SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First bait effort (work in progress - help wanted)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pykor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

Just joined after reading a few threads, and laughing a lot at the trophies.

Dug through my spam in my normal account, found a lad that wants to split $15M with me. I set up a new email account and "replied" (changing names a bit) to his offer.
Here's how it's gone so far (hints and a mentor welcomed warmly):

Original post from lad:
Quote:
Dear <mangled name>,

I have written an earlier mail to you but no response.
In my first mail I mentioned to you about my late client who deposited some fund with a Bank here in UK before he died in April 2003.
He bears the same surname with you.

Since his death I have received several letters from the Enlish Bank where he deposited the fund before his death,
to provide his next of kin or any of his relatives who can make claim to the funds before the end of the year or the Enlish Bank will
be left with no option than to confiscate the consignment and turn the money back to the state. As it has been marked unclaimed for 6 years.
I have conducted my personal search to see if I can make contact with any of his relatives but without success, it is in the course of my effort
that I have to contact you.

I have closely checked and since you bear the same surname with my deceased client it will be better to present you as the next of kin
and the right beneficiary of the funds in the account. The total sum left in the account is $15M (Fifteen Million United States Dollars)
I will provide you with all the necessary legal backing that is required until this money is paid out to you, and then we shall share it base
on our agreement.
Do respond quick if you are interested or should you need further clarification because we have no much time left.

Thanks and God bless.

London United Kingdom.

I replied:
Quote:
Dear ,

I must admit I'm surprised to get your mail. I do have some family in the UK, so I'm not surprised that my surname appears there.

Who was the person that passed on? I hope it was not actually one of my relatives!?

I have to say that another $15 million would be nice, as it would pay for a very nice wedding for my granddaughter.
I was going to sell some of my business assets to cover it, but this will do nicely.
I really appreciate you taking the time to track me down.

Best regards,

Austin, Texas

He responds, forgetting my "name":
Quote:
My Dear,

Greetings in the name of God and Thanks for your urgent response to my email. As I told you in previous mail, my deceased client, Mr. Abel has been on my firm's legal retainer ship service from the 24th September, 2001. In his assessment form he did not introduce any family living with him at that time in the United Kingdom, Only a part of his business and his Philippines origin. My firm has been representing him and his business in legal and allied matters up till the time of his death.

I want to let you understand that this is a deal, my client may not really be your relation but bear the same surname with you but what is important is for you to show interest and provide me with your information then I will present you as the next of kin with proper proof and back up.

I have written a letter to the Bank informing them that a relative of my late client has enquired about his estate and it's ready to make claims on them and the bank has no problem with that so long as I present the person with proof and legal backing.

For us to proceed on this send your full name, your office and residential address, Telephone and fax number..

On the sharing formula I do not want to sound greedy, since both parties are playing major role in this deal, let it be 50/50%.

I will furnish the procedure involved once I get a feedback from you on this response. You can reach me on my direct telephone

NB
You can call me on the above number for me to clearify you

My reply to his generous offer:
Quote:
Dear ,

I am relieved to hear that the deceased is not my relative. I have no-one named Abel in my family.

How will we be able to convince a UK bank that I'm Abel's next of kin?

I have heard that UK banks have the most rigorous security checks in the world, far stricter than those here in Texas.

I understand that this deal is in a legal grey area, so I will trust you will keep this confidential?

The details you requested:
. This is both my home and office, as I work out of my home. A restaurant I found in google

I recently took my old fax machine out to the ranch and shot it - it was old and caused me many problems, so I had to get rid of it. I find that I don't need it anymore these days, with the internet and email.

I have no telephone, as I've been mostly deaf for about 30 years - they never told us that firing shotguns could damage our hearing, so both me and my brother are practically deaf. He's still a better shooter than me, sadly.

Stay well,
Lando

It was quiet for a day, then:
Quote:
This is matter of trust, sincerity and understanding. Attached is the Memorandum Of Understanding binding us together. Read through it, carefully point out your observation and comment on them if you find any and endorse your column. Thereafter send back to me and keep a copy to yourself.

Once I get the signed Memorandum Of Understanding, I will immediately forward the application draft and all information you need to know about the deceased and the claim. God be with us.

He attached a fake legal doc, with a space for me to sign.
(Should I post it for you to look at? It's a jpg)
I need a tip on what to do next, so to buy time, I sent:
Quote:
Dear ,

I'll have my lawyer take a look at it, and will get back to you soon.

Regards,

I want the lad to do some work here, not me, so how can I turn the tables and get him working?

EDIT: Did some masking

Last edited by Pykor on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi! Welcome here, apply for a mentor that always helps.

Please post the fake legal document, they're always a laugh.

If you want him to do the work, have him explain everything over and over again. You have read the form thoroughly (don't, it'll hurt your eyes Wink ) but don't understand what it's all about, will he explain? Make sure you play dumb but gullible. Let him think you want to handle this deal as fast as possible and whenever he accuses you of slowing down this transaction tell him it's him who's slowing stuff down because he's not explaining things properly.

Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
My address is 801 South Lamar - Austin, Texas 78704, USA. This is both my home and office, as I work out of my home. A restaurant I found in google

That's not the right thing to do; restaurants count as Innocent Third Parties.

That aside, it's not too bad; as MoP said, take it slowly and carefully - and remember, whatever goes wrong, it's the Lad's fault.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Pykor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Master of Puppets wrote:
Hi! Welcome here, apply for a mentor that always helps.

Please post the fake legal document, they're always a laugh.

If you want him to do the work, have him explain everything over and over again. You have read the form thoroughly (don't, it'll hurt your eyes Wink ) but don't understand what it's all about, will he explain? Make sure you play dumb but gullible. Let him think you want to handle this deal as fast as possible and whenever he accuses you of slowing down this transaction tell him it's him who's slowing stuff down because he's not explaining things properly.

The form:

Thanks for the hint - I'll ask him to explain it after my "lawyer was away on business" - after all, I trust the lad with 50% of $15M!

Razz
Pykor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yastreb wrote:
Quote:
My address is 801 South Lamar - Austin, Texas 78704, USA. This is both my home and office, as I work out of my home. A restaurant I found in google

That's not the right thing to do; restaurants count as Innocent Third Parties.

That aside, it's not too bad; as MoP said, take it slowly and carefully - and remember, whatever goes wrong, it's the Lad's fault.

I didn't think it through, obviously.. thanks for clarifying.
Could I put police stations, parks or landmarks as addresses?

Smile
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's strange that he would send an ununderstandable memorandum of understanding. In addition to that seems to be with more than one of himself, as he can unanimously agree to stuff and you are being referred to as their Foreign Partner

Edit: masked name to protect your bait.

Edit2:
Pykor wrote:

Smile

Nope, the police is an ITP too. As far as parks or landmarks go, you could of course try that... but do they have full addresses? Go to http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/index.php?c=uk&gen=male&n=us to create a fake name and address (if you already have the name, just use the address Wink ) it also gives fake phonenumbers and bank accounts Razz

Last edited by Master of Puppets on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome!

You may have landed on your feet here - your lad quite possibly *is* based in the UK, his number looks like a real mobile number not just a straight redirect. You may wish to PM a mod in case they know of anyone attached to UK law enforcement, an arrest may be possible. In the meantime, play it very straight (don't rush for a trophy) and keep evidence of your dealings with him - especially if you can record phone calls?

It's a slim chance, but we can either get him in front of a webcam or in legal shit with luck. Where does his IP address resolve to?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Master of Puppets wrote:
It's strange that he would send an ununderstandable memorandum of understanding. In addition to that seems to be with more than one of himself, as he can unanimously agree to stuff and you are being referred to as their Foreign Partner

Edit: masked name to protect your bait.

Edit2:
Pykor wrote:

Smile

Nope, the police is an ITP too. As far as parks or landmarks go, you could of course try that... but do they have full addresses? Go to http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/index.php?c=uk&gen=male&n=us to create a fake name and address (if you already have the name, just use the address Wink ) it also gives fake phonenumbers and bank accounts Razz

That link is great! I'll use it for future baits (and maybe with this one..)

Police are innocent, too? Ok, I'll be nice to them. Smile

Hmm.. maybe I'm about to move house.. Wink
Pykor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Welcome!

You may have landed on your feet here - your lad quite possibly *is* based in the UK, his number looks like a real mobile number not just a straight redirect. You may wish to PM a mod in case they know of anyone attached to UK law enforcement, an arrest may be possible. In the meantime, play it very straight (don't rush for a trophy) and keep evidence of your dealings with him - especially if you can record phone calls?

It's a slim chance, but we can either get him in front of a webcam or in legal shit with luck. Where does his IP address resolve to?

I checked the IP on the original, and it's in Nigeria, so the phone must either be a redirect or a UK partner. Maybe I can make him go on a safari?

Wink
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ No need to quote full posts in your reply Wink And you can simply use one post to respond to all other posts above you. For example:
Quote:

@MoP: That link is great! I'll use it for future baits (and maybe with this one..) .......

@manbiteslion: I checked the IP on the original, and it's in Nigeria, so the phone must either be a redirect or a UK partner. Maybe I can make him go on a safari?

Makes topics look a lot more readable and if everybody sticks to it it'll also save the server a lot of datatraffic (and thus a lot of cost)

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If its a redirect its not one I'm familiar with, so it may cost him money for the second leg, which would be rewarding Smile I'll research further on my list of codes/services/rates. If he does turn out to be uk, I'm prepared to go to lengths for an arrest!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a mobile number with O2, so I'd say it was unlikely to be VOIP or redirected. Maybe the lad has an accomplice in the UK. If the lad on email is different from the lad on the phone it might be possible to tie them in knots.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

O2 means its textable for free via their website I think. I hope nobody else thinks of visiting the o2.co.uk website and working out if they can send a message for free to that device (possibly requiring registration)

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
@MoP: Thanks - it's been a while since I did forum posts, I'll try to keep my replies brief Smile

@manbiteslion & thud419: If you want to help me play with the lad, I'll appreciate it. Want to be my nephew/niece/business partner in the UK?
We might be able to figure out if the UK number is actually a real one?
It'd be great if I got an arrest off my first bait! Wink

I'll email the lad back in about 24h, tell him that the lawyer is out of town (lad will probably heave a giant sigh of relief) and ask him to explain the form in painful detail.

BTW - Did anyone appreciate that I took my fax out and shot it? Razz
Pykor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, so being that it's morning in the USA now (who cares that it's Sunday?), I "called my lawyer", then sent this to the lad:
Quote:
Hello again ,

I tried to call my lawyer this morning to get him to review the document, but his office advises me that he's out of town for a while.

As you are an attorney, would you be so kind as to explain what the form is about?

Thanks for your help.

Get to work, lad! I'm an old man that needs things in a simple to digest form.. Razz
Pykor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lad responds:
Quote:
Good day my dear, the form is nothing but an AGREEMENT that will be binding us as partners which you should sign as I have done so and you are free to make corrections if needed. After you have signed it will enable me to file your letter of claim to the Bank here where the fund s deposited.

What I need is you to sign and scan the letter and send it back to me as soon as possible, as you can see that there is no much time for us in this transaction.You should not excercise any atom of fear as I have done all the necessary enquiries before contacting you and I am here to give you all the legal backups that will be needed by the bank.

I will not fail to let you know that this transaction is my family`s future hope though I have not informed anyone even my wife that I am living with. I have been my late client family lawyer even since before his sudden death, therefore I am staanding before the bank now as your family lawyer. Really it has taken me time to build my name to the level it is now and will not stand to blank it neither will I ruin yours, let us do this fast as it will need sincerity, confidence and understanding from both of us to acheive this goal. Please sign and scan the letter keep one for records and send the other one to me.

Hope you have my telephone number, you can call me so that I will clearify things better to you.

How can I get him to explain point by point of the agreement?
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You should not excercise any atom of fear as I have done all the necessary enquiries before contacting you and I am here to give you all the legal backups that will be needed by the bank.

Hi all, I'm a fresh newbie, so forgive my training wheels. I'll read the forums for now in order to get my bearings, and am very much looking forward to pitching in. These sort of emails have gotten my goat for a while now, and I want to learn how to fight back. If anyone would have time to mentor me, I would be most appreciative. I take it I'll need to set up a separate account (my thought is gmail), but isn't that an obvious sign to the person(s) on the other end? Yes, I read the FAQ, and will do so again, I'm just anxious to get started 'cause my spam folder is overflowing with moronic junk. By my recent tally, I stand to inherit at least 3 billion by now... Shocked

BTW, "any atom of fear" just cracks me up. What if I experience a molecule or something?! Laughing

Thanks!
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome TheFae Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@TheFae: Well.. They seem to mistrust gmail addies a bit sometimes. But then again, loads of people I know use gmail as a their real personal addresses, so why wouldn't a real victim?

Welcome!! Very Happy

Pykor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lad sent a followup:
Quote:
How are you my dear? wish to know if you received my last email sent to you yesterday. If yes I am stillwaiting for your reply.

I replied with:
Quote:
Hi ,

First, why do you call me "my dear"? Is that a common way to address a letter in the UK?
Here in the USA, it's strange to address a business contact this way.

Second, I think you should send me some further ID, so I can trust that you are an attorney. My own lawyer here in the USA has never needed this kind of document from me, so what exactly are we agreeing to?

I look forward to seeing your ID and proof that you are indeed an attorney.

Thank you,

Pykor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lad replies, seems worried about my attorney:
Quote:
Dear ,

How are you? I believe that you are enjoying a good condition of health which is the most important aspect of life.
I address you as dear as a sign that I have taken you as a close friend and brother because this transaction involves a huge sum of money and for us to achieve our common goal, we have to work together as a family with utmost trust, confidentiality,sincerity and maturity.

The agreement is supposed to be a binding document stating the conditions that we are working on in this transaction. Find attached copy of my passport and you should endeavour to do your own part and let us move forward.

Note that we have to very sure of what we are doing before we proceed and you should maintain this transaction with 100% confidentiality to guarantee both sides security even after the successful conclusion of this transaction. You should stop involving your attorney as that is third party and it bridges our agreement rather if there is anything that you do not understand, feel free to ask me and I will clarify you.

Waiting to hear from you.

God bless you and grant us his mercies through this transaction.

Here's what he sent me:

Pretty sad... any suggestions on what to tell him next?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic