SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

On the BBC today - It's old news to us

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Auction sites, fake shipping, scams. And the BBC call it news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8090559.stm

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The Metropolitan Police say 21,000 fraudulent sites were shut down in the UK last year.

I find that a bit hard to believe. Niot sites based in the UK anyway.
And a bit misleading to suggest that all such scams involve fake websites.
EDIT I've contacted them about the article.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
spot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The accompanying video is now up (UK viewers only ... I think Sad )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8090795.stm

This is the example site that they refer to:-

http://btdworld.com/uk/index.html

EDIT ... I noticed that 'music man' has sent a compliant report over at aa419

http://forum.aa419.org/viewtopic.php?p=165622&sid=636868f13ed0c244bffa11fbf2074b09

GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
UK viewers only ... I think
Seems ok and I'm out of Europe Smile

Purple Flower
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

21000 fake websites shut down last year! They make it look like thats down to Old Bill! The only way to get these sites shut down is to write the report yourself! Thats what we do over at aa419.org ( and in the fake bank forum here)

If you want to really fight scammers then you can't do better than going over to aa419 and signing up and asking for a mentor.

PS- nice spot Spot Very Happy

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

music man wrote:
If you want to really fight scammers then you can't do better than going over to aa419 and signing up and asking for a mentor.

While you are very right in that, music man, we do do some of the same things right here in the FAKE SCAMMER BANKS & SITES forum here at Eater too in cooperation with AA419. Wink

And I was able to see the BBC news article also and I am in the US. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dora

I started my fake killing career here on Eater. Just finding new sites mainly, but that evil Artemis insisted I go fulltime over at aa419.

Nonetheless its a big shoutout to all fake sitekillers both here and at aa419

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Ahhh, Artemis is evil like that, isn't he? Wink (And who let him go on a vacation anyways?? Laughing )

AA419 is filled with great and wonderful people. I am glad that we work together! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
spot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this dead now ?

http://btdworld.com/uk/index.html

Or is it just timing out because (perhaps) so many people have treid to access it since it's mention on the BBC.

(Once it's confirmed I might drop the Beeb a note about it before the Met. Police claim credit for it)

Quote:
The Metropolitan Police say <strike>21,000</strike> 21001 fraudulent sites were shut down
Smile

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't be certain what has happened as all I have received from the hosts, NTT, is a standard "thanks for your mail, we are looking into it" type mail.

The site certainly looks dead from here.

spot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I noticed that they have changed the video to this one now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8090559.stm

Its now about:-

Quote:
The BBC's Fiona Trott on how to spot fake adverts [Ecrow Web Sites] for cars

Basically you look for discrepancies in the street address, spelling mistakes in the text and then phone the telephone number quoted on the site to see if you go to voice mail or get a strange sounding message.

I suppose it's better than nothing Fiona.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic