SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My Brother's Scammer Arrest Notification

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
junebug
flumpted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys, I recently told my brother that I'm engaged in scambaiting on 419 Eater, and he sent me a letter that he routinely emails to any 419er who hits his inbox. He composed this letter himself. I'm curious to see what you all think of it:

Quote:
My name is Detective Jarret Michael. I am with the FTIA, an agency under the US Department of State that regulates Internet traffic and investigates criminal activity. This notice is to inform you that an international arrest declaration has been applied to you. The warrant under this declaration details specific fraudulent activity that you have either directly engaged in or have participated in. This activity has been observed directly by our agency and we have strong evidence to support our declaration of arrest. We are currently working with your local government to apply appropriate charges and process you for internment.

At this time you are being instructed to report directly to your local police department or constabulary for processing. We have arranged treaties of extradition with your government. If you do not cooperate, you will be prosecuted under international law. You should know that the charges for Internet fraud under international law are severe and can carry a sentence up to 20-years in prison per occurrence.

We have worked out some leniency arrangements for shorter sentencing in the past with people who have cooperated on an individual basis. This does not mean that your cooperation will insure a shorter sentence or leniency. However, in the past we have made special arrangements under these conditions.

Again, it is of utmost importance that you report immediately to your local police or constabulary. You have been assigned an FTIA processing code of AV92F1X. Please give this code to the Internet fraud designee with your local authorities. If there is not an Internet fraud designee, instruct the officer in charge to contact the US Department of State immediately with the code supplied. They will give the official specific instruction for your processing. Again, your cooperation is of utmost importance at this time. Failure to follow these instructions can lead to harsher penalties and sentencing.

Sincerely,

Lt. Jar99et Mic8ael CPCI
AL77A Designee
FTIA

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY. YOUR NAME AND/OR CASE INFORMATION ARE ON FILE. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE, AS IT WILL NOT BE READ. YOU MUST REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITIES FOR PROCESSING.

"THAT IS PUTTING MY ASS ON FIRE,AND I WOULD NOT REALLY LIKE THAT."
"Your Full…Name.
Your full...contact Address.
And also with your Defecation ID.."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a neat letter, but I'm not sure that any lads will be falling for it.

Over there in Ladland, law enforcement doesn't seem to care about 419. It wouldn't surprise me if law enforcement is bribed on a regular basis by the 419ers.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
anthonyopie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in the U.S. and I've never heard of The U.S. Department of State.We have The U.S. State Department.There is not FTIC branch of The U.S. State Department.I'm in Law Enforcement and if We wanted You We would come and get you and it would be the F.B.I that would Knock on your door.Someone down at your local office will have a big laugh at this one if You go in.Use reverse E-mail to find there I.P.and then go from there. good luck and don't worry
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Captain Pike wrote:
It's a neat letter, but I'm not sure that any lads will be falling for it.

Agreed. My personal impression is that the Nigerian government is winking at the whole scamming sector as it is bringing in needed currency. Cops are as likely to be in on it.

As an aside, I had someone Nigerian working for me for a while and we got to talking about her life. She had moved from there to England as a young teenager, and then to Canada as a young adult. One story she told was along the lines :

"Ishkabibble, let's say you went to Nigeria and were driving down the street. The cops would stop you - you're white and look wealthy. They would give you a ticket for something and demand immediate payment. You would not get farther than a jail cell if you objected. You would pay.

"Now let's say 'I' went to Nigeria and drove down the street. The cop would stop me too as they can tell that I'm someone who's returned home and therefore I'm wealthy too. A ticket and they would also demand immediate payment. I would be able to negotiate and get it down to some acceptable amount (and a lot less than yours) and I would be on my way.

"Now let's say a local Nigerian drove down the street in a wreck of a car and broke all kinds of traffic laws. The police would ignore him - no money there."

"Law and order" doesn't mean the same thing there I took her to mean. Got a lot of interesting stories from her in the short time we were working together. Also someone who was quite industrious and honest in her dealings. Couldn't see a bit of the lad culture in her. Probably because of her growing up partly in England and then coming to Canada I suspect.

Regards,
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, anthonyopie, and welcome to the Eater! Very Happy

The letter is a splendid bit of what we like to call de-education. That "information" may just find its way into scammers' formats and tip off US citizens that are clued-in. Wink

Of course, the fact that the lads - if they read it at all, being in answer to an initial format - will just laugh at it is totally beside the point. Smile

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
LegolasGreenleaf
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

anthonyopie wrote:
I live in the U.S. and I've never heard of The U.S. Department of State.We have The U.S. State Department.

I do believe you are a little mistaken:

http://www.state.gov/

It's a simple technicality, and I believe either phrasing is valid.

"...i consider your delay/silent to be constitutionally wrong, illegally untenable, technically illogical and professionally dangerous..."
"... it is understood and believe that delay is a mother killer to financial investment."-An0ml3z3 G0dw|n
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was amused by the concept of the virtual arrest warrant. and that's good enough for me. I don't think these emails will have any effect on lads but it's not harming anyone.

and surely the name of the organization doesn't matter at all. I just call it "State" and run like hell (I am not currently within FBI jurisdiction except for those lads representing the fbi internationally).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
anthonyopie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LegolasGreenleaf wrote:
anthonyopie wrote:
I live in the U.S. and I've never heard of The U.S. Department of State.We have The U.S. State Department.

No sir,I believe You have mistaken the Office of Electronic Information, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.It's is not a Law Enforcement agency it is the information division but does not enforce law.

Fixed quoting. -luckey
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great start!

Click here to support 419Eater.com
anthonyopie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania wrote:
Hi, anthonyopie, and welcome to the Eater! Very Happy

The letter is a splendid bit of what we like to call de-education. That "information" may just find its way into scammers' formats and tip off US citizens that are clued-in. Wink

Of course, the fact that the lads - if they read it at all, being in answer to an initial format - will just laugh at it is totally beside the point. Smile

Hello,Thank you for the greeting.I will not correct anymore of the scammers letters do to what you have mentioned if anyone is really worried pm me.cool site
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@junebug - Frumpy and I might do a similar thing to Unshakeable Mike over in the M00sechuckle Modeling thread. Not that he will believe it, but just to bug his @ss for fun! Very Happy You might get a few insults from a letter like that, but they wouldn't take it real seriously that you could do such a thing. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania raises an interesting angle: de-education.

Although the letter will not fool a lad, what it can do is de-educate him.

There's no harm in sending it to those lads who write you who you don't have time to bait. But make sure you introduce some agencies and/or titles that don't exist. Like "Vice President of the FBI". "Lieutenant Governor, US Department or State". "Assistant Viceroy, Federal Reserve Bank of London, England."

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
LegolasGreenleaf
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

anthonyopie wrote:
No sir,I believe You have mistaken the Office of Electronic Information, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.It's is not a Law Enforcement agency it is the information division but does not enforce law.

I never said it was a law enforcement agency. I was just pointing out that the official website (who manages it is irrelevant) addresses them as the US Department of State, and you said that was not the official name. Their website actually uses both, and Wikipedia lists them under Dept of State, but says the names are interchangeble. It's really kind of petty and moot anyway, but I'm too much of a geek to let an argument die. Smile

Back on topic, I think it might be fun to repeatedly send additional warnings to the scammer asking them why they didn't show up, etc....maybe you could get some nice sig-worthy responses Laughing

"...i consider your delay/silent to be constitutionally wrong, illegally untenable, technically illogical and professionally dangerous..."
"... it is understood and believe that delay is a mother killer to financial investment."-An0ml3z3 G0dw|n
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Legolas - You are correct! I think someone is um, maybe trying to be a Farva (ref:Supertroopers).
DOS is the correct acronym if anyone wants to know (couldn't be SD, that would be Sherriff's Department silly!).
They indeed are not a LEA. Everyone knows they don't let on about their LE branch as it directly pertains to their involvement with MJ12 and it's components. If I have to say anymore several MIBs will be dispatched to handle the situation.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

jlc419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

anthonyopie wrote:
LegolasGreenleaf wrote:
anthonyopie wrote:

Fixed quoting. -luckey

Actually, if you look at the State Departments Seal it is the "Department of State'; State department is a common usage, just as Commerce Department and others. State actually has law enforcement powers; though not for internet fraud.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic