SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

About NOT killing E-mail accounts.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kallepromp
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, i know it's normally a NO NO-thing.
Even if "pro-baiters" see that those accounts are fake, a victim can fall for certain names on a weak moment.

Like "FBI-Investigation911@hotmail/live/gmail.com" and variants of that
For me it's not logical to not try to shut email accounts like that, even if they are baited by fellow baiters.

Are there any good reason for not to kill those mails?
-Exept ruin a ongoing and funny bait?
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh my! Such a volatile subject! Laughing

Can I refer you to this thread instead of posting my opinion?

Closing lad accounts - good idea or bad idea?

I do believe it is more than just ruining a bait. There just is no real point to closing free email accounts.

And then for some laughs, to review a very spirited debate and some totally off-topic remarks:
Reporting free web mail accounts

Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

because they can be followed more easily if their email adresses don't go up in smoke. Scamwarners and AA419 do excellent work in this respect, and advanced, competent baiters can seriously damage a lad's works. Of course this relies on them being visible.

Plus if they get their email account bombed, it takes 5 minutes to make a new one. it really does them more good than harm.

Vanity domains seem to be fair game, forcing scammers to use webmail addys makes them less convincing.

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is FBI-Investigation912@hotmail/live/gmail.com any less believable? Because as soon as you shut down one addy they will open another.

Then any Google hits on his original address, that might have given the odd victim a clue, will be worthless.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
kallepromp
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for the links DoraTheExplorer Smile

At least the first one.. the other was a "useless" cat and dog fight.. Rolling Eyes

Well, i guess it's up to the mail-providers to update their filters "create a bad-word-list" and not accept registering certain names.. *FBI* *Police* etc..
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ agreed, the first one was very interesting - thank you dora.
it's actually a complex issue - more complex than i realised when i read the o/p.
i'm inclined to sit on the fence and agree with the o/p of the thread that dora referenced [his/her opinion became clear later in the thread].
there is another relevant thread <here>

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are both welcome.

And you're right, it is a complex issue and I can see both sides to the argument. But ultimately, it is better and easier to just let the scammers' email addies live then to try and kill them.

And it is one of the few things Eater does take a firm position on. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic