SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hello Ya'll

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jack Pump
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings from the great State of Texas,

About 4 or 5 years ago I started receiving scam letters at work. At first I ignored them but they continued. I then started replying and telling them I knew what they were doing was a scam but they still kept coming. I came up with the idea of replying to make them look ridiculous. I would then forward the messages to co-workers and friends who thought they were funny. It became a hobby. I would actually be happy when I received a new scam letter. My friends and co-workers couldn’t wait for the next set of messages.

Well, like many people here in the US, I lost my job due to the economy about 2 years ago. One of the things I missed the most (besides the income of course) was the fact I never got any scam letters. I lost my hobby.

Last week I received a letter in the mail and much to my surprise it was a scam letter. I’d never gotten one in the mail and didn’t know they operated that way. I was happy! I got to mess with these people again.

For some reason when replying I just happened to do a Google search on “419 scams” and found this site along with a few othersw. I was astonished to find that so many people took pleasure in messing with these criminals. I was really happy to see this forum. I’ve got to admit I’m embarrassed that I just now discovered there are forums dedicated to messing with scammers. I was a moderator for my company’s forum and should have known somebody would have put a forum like this together.

I also found out that I was nothing more than a mere amateur when it comes to insulting a scammers. I was able to get one scammer to go back to the same Western Union office a total of 5 times before he finally realized he wasn’t getting any money from me.

Some of you should be given awards for what you’ve done. I mean getting somebody to pose for a picture with a fish on his head is classic. Getting somebody to paint a red circle around their breast was funny as hell. I was really happy when I saw a picture of a scammer that I had actually dealt with before. It’s great knowing I wasn’t the only one wasting his time.

I was also happy to see that this forum encourages “ethics” when it comes to messing with a scammer. Things like not involving innocent parties. Don’t give a scammer the phone number to a local business. Who knows what could happen. I had a similar set of rules myself.

I’m still learning new things here. One of my biggest problems is understanding some of the slang. I think it was Winston Churchill who said that the United States and the United Kingdom were two nations separated by a common language.

For example, I’m going to assume “lads” refers to the scammers themselves. If I’m wrong could somebody let me know?

Hopefully I’ll be able to share something soon and make people laugh. I’ve already got several responses to a bait letter I sent so let’s see what happens…..

Jack Pump
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Jack. Very Happy

Jack Pump wrote:
For example, I’m going to assume “lads” refers to the scammers themselves. If I’m wrong could somebody let me know?

that is correct - the scammers are the "lads"

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How-d, pardner! Glad ya mosied on over here for some funnin'.
Good luck with the lads, and feel free to ask any questions you might have. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, and congrats on refinding your hobby (too bad about the job though..).

You'll probably find baiting even more fun with this forum, read up a bit on some of the mean modalities and have fun!

erikkaluno
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While we're on the subject, where do we get the term lad? Was it just commonly used and then it stuck? Is it an acronym?
419Gamer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I'd like to know, too.

"LAD" could be an acronym for "Lazy-Ass D*** (insert your favourite 'D' insult word)".

I don't need to "get a life", I'm a gamer — I have lots of lives!

Scambaiting Toolbox
SPTS
-----
LISTEN AND LISTEN CAREFULLY OVER WISENESS AND I TOO KNOW MAKE A WISEMAN OR WOMAN TO DIE IN THE BACK YARD OF A FOOL. — Dr. Allen Newman
OH MY GOD YOU HAVE PROVOKE ME BADLY BY YOUR WORDS CALLING ME DUDE A 54 YEARS OLD MAN. — Bar. Ash Duke
YOU HAVE MADE ME TO LEAVE MY OFFICE JUST FOR NOTHING WHY, MY DEAR I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY, BUT THANKS FOR MAKING ME A MAD MAN TODAY. — Bar. Ash Duke (again)
I don't know why this is delaying like this as if is big a thing, if possible shout at them because they don't know work — N4ncy Bugib4

Closed lad accounts x 2
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe there was something with "Lads from Lagos"... but I could be wrong.

Lakefield_Dave
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jack

Howdy,

Goods to see somebody else in heres who knows how to speak English good like me.

I kint understand 1/2 of what these here fellas yap on about.

Anywho's WELCOME, meek yourself comfy, put yer feet up, beer's in the fridge, chews on the table and the missus should be along shortly with some sandwiches.

"The e-mail was noted,and i want to say go to hell with you and your fucking" Ken K

"your e-mail was nominated by our fun and fortune bonanza machine base on
wrong segment" M. Cl4ck

"TAR MALADE IT WILL NEVER BE GOOD FOR YOU YOU PIG BENZONAL GRAZZY RABUBUK MAMULER F*CKING BEACH" O. G00day
xdisolvedgirlx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I want to add that before I found out about the 419eaters I was actually afraid of the scam emails - someone told me that opening the emails could automatically insert a virus/trojan on my harddrive. It feels really good to take back my inbox; take it back and own it.
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Jack!Most around here speak a form of English.The various forms just take some getting used to. Laughing

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the facility, Jack Pump! Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic