SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My friend is beeing scammed, please advise

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
Using the IP adresses I retrieved by tracing the emails I sent her, I got different geographic results using different sites. That's why I'm asking if anyone has got a good suggestion.

IP addresses usually tell you only which country the sender lives in. Mine resolves to a town 50 miles away, where my ISP is based.
The police could get my address from the ISP, but the general public and scammers couldn't.
Two different IPs could mean the the scammer is for example, emailing you from home and from work.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Joaquin, knock it on the head, if you can't post without being confrontational or argumentative in every post, stay off the f*cking topic.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Tastysnack: I do not agree with some of your opinions either, but as the Mods have requested I have expressed my opinions in a civilized manner, only using some sarcasm at times, which does not contradict respect for others. So I would appreciate you do the same and refrain from using offensive names to refer to me, or to anybody else for that matter.

And @mr Jazz: I am going to take for granted that this not being an emergency, will not be handled after hours. But I hope we hear what the Police has to say tomorrow morning.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
M@$h3dP0t4t0
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The IP address has been served as a proof that she is not in Oslo, right?

Could it be that she still is connecting to her internet provider while travelling? (mobile phone+laptop / blackberry / etc?)
You might say you see the IP "moving" but can't that be just the inaccuracy of the IP trace? [Edit: Uhm yeh, like Mr Tambourine Man pointed out already... Embarassed ]

Dang, I thinks too much... Needa recharge my brain cells (Yes, I got two of them Wink )

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I may have read it wrong, but my impression is that Mr.Jazz is asking why a single IP will trace to different locations with different tools, not saing that her IP is changing.
If that is indeed what you were expressing, Mr. Jazz, you are correct, this does happen.
I usually use this one: http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/ but it may not necessarily be more accurate than any others.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Kermit
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Enough with this going to the police nonsense. I am curious to find out what this bitch scammer is up to. Let us play detectives by ourselves right here on Eater. We can do this.
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@MrJazz - did you offer to meet her in Oslo, for example tomorrow? You seemed to think it was a good idea but didn't follow through with it.

As long as you make the meet time less before she could get from S America to Oslo then she would have to do one of two things: throw in an accomplice or refuse.

For the others who didn't read the sggestion when it was first made, there would be NO intention of actually meeting.

Purple Flower
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem right now is that she seems more or less unreachable. I get her to read my mails, but she does not respond to them. That's why I haven't done it yet. I will however, write it in the next mail. Seems she doesn't take the contents of my mails to seriously, nor does she feel the need to respond to them, but it's worth a shot.
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I went to the police station. Explained the whole situation. I was simply told to send all the emails with tracking info and the one I got from her. He also noted the name and location she has told me. Well, we know that the location appears to be right, based on the ip adresses.

Anyway, didn't seem like they were going to investigate a whole lot, at this point. He did say, however, that he was going to place the info in the database, in case the name or information should show up in an other case. It's good to have it registered there anyway, in case things should start to develop further. He told me to take contact if anything more should happen

I sent her an email asking her if she was okay, since I'd heard about an accident in Oslo including a bunch of tourists. She opened it, but alas, no response.

Will do the "will you meet me in Oslo"-attempt now.

Edit: The claimed "accident" in Oslo was my invention. Just wanted to see if she kept up the lying by saying something like "yeah, that accident was horrible, but I'm okay".
e6ffdyr0
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@mrJazz

from what I read I get the impression, that by now you do not intend to take the money any longer. Do you still trust in her story? It sounds like you have at least strong doubts.

So what is driving you right now? If I were you, I would be something like curiousity and perhaps the will to revenge for sleepless nights dreaming of the big $$$.

We cannot know, who this DreamGirl person is or what her intentions are. But this uncertainty embraces the possibilities that she is criminal, insane, under pressure, sadistic or cynical. She has your Real Life data. I am scared, because what I know is, that we cannot know what such a person is about to do, when she is dissapointed with you for one or the other thing. Imagine things dont work out the way she intended and she becomes Exclamation Evil or Very Mad very angry Evil or Very Mad Exclamation.

It seems you are lucky and she has dropped you, because your mails indicated that you are not too cooperative. But chances are, that she comes back. Or a friend with a story about a lost kidney or what not.

A local proverb reads "tips are taps, too" - meaning that any unsolicited advice or councel can be taken for a slap. So I will not give any advise.

This is your life, your decision: Stay out of trouble, play things safe? Get into trouble, have thrilling experiences? Act prudent and have both safety and thrill in you life?

@Kermit
Personally I like to investigate things, too. But the risk is high, as the scammer got the RL details of the vic. I suggest to leave this one to the experts (the local authorities and the bunch of mods who run this place).

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

e6ffdyr0 wrote:
I suggest to leave this one to the experts (the local authorities and the bunch of mods who run this place).

we just let them think that, it keeps them out of trouble Wink

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@MrJazz

Is she still willing to reply to messages you send her on the dating site?

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
whajushappen
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It's good to have it registered there anyway, in case things should start to develop further. He told me to take contact if anything more should happen

Hey, what a great idea, now why didn't I think of that...

Thank you for starting the documentation mrJazz, you wont regret it.
Its a good idea... especially in a case as complicated as this one.. Confused
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
Anyway, didn't seem like they were going to investigate a whole lot, at this point.

That's the usual police response. That's not a criticism. They're under resourced, and investigating scams committed in foreign countries is difficult if not impossible. And you haven't been defrauded, so there is no crime.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Lakefield_Dave
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
I was simply told to send all the emails with tracking info and the one I got from her. He also noted the name and location she has told me. Well, we know that the location appears to be right, based on the ip adresses.

Anyway, didn't seem like they were going to investigate a whole lot, at this point. He did say, however, that he was going to place the info in the database, in case the name or information should show up in an other case. It's good to have it registered there anyway, in case things should start to develop further. He told me to take contact if anything more should happen

Odd, they didnt also caution you about following thru and actually meeting with Dreamy?

From the above it seems like they almost expected or encouraged you to see her... Shocked

"The e-mail was noted,and i want to say go to hell with you and your fucking" Ken K

"your e-mail was nominated by our fun and fortune bonanza machine base on
wrong segment" M. Cl4ck

"TAR MALADE IT WILL NEVER BE GOOD FOR YOU YOU PIG BENZONAL GRAZZY RABUBUK MAMULER F*CKING BEACH" O. G00day
BurntOutDragon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All the best, Mr.Jazz.

Last edited by BurntOutDragon on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I should say a few words. It seems that we have come to a dead end, at least for now. She's not responded to the mails, and frankly I've lost interest in the whole deal. I feel like I've wasted way to much time and energy in this, and, frankly I've got to concentrate somewhat in my "real" life as well.

Just to clearify. I am not interested in meeting this girl at all. That's what I basically told the police, and therefore the claimed "meeting" in Oslo was not an issue. They didn't need to tell me what to do, as I gave them a clear impression of my opinons and thoughts. She's a liar, and her motives therefore can not be good in any way. She could've told me the truth without "losing" me, but she chose to lie, and I discovered it, so there goes that. I don't deal with liers and I don't want anything to do with them.

If she tries to win me over with any stories, and asks me for help in any way, it's probable that I will confront her with what I've found out. Every new lie makes me more irritable really, and I've had enough. If however, she claims to be traveling to Oslo with the money, I might play along, and contact authorities. Because I'm pretty sure they will want to talk with the person that shows up with a shitload of cash in a certain location, when there are signs indicating that this isn't legal money, like she has claimed it to be. I will not show up however. I'm not wasting money or time by traveling to Oslo to meet a person I don't want to have anything to do with.

She hasn't responded my emails, and therefore it seems pointless to keep sending more of them at this point.

It could seem however, that she's realizing that I'm not as easy an target as she initially thought. And that could explain her increasing absence. It seems to me as if she's got cold feet.

I might not be posting much here in the future. I will check in from time to time, but not as often as I have done lately. If she should take contact, I will notify you all. I'm not so sure that will happen, though. So thanks for all the advice I've gotten. It's been really helpful Smile
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Jazz
I hope you have made some private contacts from this site you have a good comfort level with should things change or you decide to share more information.

Eater has some greatly talented - if twisted - members. If a select few had all the information on the Brazilian Girl they would be able to determine in short order what the real story is.

FWIW - after the first few posts in this thread my radar was in Troll mode. I was wrong.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
SpiderPig
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz, it may not be a good idea to confront someone you think may be a hardened criminal, even over the phone.
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i don't really understand the advice to go to the police with this.

the police are there to solve crimes, and no crime has been committed - yet.

going to the police with concerns about this business is asking them to do due diligence on the matter.
and i suspect the police will say that is not there job.
at best, they will will probably tell you to exercise caution, and not get involved if you have doubts.

the advice 'don't do business with someone you don't know' is always sound,
and i think you don't know this lady well enough to proceed.

jlc419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - removed full quote of post directly above - SP

Actually, depending on the laws a crime may have been committed; conspiracy at least. Merely because an act has not been completed does not mean a crime has not occurred.

Finally, if you believe a crime may be in progress or is being attempted going to the police is a reasonable action; they can decide the next steps. In this case, simply stopping contact may be their best advice to the potential victim; and the police can decide what they want to do next, if anything.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MrJ, thanks for the update, we'll probably see you next time you pop by. Do feel free to join us baiting though, it's a rewarding hobby Smile

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fascinating reading.

You must be awfully disappointed at missing out on that $30,000, Jazz. Which is why I, as one of the more compassionate members, offer the following suggestion:

Simply send a letter to Director, Federal Bureau of Bailouts & Stimulating Activity, Washington, D.C. USA. Inform them of your inability to collect your rightfully-earned money, and ask for a bailout. Don't request a piddling sum like $30K, however, as they don't deal in small change. Best bet would be thirty million. Oh, and if you could flesh out your application by mentioning that you are an executive in the auto industry and are a miserable failure, even better. Revealing the sad fact that you aren't able to make next month's payment on one of your BMWs, and that you are a good friend of Barney Frank (oh wait...strike that last) will improve your chances of receiving the bailout entitlement.

I would try to get your letter off in the next fortnight or so, Jazz, while they are still printing money. Any later than that and you run the risk of being sent a rejection slip reading, "We're sorry, the USA is closed until further notice."

Signed: Old Master, back in the land of the big PX!
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Monday Jun 08, 2009

A professional man has been committed for trial in Christchurch District Court after two days of depositions on a charge of money laundering for a Brazilian man who was visiting New Zealand.

The crown says the Brazilian was involved in a money laundering inquiry involving billions of dollars and a trial in Brazil, the Christchurch Court News website reported. It alleged that he had left the country with his partner and their two children while on bail during the trial.

Prosecutor Anne Toohey said his present whereabouts were not known, but he was believed to be in Spain.

The Christchurch man, who has suppression of his name and profession, was remanded on bail to a pre-trial conference on July 31.

The crown alleges he made inquiries on behalf of the fugitive and handled payments made through bank accounts set up for the Brazilian couple.

- NZPA

Purple Flower
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic