SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My friend is beeing scammed, please advise

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to toss this out (which I should think others have considered): if there are actual plans for someone to meet up with you in Oslo, it's probably NOT the person who is communicating with you! As has been pointed out, it would make no financial sense for someone to actually fly from Brazil to Norway to launder a measly $30,000. My suspician is that there might be someone in Oslo, or at least someone who is close enough to Oslo that they can get there for this meeting...but it's not the person who is writing to you.

As for what they plan to DO at that meeting, that's the part that has me stymied. I have no clue.

I'm still waiting for the money request to come. Y'know, like Lotta suggested pages ago..."oh poor me, something horrible has happened, please quickly wire me some money to help me out of my mess." That would finally make this whole scheme very clear.

Staying tuned......

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
if there are actual plans for someone to meet up with you in Oslo, it's probably NOT the person who is communicating with you
Of course - but as mrjazz has already seen her (webcam or just photos?) she would have to announce a deputy. The excuse for that would be interesting too.

Purple Flower
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No-one of us can tell what's actually supposed to happen (from the girl's point of view). I'm really without a clue myself. But IF there is in fact a person that shows up with a bunch of money in cash, that is likely to be coming from illegal business, I should be in contact with authorities. Anyway, when I do contact them tomorrow, they might have some more clues, being professionals and all.

Anyway, I'm guessing my ass off in my best way possible. Whatever this person or these persons are up to, they're only lucky to not have been caught earlier, by the lousy way they're working. Then again, maybe we should give them a break, maybe they're new at this? Laughing

Last edited by mrJazz on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
whajushappen
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for laughing mrJazz, it was meant to be funny Laughing

But... at the same time it should also be taken at least a tiny bit serious

lemme try an splain..

Its not so much that the police/authorities are going to "arrest" her,
nay, in fact, arrests are rare indeed, it is more for the DOCUMENTATION,
in other words, they will have at least some notification prior to the event
happening, they will be forwarned, forwarned is forarmed, or somthing to
that effect, the "Police"(My generic word for the authorities that should be
concerned.) will have knowledge of prior events leading up to whatever
monkey business she may have planned for you.

Its the documentation I was stressing, It could be all important in the
weeks ahead, it seems harmless to you, to let the police in on the whole
thing, what could they do? arrest you for having concern for money laundering?
I think at the very worst they will take your name and info,
and file it away, then run down to the donut shop and have a good laugh.

But please consider what COULD happen with none of your information.
on file, it doesn't take much misunderstanding on the police's part to
turn the whole scheme around and land it in your lap...

Case 3: no documentation: DREAM GIRL smells a rat.

dream girl calls the police before you do:
hello police, mrjazz is trying rob me,

Police: What? no problem, we do robberies, without questions.

dream girl: I should have never mentioned all the money I was carrying
for the missions and the poor childeren, mrjazz is just evil,

police: oh that dreadfull, poor child hater, mrjazz is gonna have some
serious questions to answer... after we strip search him that is...

ten hours later: at the police station:

Police: ok mrjazz, one more time, what emails? and why didnt you tell
us about this before, if you were so worried about it?

mrjazz: but, but.. the peoples at 419eaters.com can explain it all to you.

police: sure, sure, if you say so... but tell us all about it one more time...

outlandish I know, but you get the point.

Case 4: With documentation DREAM GIRL calls the police.

Dream girl: help help mrjazz is trying to rob me, and he is mean to me...

police: ok lady calm down, we do robberies without questions...

Dream girl: oh thank you, your my heroes...

At the scene of the crime:
Police: ok mrjazz start esplainen, come on spill it, we know yer a bad man, cuz the pretty lady said so..

Mrjazz: well sir, here is my case number, and the contact officer that I
was I was given when I documented this case with police...

Police: OK DREAM GIRL, your turn, start spillin it..

Dream girl: UH uh... sputter... stutter....uhm.. (bolts for the door)...

I know, I know... its not gonna happen that way, but...YA NEVER KNOW.
Stranger things then my outrageous tale have happened.

I hope my point is more clear on this now. JUST COVER YOUR AZZ...
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachima wrote:
it would make no financial sense for someone to actually fly from Brazil to Norway to launder a measly $30,000.

Definitely not. But if these guys are really drug dealers, and they give mr Jazz $30,000, it is not going to be to just launder this small amount. It would be to recruit mr Jazz for life and then have him transport drugs and/or cash for amounts way in excess of that.

And then $30,000 becomes a very low amount to pay as "signing fee" for a full time and lifetime "employee" who will transport drugs or launder money in the millions for them. Because remember that with this "employer" it's easy to be hired, but impossible to resign. Once you are in, there is no way to get out (alive at least).

But in any case, I do agree that nobody will fly from Brazil to Norway. Whatever they are planning to do (if there really is a plan here), they will carry it out with different people.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right.

So I'll call the authorities first thing in the morning, hopefully they'll be able to help me, or at least make me (and us) a bit wiser.

That's it from me, this evening. Signing off with a cigarette, and looking forward to get some deeply needed beauty sleep.
Wink
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Joaquin wrote:
Definitely not. But if these guys are really drug dealers, and they give mr Jazz $30,000, it is not going to be to just launder this small amount. It would be to recruit mr Jazz for life and then have him transport drugs and/or cash for amounts way in excess of that.

And then $30,000 becomes a very low amount to pay as "signing fee" for a full time and lifetime "employee" who will transport drugs or launder money in the millions for them. Because remember that with this "employer" it's easy to be hired, but impossible to resign. Once you are in, there is no way to get out (alive at least).

I actually agree with you here (surprise!) Shocked Very Happy I think this is a very distinct possibility. Which is one reason why I said earlier that this is NOT my area of expertise! Frankly it scares me.

I'll stick with baiting scammy scammers in dusty sweaty internet cafes in Lagos. Wink

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mr Jazz wrote:
So I'll call the authorities first thing in the morning

Isn't this what you have repeatedly been telling us you will do since the beginning of the week?

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
But IF there is in fact a person that shows up with a bunch of money in cash,

I have been silently following this (except to give luckey props), and I am wondering why you still believe someone will show up with $30,000 in cash...? I know it is hard to give up hope that the money will come just in time to meet your need. From what you have been posting and from what you have discovered, "she" is not telling you the truth AT ALL.

I will be kind and I mean this in that way... at 6 years of age, my kids realized that the Easter Bunny does not exist, and s/he is not friends with Santa Claus/St. Nicolas. I think you are hoping against hope (in true victim fashion) that this will play out the way you want it to.

IMLO, it will not!

mrJazz wrote:
Anyway, I'm guessing my ass off in my best way possible. Whatever this person or these persons are up to, they're only lucky to not have been caught earlier, by the lousy way they're working. Then again, maybe we should give them a break, maybe they're new at this? Laughing

They don't have to be all that good. They just need to catch one or two victims per month and they are living like kings. Thankfully you were sent here to help you see this through different eyes. Please do not close those other eyes because of the "money" or the hope of getting an arrest.

I am not saying that arrests do not happen, but they are rare and would yield you an nice shiny in your signature line. Frankly, I am not holding my breath... and neither should you.

It is an interesting saga though. Shocked

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
paraguay
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the girl pretends to be in Oslo, you can ask her to buy a local SIM-card, so you can easily be in touch. If somebody should show up indeed, you'll have a number, that can help the police a lot to identify and trace the person.
But you also need to find an excuse not to reveal your number to her. And to call her/him/it only from "unknown" one.

i am a man that see tomorrow

dont let me to send MORONGO POWER TO VISIT YOU IN THE NIGHT, because it we be very terible for you
TheBarSteward2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This whole things is very odd, and with all the troll accusations now out of the way, the only thing that explains it all to me is that we have mrJazz who was a potential victim (but is now clued-up on scams) playing it safe when communicating with Dream Girl. However, I think Dream Girl is a baiter, and while using a modality we aren't used to, also has realised that if mrJazz is a love bait lad, he is a pretty strange one given that he loves somebody else and has refused her money.

I reckon DreamGirl is working her way through a dating site taking on the lads. She has come across mrJazz who in her mind has a strange lad modality, isn't quite convinced he is an ITP, but likewise isn't convinced he is a lad.

Both are trying to work out what the other is up to.

What is clear though is there is no money, and she won't be travelling to Scandinavia. If anything, this thread is a good instruction manual for a lad on how to work out if his victim is actually a baiter. It wouldn't surprise me if this thread pops up in an ethics debate in six months time about how ITPs could be messed about by baiters if they aren't careful.

I reckon it would be worthwhile for one of the mods here (who hopefully speaks portugeuse) to ASEM her, or contact her via the dating site.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^

I wonder if that could be true. If it were true that DreamGirl is a baiter, than it must be a self-made-lone-warrior. All the baiters I know would at a certain point try to check out, if they are dealing with other baiters in "friendly fire". Mr. Jazz, You could try to send her this line and see if her reaction is extraordianrily exceptional - or if she did not get the clue:

Quote:
Dear Brazilian Girl, I wanted to inform you, that my WLAN has changed and the new key is 1-4M-47-419E473I2-4I23-U-B83R-0I2-L4D.

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
TheBarSteward2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ If I'm not mistaken, all communication is being conducted in portugeuse though, so it wouldn't surprise me if s/he has never even heard of 419eater.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has there ever been any kind of clue that she is actually planning to go to Scandinavia, or that there actually is any money, or what this all is actually about?

It seems a bit like "Burn after Reading". "So, what is anybody after? Please report back to me when all this starts making any sense."

the test question here is still who is the bastard b@la h@ssan, so were did you change the test question, and there is no change in this slip, this is the first slip you sent to me, you are wasting my time and dont call me a bastard in your next mail. (Hitman B@la H@ssan)

Closed lad accounts 5x
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did one more trace, hoping that I would find some interesting locations. This time it was tracked to Northeastern Paraguay, close to the border of both Bolivia and Brazil. Thought you might want to know.

And all of you who are saying that there is no money and such, I do not know that for a fact either. But if I am supposed to call the authorities, I can't just tell them that I've been lied to on the internet.
TheBarSteward2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:

And all of you who are saying that there is no money and such, I do not know that for a fact either.

Well we know that she hasn't flown to Portugal like she says she has, so any promise that she is currently on her way to scandinavia from portugal is a lie as well. No reason to assume she has 30k in cash in a bag which she is eager to give to some bloke she met off the internet either. Quite unlikely somebody would have 30k in cash which they were willing to carry around with them through airport customs etc.

If somebody on here was saying their character was a rich student with 30k in cash, and they were baiting a lad halfway across the world who was going to travel to meet her, we'd all be congratulating them for running a wonderful bait and hoping the safari would happen. And then we'd come up with ideas for the sign the lad would have to hold up in the airport while laughing our moobs off.

DreamGirl met a bloke online who very quickly explained his financial difficulties to her. He gets excited that she is going to give him 30k for the fun of it. DreamGirl thinks mrJazz is a lad, and starts running rings around him while he jumps up and down with excitement. Classic bait.

Edited to add: mrJazz, what is her name? I'd put money on it that her name will be the portugeuse and/or other language equivalent of Shiver Metimbers, or Ilika Baitvikings or something.

Edited to add part 2: The key to all of this was when she originally wanted the lad to go to the embassy to meet her/exchange cash. Meanwhile, on some baiting site somewhere, a mentor advises DreamGirl not to involve ITPs, so she cancels the embassy plan.

Last edited by TheBarSteward2 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I realize that all some of you think about is scamming and baiting. But try to see this as something a bit more seriously.

She is now in Paraguay. And very close to Bolivia. It's kind of obvious that this is an indicator of something more serious than a simple baiting scheme. At least I think so.

I should keep tracking her, but since she is now in Paraguay, I should wait before sending her another email. It'll be interesting to see where the next location turns out be.

I have been in contact with authorities now. They'll call me during the day. I explained the whole situation. It seemed like they took it seriously.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A traveling baiter! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, a Quechua-speaking baiter claiming to be living in Portugal, traveling in the areas of South America that are most known for drug trafficking. Wink
TheBarSteward2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
Yeah, a Quechua-speaking baiter claiming to be living in Portugal, traveling in the areas of South America that are most known for drug trafficking. Wink

Or a baiter using a Brazil Telecom IP address assigned to mobile broadband dongles in an area of the country close to the Paraguay and Bolivia borders renowned for little landline broadband.

Hey, it is all about opinions, so this will just run and run until everyone gets bored with it, or somebody on here is proved wrong. One thing for sure, there is no money. Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Mr. Jazz,

I am fully aware, that there is happening a lot more on planet earth than scam and bait. But a good looking, educated, charming, intelligent, rich girl in a dating forum for singles rises certain suspicions. And giving money away to complete strangers is not typically engrave in human psyche. Yes, humans do know love, trust sympathy and empaty and they are able to give witout receiving back - and even enjoy giving. But they do so with persons whom they know and trust (at least when they are sane). Your story has S C A M written in bold letters across it. But that does not mean its the typical Nigerian style thingy with this one. Stalkers and mobbers have been reported to use the internet and delude people. It can be a bored person joking around.

I stringly advise you NOT to travel (nobody will refund your transport-ticket expenses and your hospital-bill).

I wonder if she is honest to you, when acting like not mastering English. When travelling to Europe, English knowledge helps - and a lot of medicinal literature should be in English, too.

If I were you, I would doubt in her being the person on the photos you have from her. Try to meet her in skype video chat. Ask her for more fotos. Why not sending her a photo of you holding a sing reading "I love you" with yours and her full name and e-mail addy and ask her to return the same to you from her side, so that you know how she is looking IRL.

Or ask her for a passport scan. If she is real, she will either hesitate or send the real thing. But most lads tend to send some poor forgery.

As for the money, why not ask her to send it via Western Union or Money Gram. And the fees, well, be generous, she can reduce it from the original amount. Its cheaper than travelling. The idea to send it via the embassy is a bit far fetched anyway!

Btw, I had lads whom I knew 100% sure to be at Lagos, with their IP's pointed to Paraguay. Some IP seems to travel via Satelite. Rolling Eyes

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, you're right about that. Let's just see what happens. I am also interested in hearing what the authorities tell me, or ask me. They were to call me back during the day. Hopefully they will.
battycat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

have u had any word from the authorities yet on wether they can help!! sorry i have been following this thread for several days and cannot like every one else seem to figure out what she wants or is going to actually do in the end, probally nothing.
but most lads in my experenice get bored by now.
soz for the spelling
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As it's possible to fake webcams, can you get her to (during your webcam chat) get her to write "My Friend Mr Jazz" on a bit of paper and hold it in front of the camera? Or talk about hobbies and interests and get her to sketch out something and hold it in front of the camera? Basically, just to prove the girl you see is the girl who may or may not ever make it to Oslo (and get herself in front of a webcam there)

Being a contrary type myself, as she claims to be in Oslo now, find out if she got caught up in "that sudden snow shower" yesterday... (hint for international readers, we're approaching summer here in the Northern hemisphere, and even Oslo is unlikely to be warm - but is it? Would you know whether they'd had a freak snow flurry yesterday if you didn't live there?)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
I am also interested in hearing what the authorities tell me, or ask me.

I'm sure they want the latest available IP you have on her to determine her exact coordinates, so they can pass them on to the B-52 squad pilots that are now on their way to Paraguay. Probably. Wink

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic