SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam targeting attorneys

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
OhDannyBoy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gents,

I am a big fan of this website and have been lurking for about a month now and thoroughly enjoying all that you have done.

I am an attorney. I received the following scam email. As you can see the scammer has tried to set up a scam. It is the standard BS check cashing deal.

Some background, this is a legit company and the scammer is using it to further his scam. As far as I know the company is A-ok.

Here is the email:

“Attention Counsel:

I have previously sent you an email; please confirm the receipt of this mail due to the urgency of this matter.if you are able to represent us legally at the moment to receive past due collections from our debtors in North America.

We are a manufacturing company in Asia Matila Manufacturing Pte Ltd. We are prepared to go along with your attorney agreements on your mode of representation as soon as we receive your response.

Thank you,
Cho Goalith
Matila Manufacturing Pte Ltd
Here is his email address:

[email protected]

Anyone want to bait this clown?

Last edited by OhDannyBoy on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi OhDannyBoy and welcome here. Very Happy

I'm familiar with that scam. This thread on our sister site, ScamWarners, may interest you: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1578

There's no need to obfuscate the email address and name of the company. Go ahead and post it outright so members here can read it easily if they're interested in baiting it.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

indeed, by posting the whole name then people who google that name "just in case" when they receive the mail might get directed here and find out it's a scam...

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Will someone please think of the poor attorneys!!! Shocked

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Always good to see a(nother) fellow attorney on this board! Welcome.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As Ima says, it is a scam that we are aware of and as can be seen from the thread on ScamWarners it is getting more common.

It is also very profitable for the scammers with the amount they can collect from a single hit being in the 100's of thousands (I'm currently waiting for 3 cheques from separate scammers totalling around the $750k mark).

Interestingly, one of the companies that I am 'representing' is Matila Manufacturing Pte Ltd, but I'm not dealing with Cho Goalith.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
OhDannyBoy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems like it would be tough to bait this clown because a simple search of my email address will reveal none other than my physical office address.

If I use a fake attorney name this would be difficult too because this clown might cross check the State Bar website. I am sure he/she would, at the very least, be sophisticated enough to do a little bit of background checking as the baiting advances. Thoughts?
ratter
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater, ODB.

First rule of baiting is to stay safe; keep your real life info out of the game. Look around the board, lots of stickies with good info.

As far as his checking; he may or may not; the odds are he won't. Even if he does eventually twig, he'll have wasted time that could have been spent on a real victim.

So either drop him flat, or work up a good character, get a safe email, and dive in!

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaSpainSwitzerlandBeninNetherlandsCanadaGhanaItalyIrelandMalaysiaUnited Nations = 56

Goat

PayPal Modality
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They are very unlikely to do any checking - as I mentioned above I'm currently baiting 3 of these scams and haven't been questioned on my authenticity (I'm not a lawyer and I'm not even in the US).

I just sent them a Terms of Engagement that I found and reworded a bit.

Your problem will come when it gets to the issuing the check stage as you will have nowhere for them to send it to.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

B8er wrote:
you will have nowhere for them to send it to.

In my modest experience, check lads will take almost any phony address and send a check to it, and for some reason they never seem to find out that the check was never delivered. Just wait 7-10 days, acknowledge receipt of the check, and you're off and running!

Just don't have any checks sent to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue or 10 Downing Street, tempting as the thought might be. Evil or Very Mad

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic