SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I need advice again

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I’ve got a lad who wants to use me as his post office. I’m supposed to have items shipped to my address and then later ship them to him. I know this is a scam. He’ll be using my address to ship items purchased with stolen identities. Then I’ll ship those items to him in someplace like Nigeria.

I need advice on how to deal with him.

jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does he want you to pay for the shipping and then send you a check to reimburse you?

If so, its' just a fake check scam and he could care less whether or not you send the items, he will just overpay for shipping and have you WU the difference back to him.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's goods that were paid for with stolen credit cards, you shouldn't let him ship anything. If it goes to a drop box, it will put the box at risk because it is illegal to receive stolen property. If you have them sent to a fake address, you'll be wasting the courier's time, and the merchant, credit card holder, or issuing bank will most likely suffer losses.

Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like I said, I’m 100% sure that he’ll be sending merchandise purchased with stolen credit cards. He needs an address in the US to ship the items because the credit card company or whatever business would flag anything going to Nigeria or wherever he is.

He’s not asking me to put up any money. He says he’ll front the money. He said he travels and needs somebody to receive merchandise for him.

I’m not about to have him send me anything. I’m not going to give him any real information.

I want to know if anybody has any ideas how to mess with him, how to string him along and keep him replying, trying to get me involved…..

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like a 'middle man' deal to me. It's a recognized MO - they acquire credit/debit card numbers, then charge gift certificates to that account, purchase merchandise and ask you to receive it and then send it on to them. They're basically laundering stolen money via 'stuff' because when they receive their shipment from you, it's sold on the black market and converted back to cash.

I'm also curious as to if/how he wants you to pay for the shipping, and will it be actual goods? By that I mean, can he describe them?

I'm still a newbie, but my advice would be to get as many details as possible. This MO doesn't sound Nigerian to me.

BTW, we Texans are proud of our state! Smile

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless you can figure out a way to get him off script, I think his patience will be thin.

Tell him you have an idea to make some real money. Tell him you're neighbor is a biker/drug dealer and you know where he keeps a load of cash. You want to steal it, but you need a way to get it where no one will find it. That's where your lad comes in... or some other such nonsense. Very Happy

jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack Pump wrote:
I want to know if anybody has any ideas how to mess with him, how to string him along and keep him replying, trying to get me involved…..

Have you been baiting him for a while or are you still at a point where you can get him to explain it great detail exactly how this will work:

Exactly why does he need you to ship things to him?

If he travels, could you meet him somewhere with the goods? You travel a lot as well, right? Wink

And what exactly is in this for you? He cant expect you to do this for free can he?

How will he pay you for your role in this?

When will he pay you?

How much will he pay you?

Ask one of these questions per email and don't proceed to the next until he explains it to you thoroughly. Just pretend like you have no idea that he is scamming you and really want to help him, but you want to know exactly what you need to do.

As long as he thinks you are trying to work with him, he will not likely drop you.

EDIT >>> beaten by TheFae and luckey Embarassed

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
This MO doesn't sound Nigerian to me.

Unfortunately, it does. Love lads try this on vics quite often. They say they are business men out of the country - could she please receive things sent by his supplier who won't ship to Africa, and then resend them to him? Confused

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had a couple of these - they usually pose as Americans on business in Australia or somewhere. Although I did get one this morning that claimed to be an Indian art gallery owner who needed people to ship art from the US for him.

The couple that I tried baiting aren't interested in anything but their stolen goods.

As the others have said - don't try getting stuff shipped even to a fake address. If the authorities decide to investigate they could track it down to you.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jose Cuervo,

I’ve only sent two responses. I don’t think he’s going to get too involved because of the risk associated in his scam. He’s either going to trust you or not. I’m sure that the more questions I ask and the more I try to string him along, the more suspicious he's going to get. Think about it, he’s got to trust somebody enough to actually send him the stolen merchandise and not keep it. If somebody does that he’s not going to lose money but he’s going to make any either.

He claims to be some sort of businessman who’s currently in Australia. In fact, he owns an art gallery there. (I have no idea why owning an art gallery would add any sort of confidence) He says he’s not going to be in the United States until next March, that’s when we’ll meet for the first time. That gives him almost a year to send/receive stolen goods. I’m sure he would never even think of crossing into the United States.

He says he’ll pay me $500 a month to receive and send packages and letters. These would be electronics and computers mostly. He even said I could open the packages if I wanted. He said he’s going to front me any money so I pay for nothing.

I don’t know how he wants to get started. This is where I’m afraid I’ll lose him. He’s going to want an address either to start sending the packages or send me money. I’m thinking about giving him a really fake address, something like

[b]425687 Hiney Blvd
Anustown, West Carolina
27015[/b]

The street, city, state and even the zip are all invalid. Once he discovers the address is fake he’ll just quit.

P.S. I love your beverages Mr. Cuervo. Well, I used to. Several years ago I made a HUGE mistake and went to the doctor who told me I have diabetes. I had to stop consuming your tequila along with other fine beverages. I stopped going to doctors since they’re always doing things like that. “Stop drinking, stop smoking, stop eating so much red meat, stop smoking that agricultural product…..

jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack,

If you lose him, you lose him. Nothing you can do about that. He may be unbaitable but you'll never know unless you try.

If you've only sent 2 responses at this time, he's probably not ready to drop you just yet. I doubt that he has a long line of vics waiting to help him with his mail scheme.

I would email him as if I had no clue that his proposition was a scam. A real vic would certainly have some questions regarding his plans. IMO as long as he thinks you are trying to work with him he will keep going. The trick here is going to be not playing too stupid or too smart.

The longer you stay in contact with him, the more you will learn about him. If you want, I'll team up with you on this one and we can see where it goes, I've never baited one with this modality before, so I might actually learn something. Smile

luckey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jack Pump wrote:
He’s going to want an address either to start sending the packages or send me money. I’m thinking about giving him a really fake address, something like

[b]425687 Hiney Blvd
Anustown, West Carolina
27015[/b]

The street, city, state and even the zip are all invalid. Once he discovers the address is fake he’ll just quit.

Yes, you will lose him when he tries to ship. If a package did somehow go out, the merchant, card holder, or issuing bank will lose.

Tell him you're moving in a few days because your lease is up, but you haven't found a new place yet. You can stall on that for quite a while.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic