floating around these forums.

Have fun and be safe.

Bait safe, read the stickys. Oh great now I am one of those people. What happened to me? Barf!
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Shamelless and welcome to Eater!

Spending some time at Eater U is a good thing, especially reading about PAYMENT DELAYING MODALITIES.

I think one of the biggest mistakes new baiters make, besides rushing to make a payment, is writing too much too soon to the scammers. Delay, delay, delay when at all possible. One (maybe two) simple questions per email and only one email per day. Especially before the lad gets off-script.

Unless there is something spectacular happening, like an on-going safari (but sometimes not even then), there is little reason to rush emailing the lad. He can wait. That is part of what we are trying to do. Wink

And if you are interested in Romance baiting, reading the stickies in the LOVE / DATING SCAMS FORUM will really help. Vlads are a bit different than your average lad. They are much harder to get off-script. But there are excellent examples of baiters working with them in that forum.

Very Happy

Edited - Vermicious Knid said so much of what I just said and even better! I just took longer making my linkys! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with all the above, but I'll also tell you my Newbie mistakes:

1. My biggest mistake was displaying too much knowledge about their country/culture/politics. They didn't like that.

2. 'I'll come to your country immediately,' didn't go down too well either.

3. Asking questions they could not answer (unless they were really who they said they were), was another Instant-Drop thing. I'd say now: only ask questions that they have easy answers to. If you can't invent a suitable answer yourself, nor can they, so don't ask it in the early stages (eg first month).

4. Mentioning that they hadn't answered my questions and/or commented on my interesting observation of life. That is fine once they have trust in you, but don't do it too soon. Just take everything they say (including their ignoring your carefully-written mail) as normal at first.

5. Having 'silly' reasons for giving no phone number. I know many people get away with that (and so do I, now: my most successful character has a huge tale about her deafness; and my second-most successful character has an equally long tale about why he doesn't have a phone line to his property), but it takes some subtlety to work that into your whole persona. For a beginner, I would have done better to simply say, 'I don't have an international phone plan.'

6. Saying the obvious. Yes, of course I know that those photos are all model-poses, not snapshot-poses. Of course I know that the average West African or Russian has opinions on lots of issues, and doesn't just want to talk about money or love (or, occasionally, the weather). But it no good mentioning it. They want a victim, not a smart-ass. In Real Life, it is rare that even a smart person is smart when they are being flattered, or spoken to by official people, or when there is a carrot-on-a-stick (love, sex, money) in front of them. I needed to learn to 'think like a victim', not the smart-ass I like to think I am.

7. Worrying too much. In the beginning, I worried so much that I would say something wrong, blow it all, fail. But the long-timers here are right: there are a million more Lads and Vlads out there. Mess this one up, and you gain some knowledge about what works and what doesn't, and can do much better next time. Unfortunately, there is a never-ending supply.

I'm ridiculously serious, and very possessive of some of my baits, and secretive about some of my characters, and I want this bank account, and I'm so aiming at a one-year bait with one Lad; oh yes, I want to hang onto them alright. But I've learnt I need to find the right ones. Some Lads and my characters just will not get on. It's a bit like dating: you've got to find a suitable match. Whatever scam they are running, whatever character I'm playing, there has got to be a point of contact, a gelling, a liking of each other, for it to last. The rest are disposable. Honestly. Every mail they write, they are not writing to a real victim. If one Lad/Vlad keeps on writing to you, that could be one victim saved. But if 50 Lads/Vlads write just the one email to you, that could be 50 real victims they have not written to.

Eventually you'll find some scammers to keep going and going with. For the rest: keep a sense of proportion and the awareness of why we are doing this - every mail to you, is a mail less to a real victim. And it doesn't matter whether or not they reply to your response. Just go and find another one to distract, if only temporarily.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Shamelless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive already spent some time at the tips forum and university forum.

This is the first mail.

fra: "Liliya" <[email protected]> tirsdag - 16. juni 2009 21:08
Til: My real mail.
Emne: Hello from Russia!
Vedlegg: Mime.822 (1689 byte) [Vis] [Lagre som]
Hello my friend!
I hope i can name you "my friend"?
My name is Liliya.
I live in Russia in the city of Kazan.
I applied to the acquaintance office "Favourite heart" in order to find
my love.
I hope that this office will help me to meet my love and a man of my dream.
I plan to cteate a heathy friendly family with a serious man who would love
and protect me.
If you are alone and want to find a loving woman you will write me
and we can associate with each other.
If you are interested in my life write me on my e-mail: [email protected]
I answer you and send you my many photos.
I am a beautiful and intelligent woman.
You will be happy to learn me.

And my ansver was this

Hi Liliya!

I was very surprised and glad when i opened my mail at work a few days ago.
There was a mail from you, and yes you can call me your friend as i will call you =)

So how are things in kazan?
Here where i live at Norfolk Island its very hot these days. And boring i must say,
there arent to many that live around here so im quite lonely some times.
But when i got your email i got interested, maybe this could be a new acquaintance i said to my self =)

I would like to hear more from you, and be glad to answer any of your questions.

Your friend Jim Taylor =)
---------------------------------------------------------

She sent this to everyone at the shop where i work. So i felt free to pick my first character - Jim Taylor!
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Be sure to write detailed responses to vlads. They love that.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Shamelless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive gotten an answer!! and i must say, this girl is beautifull.. or the model on the pic is Razz And she writes:

Re: Thanks for the warming e-mail!‏
Fra: [email protected]
Sendt: 25. juni 2009 12:36:56
Til: Jim Taylor ([email protected])
3 vedlegg
4.jpg (65,8 kB), 2.jpg (151,7 kB), 3.jpg (63,3 kB)

Hello my new friend Jim!
It is very pleasant to me to receive your answer, I very much hope, that our acquaintance will develop further and we shall find out more about each other. My friend I am tired from loneliness and consequently have addressed in Russian firm of acquaintances Favourite heart. The firm helps to people to find love in the Internet. So I to find you. My name is Liliya, but my friends to name me Lilya. You can name me as you have more to like. To me of 29 years. I live in city Kazan, studied at the state university, on a speciality the bookkeeper. Now I to work the manager in firm on sale of the sports goods. I hope that to us will be interesting to have dialogue. Certainly I to understand that in the Internet it is difficult to find true love. But if we relations to develop well then we can speak and plan our meeting with you. In the beginning of July I shall have a vacation on work. Then we can organize our meeting. I repeat only if we shall have good relations in the Internet. I had bad relations with men in Russia. Therefore I wish to get acquainted with the man from other country. Excuse for my bad English. Now I study English language. I send my photos. I hope to you it is pleasant. I the beautiful girl and to have it is a lot of admirers in Russia. But I do not wish to have family with Russian the man. I never before to have family and to not have children. I think it enough for first our dialogue. Later I shall write more about myself and in detail to tell about my work, my family and rest. I hope ours relations I shall have continuation, can be in a consequence to us will know us pleasantly.
I shall wait your warm letter.
Your friend from Russia Liliya.

Now my first bait begins!
Shamelless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh forgott the pics!! How do i put the pics into the post?
pabrro
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a newbie myself I find it very hard to slow down on the baits. That said, if I go too slow I will lose interest and then it is not fun and that is why I am doing this.

I would say...keep in mind there are unlimited lads and vlads out there and if you blow it with one there will be a lot of chances try another tack. Any time wasting you can get your lad to do is a positive for our side. Have fun.

Off to a good start!
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shamelless wrote:
How do i put the pics into the post?

To post pictures on Eater, you first have to host the pictures somewhere else, like a Photobucket account.

Here are the directions for posting pictures: *** PICTURES FORUM MODALITIES & TIPS ***

Remember to put something like 'Used by Scammer' or 'Fake' across the picture or documents so a scammer can't come by and re-use what you have posted.

Basic fake documents and the such get posted here: Paste your passports, RSOT's and starter kit stuff here

Exceptionally good (or bad, depending on your definition) can be posted in the Pictures forum: PICTURES & VIDEO

Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Shamelless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As i said this girl is REALLY stunning! To bad she is used for scamming :S

junebug
flumpted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the glimpse of the matching red panties. She looks like she'll make a wonderful wife. Good luck!

"THAT IS PUTTING MY ASS ON FIRE,AND I WOULD NOT REALLY LIKE THAT."
"Your Full…Name.
Your full...contact Address.
And also with your Defecation ID.."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
travelbunny
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
I love that the name on her necklace looks more like "Rachel" than Lilliya!

Love that lads are so dumb!!!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
As a newbie myself I find it very hard to slow down on the baits.

Oh, me too! But I impress upon myself my character's response. Do they work? Then they are absent during working hours. Do they have children? Then they are absent for a few hours more. How important is this communication to them? If they are helping someone; if they are rich and the money offered is (relatively) low, then it might not be too important. If they, however, are a woman/man in love, then they will squeeze in many emails during all their free time.

What would my character do?

And how much Lad-time are you wasting? My own greatest fun was when I had three different characters all having emotional problems in the direction of one Lad for two days. I logged the times of all mails back and forth. We started at 6.30 in the mornings, and continued until the early hours of the next mornings. For two days he would have had no time at all to write to anyone else. That felt like success to me. It wasted as much time of his time as a small safari.

One of my Lads who have been writing for 6 months writes twice a week. In six months: that is about 52 emails. That is nothing compared to a Lad whom I only kept for one month, but who wrote me 200 emails in that time.

I prefer to measure my 'success' in number of off-script emails written. Or hours on YIM. Or special activities (forms, photos, even actually going to and reading a link I have sent) performed.

I still want my one-year Lad. I have 10 months guaranteed, I know. But he only writes, in brief, every two days. Is that really as successful/time wasting as the Lad who writes to me (at length: he was a typical scam, but now we've apparently fallen in love) every 3 hours every day ... even if he doesn't make it to 4 months (and I already feel I'm pushing my luck)?

You decide.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
reno419
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing I found when I first started, I wanted to do it all! I wanted to get everyone of those suckers and bad. I had four or five baits going and I got burned out on it. I took some time off and now I'm going to go at it one at a time until I get a better handle on this.

Reno

Agent 86
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

reno419 wrote:
One thing I found when I first started, I wanted to do it all! I wanted to get everyone of those suckers and bad. I had four or five baits going and I got burned out on it. I took some time off and now I'm going to go at it one at a time until I get a better handle on this.

Reno

Good to know Reno, I'm playing 2 vlads and keeping 'coles notes' for both. You may want to try that.

All the same it is getting pretty complex and I hope Sherrie finds me a mentor soon. Till then the delay stories are lots of fun.

Max

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic