SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone ever been to Russia/Urkraine?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do they import a lot of items with English writing on it, like say party hats that have "Happy Birthday" printed on it?

I recently got some pics from a vlad and found this to be a point of interest. This pics are from a birthday party, and the pointy hats are printeted up in English instead of Cryllic. I'm not trying to be Englishocentric either. Vlad apparently had a b-day party with realtives and the mom (who looks the same age as the vlad) is an accomplished Japanese cuisine chef, who made sushi for the party. The pic of the sushi looks like it came from a menu...

but my real intrest is those darn hats!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in Moscow and St. Petersburg last year. While I did not see any party hats or similar items, I would be very surprised if any would be printed in English. Nearly every bit of writing was in the Russian Cyrillic alphabet including the exterior McDonald's signs. The exceptions were imported goods such as electronics, cars and clothing designer labels, and in heavily visited tourist places such as the big museums and palaces. Even in the popular tourist places, the English signs were very minimal or non-existent. I would be highly skeptical of those English language Happy Birthday hats. Finally, I never saw any sushi restaurants in Moscow or St. Petersburg even in the newer and fancier areas.

Cachuma is going to Russia at the end of June and perhaps may be of assistance. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164995

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I visited Bulgaria a few years back, and stayed there a few weeks. Not exactly Ukrain, but close enough. From what i saw in the big cities english language was wide spread. Most signs were both in english alphabet as in Cyrillic. Also in the shops you could find normal, imported stuff, all in english. This was in the big cities. On the countryside those became much more rare, but if you looked well you could still find some stuff.

I don't remember seeing birthday hats, i wasn't quite on the lookout for those. According to me, it CAN be possible, just rather unlikely.. I mean, would YOU put up hats that had a writing in a different alphabet?
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No I would not...for the exact same reason I will never get a tattoo in Chinese or Japanese characters. One of my favorite jokes is to go up to someone with said tattoos and ask them if they know what is really written on their skin (I usually make something crude and derogatory up, then smile). Hey! I can ask her why her party hats say , X rude comment! I've been telling her I am a practitioner of a little known hobby called buggering (yes I know what that is) involving insects and rapid collection of same. I have not broken the script barrier yet though. I hope to work to trophy photo with sign "I like to bugger!" Twisted Evil

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The sign might also come back telling you to bugger off

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope, it shouldn't as she knows I was at the National Bugger Off last weekend! Laughing

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you considered the possibility they are stolen pictures?

We have seen 'russian' girls sprawled on beds with US type electric outlets in view in the picture.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

с днем рождения

http://www.robertoquaglia.com/foto/immagini/2006/2006-03-25-Moscow-0366.JPG

quod erat demonstrandum

Wink Laughing Rolling Eyes

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Stepan - I don't doubt for one minute they are not her and are possibly stolen. Thanks for the tip on the outlets I will once-over the pics again.

@ Kate - no speaky Rusky...babelfish sez... - is that your birthday party?

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

I was there for sure.

Rolling Eyes

Maybe we could have a comp.

Guess which Ruskie-bimbo could be an Eater member?

The best thing about babelfish is that I can post here using comprehensible and easily understandable words and phrases, imparting wisdom and knowledge, whilst passing flatus in Russian and wafting it westward for your delectation.

Laughing Cool

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic