SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My friend is beeing scammed, please advise

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ B-52's????? They're over 50 years old! LOL What we DEMAND is a few top secret hush hush stealth planes straight out of Area 51!
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm starting to get into bed with Corona on this one. Wink

And that's not such a bad place to be. Even if you are wrong. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I spoke with a person in an office that basically deals with financially crimes. They're not a unit of the police, but deal with the investigation of crimes. They're the ones who receive reports about money laundering. They couldn't help me directly, but told me to stay away from this. And furthermore they told me to contact the local police station. To see what they have to say about this case, and what measures should be taken. So I guess that's the next step for me.
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@mr Jazz: Please let me ask some dumb questions here (Detective Columbo style) in order to try to get back on course ...

You wrote:
She is now in Paraguay

Has she by any chance told you that "she managed to finalize the deal with another business partner from Paraguay, where she is right now living very nicely, but that you will get $XXXX in retribution for your past efforts and that you should contact her secretary?" - Just curious. For some reason Paraguay is the place all scammers use when they try to hit you with the reward for your past efforts story.

And then you wrote:
I am also interested in hearing what the authorities tell me, or ask me. They were to call me back during the day.

Well, Thank God. Looks like you finally contacted the authorities, which you had been telling us you would do since Monday, but never got down to it ...

But then about 2 hours later You wrote:
They couldn't help me directly, but told me to stay away from this. And furthermore they told me to contact the local police station. To see what they have to say about this case, and what measures should be taken. So I guess that's the next step for me.

So what is really going on here? Did they take your case seriously and will call you back? Or did they just brush you off, telling you to stay away, and therefore it is now again your turn to make the next move and go to the Police?

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically they told me that they couldn't provide me with contact information for anyone who could help me or tell me more. I should contact the police myself, and they will take it from there.

They told me to keep off, basically because they thought I was actually thinking about receiving the money. They told me that until I accepted the money, I wasn't doing anything illegal, but that it was probable that I would involve myself in something big if I accepted it. They said, like other of you has mentioned, that if there is in fact real money involved here in the end, they will hardly give me the money without wanting A LOT in return.

Furthermore, they told me that there is a possibility that the police will be interested in this case, but I'll have to contact them myself and present the case again.

I am saying that she is in Paraguay based on the last IP trace I did. Of course, it could be a mislead, but it seems like it's probable that she's moved from her city, to the airport, and then to Paraguay.

Oh and Joaquin:

I feel the need to correct you. I first talked about contacting the police on Tuesday, saying that I wanted to do some tracing first. I didn't get around to do it before closing hours on Wednesday (yesterday), so there's only been a 24 hour delay. No matter which time zone you're in. Laughing
TheBarSteward2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is NO f00bing money!!!

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can't remember if this has been said:

What about a Wash Wash scam - after the initial troubles in Porto, she went back and "discovered" if she coated the cash she could clear customs without a hitch. So she flies back to Europe, has the "cash" and needs a small fee for the "chemicals" to remove the stain.

With a local accomplice it wouldn't be hard to pull off. After all, who wouldn't pay a fee to get $30K?
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@mr Jazz: It's you who has been talking about going to the Police with this, but then not doing it.

If you ask me, I would definitely let the Police know what is going on BEFORE I go to any meeting where it is possible (although very unlikely) that I will receive some money. But I wouldn't go to the Norwegian authorities right now, with really nothing to show, more than a couple of IP traces in South America at best.

In other words, IF and WHEN a meeting is confirmed, with exact place, date and time, then I would go to the Police, not before. (Because as many have said here, unless and until you receive money you are not involved in any crime).

And meanwhile I would only maintain contact with this girl, hoping that she and/or the rest of the audience here don't just get bored and disappear at any moment.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was told not to underestimate the local police office. There might also be cases similar to this one, that only the police would know about. Anyway, it won't hurt to hear with them right away. If I get more information on the way, at least I'll probably have a contact person in the police, and not risking not getting nowhere because of the lack of time. She's given herself a 13 days "invented stay" in Oslo, so I guess she's planning on finalizing whatever it is that she's planning during those days. I surely hope so.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Joaquin wrote:

If you ask me, I would definitely let the Police know what is going on BEFORE I go to any meeting where it is possible (although very unlikely) that I will receive some money.

Um...I may be mistaken, but hasn't Mr. Jazz made it very clear that he does NOT intend to actually GO to any such meeting?

Mr. Jazz...didn't you say that? I'm quite sure you did. At least I HOPE you did!!

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the very least, discussing the situation gives you "cover" if you did somehow meet up with this woman, and money did either become exchanged or transferred in some manner.

It's harder to prosecute if the "victim" (you) has already established the scenario ahead of time, rather than being accused of making it all up after the fact.

Odds are though, if the police really do decide that your "meet" is likely to happen you won't be the one meeting. It will be an officer doing the dirty work in order to arrest the suspect.

Very unlikely that if they belive you enough to dedicated manhours into an investigation they would put a civilian at risk for the meeting.

Good luck.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I certainly did, Cachuma Wink
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Joaquin wrote:
In other words, IF and WHEN a meeting is confirmed, with exact place, date and time, then I would go to the Police, not before. (Because as many have said here, unless and until you receive money you are not involved in any crime).

In the US there are crimes that can be prosecuted simply for planning the crime. They are generally referred to as "conspiracy" crimes such as planning a murder, financial crimes (this one), and a host of others. Sometimes the actual event is even LESS important than the planning of said event. RICCO in the US is a particularly effective law in combating these types of crimes where a person keeps illegal activity at arms length, but is in on the planning and execution, while maintaining some sort of "firewall" between themselves and the action.

Just because one doens't "complete" the deal doesn't mean there is NOT a prosecutorial offense committed. Lots of armchair lawyers passing out dubious advice here.

-fixed quote tags -luckey

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wise words, Tastysnack.

I think it should be up to the police how they would handle this. Like I said, I was urged to go to the police from the authorities I spoke with today. And I intend on doing so, I believe I have more than enough to suspect already. And I think that we all agree that an opinion or even guidance from professionals would come in handy for sure.

Tech question: Does anybody know if there is a site or a software for that matter, that's better at IP tracing than the others? I seem to be getting different results from different sites.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
I certainly did, Cachuma Wink

Thanks! Juuuust wanted to make sure! Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
soylent green
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:

Tech question: <snip>better at IP tracing

It is not the software at fault. The IP is dynamically assigned unless you pay for a static IP connection. Each time a computer connects to the internet it gets assigned an IP from a pool of available ones.

The correspondence between geographic position and IP is valid only for Static IPs. In other cases, an educated guess is made which can be surprisingly accurate - within a continent.

=
O
<|\/
|\
// s.t.
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Using the IP adresses I retrieved by tracing the emails I sent her, I got different geographic results using different sites. That's why I'm asking if anyone has got a good suggestion.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slap.........................Image

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It certainly looks as if, AGAIN, we are getting into discussions of form and not substance.

Tastysnack wrote:
Lots of armchair lawyers passing out dubious advice here.

I have to assume that this refers to my opinion of not going to the Police until a meeting was set, because until and unless he received money he was not involved in any crime. In which case, I must remind you that then the Norwegian authorities that mr Jazz allegedly consulted are also armchair lawyers giving dubious advice.

mr Jazz wrote:
They (the authorities that deal with financial crimes thar mr Jazz says he consulted) told me that until I accepted the money, I wasn't doing anything illegal, but that it was probable that I would involve myself in something big if I accepted it.

And I am basing myself on what mr Jazz himself wrote. Which is by the way what everything else here is based on … We don’t have much more to go by, in this whole story, besides what mr Jazz tells us. So you either believe what the guy says or you don’t. No other source of information here. (I don’t know if you folks had noticed this before or not …)

But OK. Let’s stop going around in circles. If mr Jazz wants to go to the Police now, and everyone else thinks he should, then DO IT. Even though what he is got to give them amounts to only a couple of IP traces, as I said before, go ahead.

But then DO IT, mr Jazz. Go and tell the Police what you have NOW. Don’t keep on postponing it until first thing tomorrow morning. Better to be safe than sorry, and the experts will tell you what to do. Why wait any longer?

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir

francis mensah
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
the Authorities wrote:

They told me to keep off, basically because they thought I was actually thinking about receiving the money. They told me that until I accepted the money, I wasn't doing anything illegal, but that it was probable that I would involve myself in something big if I accepted it. They said, like other of you has mentioned, that if there is in fact real money involved here in the end, they will hardly give me the money without wanting A LOT in return.

I am confused here mrJazz. You have been advised on EVERY page in this thread do stay away fron your DreamGirl with cash to give away. You have now been advised by the Authorities to stay away from your DrearGirl with cash to give away. In spite of these advisories, you persist on contacting or chasing this fantasy using your real contact details.

You have been advised to set up a different profile and contact DreamGirl that way too to see what she does with a new potential victim. You seem to think that you are baiting this person. You are not, you are still putting yourself at risk messing around with this person who has Real Life information about you.

As I have been told before, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

Good luck, you asked for advice and help. You don't take it. What you are demonstrating is classic victim behavior (or attention seeking behavior). I am sorry I have wasted time reading and thinking about this. Evil or Very Mad

-----------30----------

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Joaquin

This is the quote I was referring to in my post:

Quote:
Because as many have said here, unless and until you receive money you are not involved in any crime

I didn't direct my comment at you per-se, but to many of the posters of this thread.

Point being, many times in criminal activity the final outcome is not nearly important as the planning of said activity. Its the conspiracy that gets you in the most trouble.

Check the bolded portion of the quote that you had posted earlier. That is the crux of my "dubious legal advice".

Last edited by Tastysnack on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look, I don't know how it's like where all you guys live, but HERE I have to go the the police when the station is OPEN. You can't simply walk into the police station late at night, no matter how much you want to. And dialing 911 does not get a whole lot of paperwork done either.

And the comment from the authorities about me keeping off, was about entering the deal and accepting the money. Keep in mind they also told me to contact the police, for them to take the next approach. They did not tell me to break all contact with the girl and hide in the basement.

Somehow I feel like I'm repeating myself too much in this thread. But maybe I'm not that good at saying things clearly enough. I would, however, appreciate if anyone who feels the need to make accusations, makes sure to have read the earlier post thoroughly.
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Tastysnack: Well, what some of us believe here (no money received, no crime yet) is exactly what the financial crimes authorities also told mr Jazz. But anyway, they also told him to go to the Police, so that is what he should do without further hesitation.

But now ...

mr Jazz wrote:
Look, I don't know how it's like where all you guys live, but HERE I have to go the the police when the station is OPEN. You can't simply walk into the police station late at night, no matter how much you want to.

Wow! That reminds me that I shouldn't generalize based on what I know from other places ... I have always known the Police to be on duty 24/7 ... But I guess times have changed ... It looks as if in Norway they only work 9 to 5 (presumably because they must have made a deal with the criminals whereas they also take a break from their duties during the night).

But OK, mr Jazz, we have to respect everyone's work schedule. But please go to the Police tomorrow morning and let us know what they have to say about this ...

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir

francis mensah
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Joaquin

Now you are just being an asshat. All police depts are open 24/7 FOR EMERGENCIES. This not qualifying as AN EMERGENCY would need to be worked on by a detective or a financial/fruad officer. Those don't work 24/7 because they are not needed.

Stop being obtuse, and give Mr. Jazz a chance. If you don't belive his story fine, you have made your point. I think frankly, YOU are becoming the troll of the thread.

mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tastysnack: Thank you Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic