SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Tina buy car, Mike sends check, Luz gets money . . .

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
augsburgin81
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Suspected scam currently directed at me:
"Tina" contacts us (via email) about a car for sale, but she has to go thru a relay for the hearing inpaired (via email???? - I've worked in Customer Service and know the hearing impaired are perfectly capable of emailing . . . ). She says she will buy for $4000 and send me the money with extra to wire on to the moving company in Florida (Luz Aponte) once her check clears. I get the check for $7000, 4000 for me, and 2800 to be wired to WU to the moving company and they will arrange to come get the car and transport it to Michigan to 'Tina'. The other 200 is for the fee plus my troubles. The check is not from 'Tina', but from a Michael Lowery of Lowery Computer Products Inc. out of Michigan (check #299 . . . awfully low number for such a big company in Michigan . . .). I am in contact with Luz Aponte, the 'representative' for the moving company (he's on my Buddy List at the moment (EBaino1 - AIM) and was freaking out that there might be a problem with the check . . . imagine that . . . lol). He wanted to know why I couldn't just deposit it as he always deals with Tina and her checks are always good - the movers are coming thru my area in a couple of days, picking up 2 other vehicles, and can pick my car up. I told him until the check clears my bank (never deposited it as my bank saw the check as suspect as well) as well as "Tina's". I called the bank the check was for and they confirmed the account and the funds were there. The check itself is believed to be a counterfeit. I am keeping all emails, chat logs, etc. to see how far this guy thinks this will go. Perhaps someone with authority will actually care about it and want the details for further investigation.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The best place to go with this right now is www.scamwarners.com. They deal with helping victims spot scams and what to do with the information you have. When you go there, post the emails (including the header if you know how to find it), with all your personal details removed. The good folks at ScamWarners can tell you a lot about the scammer from the information in the emails and headers.

BTW, welcome to Eater! Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

augsburgin81 wrote:
Suspected scam currently directed at me:

100% scam. And a very common one. The scammer is likely to be abroad, and there is no mover. Je's probably using a check mule (another scam victim who believes they have a legitimate job issuing checks) in the US.
There's little or nothing the police can do.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic