SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ethics Question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This concerns those fake bank account sites that ask for banking information including the PIN. I know the first thing I need to do is report it immediately, before doing anything else. But, I’m wondering if it’s considered ethical to mess with the lads while it’s being shut down.

By messing with them I mean just entering random numbers in those fields. If you enter just a bunch of random numbers, the odds of getting anything valid are astronomical.

Account number – There are 9,999,999,999,999,999 possible combinations
Security Code – 999 possible combinations
PIN – 9999 possible combinations
Expiration Date – 120 possible combinations (that’s assuming they’re giving you a 10 year range to choose from)

So, to determine how many possible combinations there are for just those 4 fields, it would be

(Account Number) x (Security Code) x (PIN) x (Expiration Date) =
9,999,999,999,999,999 x 9999 x 999 x 120 x =

And that’s not including the fact the name you give is crap to begin with.

So, I find a fake bank site, the very first thing is to report it and get it shut down. That is the #1 priority. But, once I report it, how about going back and just start entering garbage until it’s shut down. Hopefully the lad is copying all that information or printing it or doing something with it. He’s wasting his time of course, it’s all bogus. I have time to give him 10 or 20 bogus accounts to waste his time.

So, is this considered ethical according to this forum rules?

Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think it's really covered in our rules, as those mainly concern baiting behaviour. This is, in fact, just spamming his database. You could also search for an automatic form-filling bot that does all the work for you...

Personally I think this would be a waste of bandwidth (and my time!!) and wouldn't bother, if you simply report it to the ISP it will get closed down fast enough...

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the advice given by such tools as the Lad Vampire, wasting bandwidth is just plain in-effective. Go with the commonly accepted method of reporting fake sites.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack Pump wrote:
This concerns those fake bank account sites that ask for banking information including the PIN.

Phishing sites? We aren't concerned with them. Nothing unethical about messing with them, but it isn't really what we do.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These aren't Fake banks, as we use the term. There is no ethical argument I have ever heard against doing what you are suggesting. If I remember correctly, there used to be a site that was supposed to do what you suggest, phish-food or something. You gave them a site address and they did the rest, although there was some question whether they did in fact do what they said they did.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you talking about the fake bank sites that have a "register" link? Either way, it's probably not worth your time and effort to bother.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The phishing scammers generally use the banks they are spoofing to verify the information.

Phishing scams victimizes many truely inocent people. It is important to report these as fast as possible to the hosting ISP and the bank security to minimize the danage they can cause.

Killing phishing scams is not anywhere near as much fun as baiting.

p.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's effective and useful though, all good work to be doing.

Don't forget to put it in the "fake banks" section of the site so we can have a nose round, and we'll watch it burn.

Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to bury phishers with false data, just go to http://phishfighting.com/.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ thank you for that link.

but phishfighting is up for sale now as the owner says he cannot devote time to maintaining it.
is this an activity that 419eater might want to move into?
i'm not suggesting we buy the site, but the concept can probably be replicated easily

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic