SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Twitter / Iran

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I opened a Twitter account a while back, and have never used it. A friend sent me some Twitter links, of people sending updates from inside Iran. I now find Twitter useful. Instead of the typical "I'm trimming my toenails" I am finding topical, up to the minute information.

I don't want this to turn political, but I find the situation in Iran fascinating.

For those interested, I am following..

#mousavi1388
#iranvote
#iranelection
#iranelection09

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Help them out if you're twittering back:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arasmus/3633461254/

Change your location and timezone.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is from the Washington Post. Twitter realizes how important it is to stay online during working hours in Iran.

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Social networking service Twitter delayed a planned upgrade to avoid cutting daytime service to Iranians who have been using it to coordinate protests against a disputed presidential election.

Iran's top legislative body on Tuesday ruled out annulling the disputed presidential poll that has prompted the biggest street protests since the 1979 Islamic revolution but said it was prepared for a partial recount.

Websites such as Twitter and Facebook have become a focal point for young, urban Iranians opposed to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who defeated Mirhossein Mousavi in Friday's election and whose government controls the state media.

Twitter Inc said in a blog post on its site a network upgrade had been planned for Monday night in the United States, which would have cut daytime service in Iran on Tuesday.
ad_icon

"... Our network partners at NTT America recognize the role Twitter is currently playing as an important communication tool in Iran," the blog post said. NTT America is a subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation of Japan

The hourlong maintenance was moved to 5 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, corresponding to 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday in Iran.

Twitter is a website that allows users to post messages of 140 characters or less, known as "tweets," that can be seen by other users who choose to follow them. Many users post messages from smart phones allowing information to spread rapidly.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I don't want this to turn political, but I find the situation in Iran fascinating.

I agree and have been watching things unfold. Sad

Loads of videos are also being posted on youtube.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is interesting to see how different governments are trying to crack down on these types of systems and the old adage of "The pen is mightier than the sword" is alive and well!

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:

Loads of videos are also being posted on youtube.

It got nasty today. Our media just isn't able to show what's going on over there though. Those videos are just about the only link that the protestors have with the outside world.
Watching some of the Western media, it's almost as if they're mouthpieces for the Iranian regime. For example, right now France24 is reporting that the security forces are firing into the air to avoid confrontation. It's easy to find videos which totally contradict this statement though. And they're not the only ones, CNN and the BBC have reported a bombing at Khomeni's mausoleum, although this seems to be propaganda started by the regime to tar the protestors as terrorists.
Thank God for the internet.

Twitter #iranelection is linking a video of a teenage girl shot by a militia. Very graphic, very powerful and very disturbing, in the coming days it is probably going to become the iconic footage of the uprising and will be used as a historical reminder as to just what the Iranian regime is capable of.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic