SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Has my lad gone dark on me?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am doing a straight bait with one lad who promises the usual $100 million on an ATM card for a $3200 initial investment.

I'd strung him along with a goodly exchange of emails and then stepped it up by saying I was being frustrated by the WU folks over their insistence that I forward onorous anti-terrorism / anti-money laundering /anti-fraud forms for the lad to fill out from Nurse Nasty's handy tips post here.

He asked for more info about the forms and I obligingly sent them along with a story that I'd tried a second time and again was told "no can do" without him filling the forms in. I even praised him ahead of time by saying that I "knew" of course that he's had to deal with this many times, being such a bigwig in a big bank (Central Bank of Nigeria). I had hoped I'd primed the pump enough that he would accept and comply. That was late last week.

So, the lad has now gone silent after being quite diligent (previously even sending me notes to ask why he hasn't heard from me after only a day).

My question is, did I ask too much, too soon? Have you had to bait along for much longer than about a week of "it's not working" kinds of exchanges before dropping the 8 pages of (excellently devious and hillarious) tedious forms on a lad?

Just as background, he doesn't appear to have passed me up the line thus far but was dealing with this himself from what I can tell. The English was quite passable. He stuck to his basic script but the notes seemed to be extemporaneous, not canned, throughout.

Regards,
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How long were you into the bait before you sent the forms?

The longer you have them on the hook, the better your odds of getting the forms filled out.

Also, it's possible he may have been burned before.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ It's been about two weeks now.

I pretended to be on a trip to London England and this had caught me just as I was leaving (explained the switch from the catcher account on Hotmail to Gmail - the hotel's firewalls...etc. etc.). That kept me from being able to get to the money exchanging excuses too quickly.

I'm supposedly being victimized by WU as I'm a Canadian in Britian trying to send money overseas to a known area of "problems'. I wouldn't let WU disuade me from sending my $3200 so they responded by insisting they had to be "protected" and hence the forms.

[edit] I ought to proof read before hitting Sibmut....[/edit]

Regards,
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In addition to the advice above, you could always email him and ask him if he's completed them. Sometimes by prodding him you can get him back on track to at least emailing you.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Good advice. I sent one off this morning already, complaining of trip arrangements and then putting in the inquiry into his progress.

Regards,
junebug
flumpted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in exactly the same situation, about 2 weeks in, sent antifraud forms from Moneygram, and no response for several days. I have sent worried emails because my lad's mother is sick in the hospital and I am awaiting news urgently. Nothing. My current mentor, working with me on another bait, said he thought it was far too early to send forms, that you save them until the lad is totally invested many weeks or even months in. Before this, he'd been writing every day. And I was soooo enjoying myself. sigh.

"THAT IS PUTTING MY ASS ON FIRE,AND I WOULD NOT REALLY LIKE THAT."
"Your Full…Name.
Your full...contact Address.
And also with your Defecation ID.."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Yep take your time.. Ask a lot of 'dumb' questions (one at a time).

Once the lad has spent a couple of weeks with his new mark he will be more likely to start jumping through some hoops for you.. Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Ahhh.. There you go. I was probably too anxious to start inflicting more investment into the relationship on him and should have kept it going at a lower level.

Shame. I was thinking of amping it up and suggesting to him that we meet halfway and that I would cover his costs to do so, once we could meet. I'm already in England after all and can be magnanimous with $100 million dollars rattling around on my new ATM card (he sent the worst looking image of it - but it did have my name on it I could tell!).

Oh well. I have a couple of others in the initial stages of "hi - I'm interested. Tell me more." to work on a longer basis before dropping the forms again.

@junebug...By the way, check out the "minesweeper" style secure MTCN (sp?) gimmick. I can't wait to find the opportunity to unleash it after forms.

Regards,
junebug
flumpted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ishkabibble: I'm chomping at the bit to use that tool too! My mentor won't let me go for it yet. I think the main thing I need to learn in this gambit is patience. Mentor added: "And also stubbornness."

"Your Full…Name.

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Your mentor is right. Slowly build your baits one day at a time. Don't write the lad two or three times a day. Write him no more than once per day. Ask questions. One per email.

And don't forget to take a day or two "off" from the bait. If you miss your lad during your day "off", then start baiting another lad.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another day with no returned email. I am thinking I lost him.

Thanks for all the great advice (above). These new ones I am responding to won't be rushed as much as I did "My Good Friend", Mr Raym0nd All3n.

Regards,
junebug
flumpted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine is gone too, the forms proved to be too much for him, but I'm going to re-bait him. don't forget you can pick up the same lad with a different email addy and character. this has the advantage that you even know what works and what doesn't!

"Your Full…Name.

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, one last thing you could try to "jump-start" a dead lad. Tell him his boss, Mr. G0mer (or any fake lad name you make up) called you. He was a very polite gentleman, and has taken care of the payment for your ATM card. He completed the forms, and you sent him the payment just now. You are looking forward to recieving your card soon. Ask him to thank Mr. G0mer for you personally, when he sees him, and tell him how pleased you are! Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^I smiled reading both your responses above.

@junebug - I tried doing just that by doing an ASEM through to my character, obstensibly from a colleague that discussed the scammer (in a complimentary way). Somehow the colleague just happened to mention the next "project" that my character was going to be getting, worth millions in funding and the banking arrangements that would require. Oh, and carelessly, somehow stupidly has the lad's email id in the bcc field!

@Slap Happy...that is a splendid idea. Full cred there and thanks. I will use it around the end of the week. I'm going to let things cool off now that I've muddied things going too quickly.

Regards,
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One other thing you could mention in the email, instead, is say you paid Mr. G half of the money, and should have the other half ready by "such and such a date." If he thinks more money will come, he might be more inclined to get back to you. And watch out for the "FIB" character from him, wanting Mr. G's details, to arrest the imposter! Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think he's gone.

I tried the above over a couple of days at the end of last week. No replies since the original note I sent with the forms. Damn. And I'd thought I'd primed him enough when he asked what these forms were that I had been given to send to him.

Perhaps once he saw them he recognized them for what they were, or had even just seen them before.

Either way, here's a question - has anyone resurrected a lad, say after letting things cool and then going at him from another email account? I feel the need to redeem myself - I want that fish back!

Regards,
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic