SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Unfortunately Named Products

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found this funny list of unfortunately-named products, and thought it'd be worth posting here because two of them come from Ghana. Specifically, Pee Cola and Shitto Sauce. Laughing

http://www.oddee.com/item_96682.aspx

"How i wish i can get out of here today and get is head off."- Name withheld due to currently ongoing bait (Started by Becky; I just scored an easy death threat through a minor assist. Still, I'm proud of it)
Please note, I am a total newbie at this. Feel free to slap me down if I say something dumb.
Pith Helmet- Still ongoing. Thanks, Becky and Corona, for letting me in on the fun!
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Gabriel method"? I don't see the joke there!

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gabriel Method? I don't remember seeing any mention of it in that post.

I just posted it because a good number of scammers work out of Ghana, and those two products seem like pretty worthy trophies to ask your pets for.

"How i wish i can get out of here today and get is head off."- Name withheld due to currently ongoing bait (Started by Becky; I just scored an easy death threat through a minor assist. Still, I'm proud of it)
Please note, I am a total newbie at this. Feel free to slap me down if I say something dumb.
Pith Helmet- Still ongoing. Thanks, Becky and Corona, for letting me in on the fun!
Yastreb

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never mind - it's an ad tucked in between Ayds and Shitto. I thought it was one of the comic products...

MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, okay. I see "Online SOL Prep Program" in the same place. Must be a regional thing.

dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh! I need to get a Ghanaian lad to send me some Pee Cola and Shitto Sauce! What a great set of trophies that would be!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah! You know what I'm talkin' about, Doc! Laughing

Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately named European whitegoods manufacturer.

Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Isn't it interesting that both Ghanian products have to do with waste elimination? Surprised

I think we should have a contest. The first baiter who manages to get their lad to send them both a can of Shitto and a bottle of Pee Cola wins. Laughing

Second place goes to the baiter who can get their lad to send a photo of himself holding a can of Shitto in one hand and a bottle of Pee Cola in another.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a Google search and found a couple of other possible sources for Shitto sauce besides getting a scammer to send you some...

http://www.afrocarib.co.uk/shitto-pepper-sauce.html (UK)
http://www.shopwiki.com/Shitto+%28Pepper+Sauce%29+-+Hot (US)

Despite its unfortunate name, it looks pretty tasty.

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

By co incidence my daughter sent me a pic of her sooking on one of these
I'll spare you the text of her message!

http://www.unibev.co.uk/1210/8456.html
CrazyBiotch
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The best one is the diet suppliment AYDS. It was released a mere five months before the name "AIDS" was created. The best line of their commercials was, "Why take diet pills when you can enjoy AYDS?"

Here's the commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBkVuT5pw1g
atlanteana
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seven of Nine wrote:
Unfortunately named European whitegoods manufacturer.

so thats where red dwarf got it from . don't you just love reading mangled english .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are many lists of unfortunate product names - here are some with no claim for veracity.

FARTFULL Ikea's name for a children's desk

PSCHITT A Perrier brand of lemonade (with a silent p, too)

POO A brand of Argentinian curry powder

Sand Timer x 7
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Years ago, Hayley me and her friend fell of a plane in Venice, after we'd naughtily opened the duty free mid flight. 'Smeg' was a rude word years before Red Dwarf - we saw a Smeg poster down a corridoor leading out of arrivals via the staff exit, and ran down it to take our picture under the sign. Next thing we were surrounded by excitable Carribineri with sub machine guns pointing at us. Shocked They didn't see the joke at all.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
By co incidence my daughter sent me a pic of her sooking on one of these

oh that's too funny! Laughing Laughing Laughing
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the 1980's the US President Reagan administration proposed a lot of military schemes,
one was the "Star Wars" scheme.

There were many military contractor companies formed to "cash in" on these programs.

One company managed to combine two military "buzz words",
"Artificial Intelligence" and "Systems".

The company was named "Artificial Intelligence Defense Systems"

Or "AIDS"

Smile

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember years ago, when Chevrolet went to Mexico with a new car to sell down there. The name? Nova. It means "won't go" in Spanish. Nice move, GM! Needless to say, sales were very poor. Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Originally titled The War Against Terror, the name had to be changed to The War On Terror, after an internet church complained about the initials....

Smile

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

years ago i posted a picture of shitto a lad sent me.

I was pretending to be a columbian drug lord, and said send me a sample of your shit man.

what i got was a jar of shitto. (in hindsight im glad he did send the jar, i hadnt actually thought of the consequences had he sent drugs. which brings me to a valid point, dont ask lads for illegal items, because if they do send you something its almost impossible to explain.)

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Yastreb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many years ago, as told to me by a reliable source, when the Australian Army bought the Rapier air defence missile, maintenance was to be carried out by Forward Area Repair Teams using the Australian Rapier Support Equipment. So where there was a FART you'd find an ARSE.

I wasn't told how long it was for the terms to be re-written...

Sand Timer x 7
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^Yastreb, that reminds me of Seattle's South Lake Union Transport. Laughing

Quote:
I remember years ago, when Chevrolet went to Mexico with a new car to sell down there. The name? Nova. It means "won't go" in Spanish. Nice move, GM! Needless to say, sales were very poor.

I heard Ford had a similar problem selling the Pinto in Brazil. It seems "pinto" is roughly equivalent to "smallboi" in Portuguese. The car sold better after Ford's marketing department learned of this and changed its name to Corcel for that market.

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It can happen even between English speaking countries. Once upon a time there was a big computer company called Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC). In their time they were almost as big as IBM, but they concentrated on mini-computers, which were just one or two racks, rather than the roomfuls that IBM sold.

DEC was champion of the Three Letter Acronymn (TLA). Everything they did had three letters. IBM might have got profligate at times and used four letters, but with DEC it was always three. In fact it's probably the reason that filename extensions in Windows are three letters. (It dates from RSX/11, where filenames were six letters plus a three letter extension, and the reasoning was that you could fit three letters into a 16 bit word if you used base 50. I'm not making this up.)

Anyway,
Their flagship product was the VAX. Then they took two concepts; a Local Area Network (LAN), and a Value Added Network (VAN). They melded them together and came up with the VAX LAV.

It was quickly renamed for the British market, where programmers were highly amused to hear they could now buy a toilet for their computers.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic