SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ethics of ScamBaiting - Ramifications of having Been Scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Agnes Finke
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The ramifications are indeed far reaching.

I am still dealing with the after effects of having been suckered in to the Romance Scam.

Now...I wouldnt be so stupid.

At the time...I really thought a bond of love was being established between two people who were communicating with no barriers involved.

We couldnt see each other. So no self consciousness. We were just sharing our hearts together.

But soon I began to feel confused. Distressed. Sad. And then had difficulty sleeping, eating. I became a bit of a mess.

I asked my Nigerian 'lover' and go no straight answers at all. Just the run around.

It is my rule of thumb that when there is confusion...there is a problem..somebody is not telling the whole story...

I opened my heart to this guy about the situation. More confusion. Then he started telling me about his business. The expense of it.

Warning signs lit up all over.

I am almost over it. Most days are fine. I wonder how I could have been so stupid. I got out early enough so that no real harm was done. But some days I still miss him. And wonder if he may have indeed been sincere.

So...it is a very real problem. Innocent, well meaning people are being hurt by this nonsense.
CarlisleNinnymuggins
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know one tool that we often promote here is our sister site www.scamwarners.com

If you're still having problems dealing with the emotional effects of having been targeted for a scam, we can help you here, but they are a great resource as well -and a far sight better at it I'll reckon. (you'll even find some familiar faces Very Happy )

That having been said, one fun way to move on is to make the pissant as miserable as possible. THAT we most assuredly CAN help you with. We are the best after all Wink

I'm watching your other thread, we'll get to the bottom of it, and you're right, you're very fortunate that you found us when you did.

"Please hurry up with this transaction as I am out of funds"

"Carlisle,WOW WOW WOW WOW,Do you know my age?am 80 year plus" -Joe Jackson

Closed lad accounts x4 Nurse Nastys Audi TT<<Nowhere near as many as luckey.

Do not DARE click this link
e6ffdyr0
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a sad story Crying or Very sad

It is cynical that people talk to each other about hope, love and trust without really meaning it.

But that does not mean your dreams are wrong. And it is god to read, that your burglar alarm was on guard and protected you from further harm. Thumbs up

As long as he has your Real Life details, better stay away from revenge or whatever your anger might tell you - at least from your real e-mail account. If you want to pay back to those bastards, just read the stickies and join the bait ... Cool

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was just wondering whether A.F. might be your real name...please ask a mod to change it for you if this is the case. The less you can be found on the internet, the better it is.

About the main topic, the "sharing our hearts eventually for nothing else than emptying my wallett" is as sad as despiseable Evil or Very Mad

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so sorry this has happened to you. Sad

I strictly bait love lads because of this. It is the emotional after effect to the victim that is so heart breaking.

Of course you miss the 'person" whom you grew so attached to.

They seem so nice and are always there to talk to you and listening to you and make you feel so special like no one else has before.

I totally understand what you are feeling. I really do.

Unfortunately he was not real. It is his job to make you feel special and like the only one in the universe who he has ever loved.

At the same time he has dozens of other women he is doing the same thing to, and they all think they are special to him.
Every single one thinks that maybe he really does love her and she is special to him.

His pictures aren't real, his personality isn't real, his love isn't real.

He is a professional scammer, and he has to make you feel that way to get money from you.

To make you feel sorry for him, to make you feel guilty if you cant help, to have control over you and manipulate you with his sweetness.

They make me sick.

When you lose money , you can get over it, but when someone gets in your mind and heart it is not so easy to get over.

It is the realization that everything you believed was a lie. It hurts so bad.

I understand how you feel and if you need to talk you can PM me. Wink

Quote:
I wonder how I could have been so stupid

You will get better with time. It was never ever your fault and you were not stupid.
You were trusting and loving and he was a professional liar that knew just what to say and do. You were never ever stupid. Ever.

"why are you stingy over me" Craig
"you are causin me much frustration" Frustrated lad...
"stop makin me feel like mess and shit" Craig
"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
" shot the fuck up you silly irrational bitch" V1ctor
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Click here to support 419Eater.com
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True. Sad
If you gave us his email address(es) and other contact details (better over on scamwarners than here), I wonder how many Google hits this might lead to...

EDIT Found your other threads, seeing this has already been taking good care of Smile

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013

Last edited by FrumpyBB on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can also recommend www.romancescam.com for support - they have a lot of people in your very position, and you will find them very supportive. I'm glad you got out before it was too deep, and am sorry for your natural sense of grief

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Agnes Finke wrote:
I wonder how I could have been so stupid.

You weren't stupid. Not by a longshot. It's human nature to behave irrationally and ignore things because you desparately want something to be true. This is especially the case with matters of the heart-no emotion runs more deeply than love. The phrase "love is blind" means many things, and you unfortunately found one of the meanings out the hard way.

The last thing you should be doing is blaming yourself. The fault is the bastard crook who did this to you. He abused your trust, respect, and emotions just so he could steal your money. It is his fault for doing this to you.

Agnes Finke wrote:
And wonder if he may have indeed been sincere.

It's hard, but you have to let it go. There may have been a few small half-truths, but nothing was sincere. You were one of many 'magas' to him that he was only interested in stealing money from. Right now, the only thing he misses from you is the lost opportunity to steal your money.

"...i consider your delay/silent to be constitutionally wrong, illegally untenable, technically illogical and professionally dangerous..."
"... it is understood and believe that delay is a mother killer to financial investment."-An0ml3z3 G0dw|n
El Sid
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heh AF!

I don't know any awful lot about 'love' scams but I know how they work and they are utterly - utterly dispicable. LegolasGreenleaf has pretty much taken to words out of my mouth.

May I say though that these forums walk some of the most beautiful people in the world and above all - welcome to Eater!! Smile

http:// mar mighty industries. webs. com/ (leave your baiter/catcher address in the guestbook)

Martin Shen: "I am convinced that you will not betray me immediately.."

Mansa Musa Kamara: "...you resemble the son a one pussy sucker and I think my guess is right. Yes, your name is bastard...the problem now is that no one knows if the gods will accept your blood for a sacrifice. Bastard you are and bastard will you remain..."

S0L0M0N Bo@tang: "Thanks for your response. The content is painstakingly understood." - yeahh lad-pain!!
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I too am sorry for what happened to you. It is because of the damage that scammers do that fuels many of us to bait the rotten criminals and scoundrels. Evil or Very Mad

Takd care of yourself and don't be hard on yourself for the tirckery that ensnared you.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
tazmanian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AF, I've come to the conclusion that all human beings are capable of doing very unwise, irrational acts at some stages in their life, usually when they are feeling vulnerable.
As another poster said, you may have been fooled but that doesn't mean there aren't good people out there, including the right one for you, if you haven't found him yet. You just have to be more catious in your approach Smile

"If this is a game you are pulling with us please stop we are not such people you have to be playing games with." - Mr. Charn Sophonpanich
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic